Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I bet people are missing and wishing to have ghostcrawler back now. lol
    and they will be wishing for Ion if he is ever replaced, its the same as praising wod now, people have collective memory of a goddamn goldfish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.
    almost like the game was new back then...
    classic dont have those things and it didnt reach those heights... almost like the game without it is NOT better...

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA
    How many people did leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm more curious why this thread is even allowed to go on with that title.
    bcs moderation on this forum is pretty bad - shit threads l;ike this run forever, spam is here SOO MUCH, but i tell a guy who is trying to convince someone who ignores him that he is "banging head against the wall of stupidity" and get a ban

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    massive layoffs
    you mean those 12 or so people from wow team? yeah, massive

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I love how everyone's complaints with Covenants were that there was going to be one path that was the best and everything else would prevent you from getting invites... so they made it so that you can actually switch covenants easily, and now the complaint is that they'll be unbalanced... even though you can switch as you please and they're obviously going to be tuning things to be as close as possible.

Like, seriously, they addressed the complaint and fixed the issue. You can switch covenants all you want. Stop looking for things to complain about.
    Yeah because switching back and forth is totally what people want. Well I think I'll tanks this 15 key for my key group <switches to Cov A> and then I'll do some PvP with the guild <switches to Cov B> before the raid tonight <switches to Cov C>.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fired? No... He just needs to stop being a prick and forcing these shitty borrowed powers that only window-lickers enjoy down our throats every expansion. Also, they need to revert Survival Hunter to MOP/WOD or give Hunters a 4th spec, dammit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Yeah because switching back and forth is totally what people want. Well I think I'll tanks this 15 key for my key group <switches to Cov A> and then I'll do some PvP with the guild <switches to Cov B> before the raid tonight <switches to Cov C>.
    Seriously just make the class abilities a talent row at this point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    Ah, wonderful, the good old gravedigging strategy!

So, by your logic, if I once advocated for religious freedom, I am now forbidden to denounce the ritualized genital mutilation of girls as performed by non-native subcultures?
    My previous satements regarding non-violent protests basically tie my hands, giving the cop thats beating me with a baton free reign.

People that dig just to find dirt and apply it out of context are as vile as they think themselves to be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position

Probably just a lot of warrior buffs. Shattering throw is instant cast and one shots McConnell in Bubble / Mages in Ice Block.

Also, more to the point, Blizz was never going to walk away from the major design points of Shadowlands. Every 2 years they reinvent the wheel with the outlook of the next expansion being this huge proof of concept.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-09-15 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

Probably just a lot of warrior buffs. Shattering throw is instant cast and one shots McConnell in Bubble / Mages in Ice Block.
    also raid instances don't let you in unless your transmog is on point

Everytime i read this thread title i can't help but picture a Karen calling for the manager. xD

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I actually wonder what would happen if we let Asmongold take his position
    We'd have to play the game by watching a stream of him watching us play, probably, while he screams "that's true".
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

The issue is they have to stick to their guns on some things and i respect that but history has shown they have not and cannot balance these overlapping systems that give borrowed power. It will be the same with Covenants just like it was with Azerite Powers and Corruption but they will wait until the game is going down the tubes before they see what is happening.

In my opinion they need to go back to basics and focus on Dungeons, Raids and good class design and balance instead of these band aid systems they keep putting in the game. I mean the fact that no one at Blizzard stood up and said letting corruption into Arenas was the worst idea ever still baffles me to this day, i dont know what is going on over at Blizzard but it feels like its falling apart from a consumer's eye at least.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Ah, wonderful, the good old gravedigging strategy!

So, by your logic, if I once advocated for religious freedom, I am now forbidden to denounce the ritualized genital mutilation of girls as performed by non-native subcultures?
    My previous satements regarding non-violent protests basically tie my hands, giving the cop thats beating me with a baton free reign.

People that dig just to find dirt and apply it out of context are as vile as they think themselves to be smart.
    I usually agree with this sort of sentiment if say people dig things up people said or did years ago, however, something he said a month ago I feel is still relevant.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    You not liking the game is not a legitimate reason to fire someone. This is nothing more than you whining because they don't cater to you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If Ion would stop saying what he thinks the community wants to hear and instead start doing what the community wants to see happen, I'd have a lot less of an issue with him. Right now it's hard to believe a fucking word the dude says because of his penchant for either divulging too information or intentionally overselling a development philosophy in order to quell unrest (see also: rip cord). I don't think he should be fired but it wouldn't fucking hurt anybody for the guy to be a little bit more direct in the information he communicates to us.
    Absolutely on point. His rhetoric is unfit an creates more friction than anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ion should be fired
    Yeah! And Ghostcrawler too!
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-09-15 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I agree with their design philosophy for Covenants. Ion is doing a spectacular job of not just keeping WoW alive, but at the top.
    That statement is so flawed, Blizzard tried to release it despite early negative feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the only truly good thing about GC was his open talks with players. he had some really great communications with the player base when he was GM and i always enjoyed reading them even if i didnt always agree with him. he implemented alot of features that hurt the game long term, he even admits to it now.
    LFD and LFR were his babies.
    That is still only his opinion, not fact. And it doesn't validate your opinion as fact either.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Absolutely on point. His rhetoric is unfit an creates more friction than anything.
    How is his rhetoric unfit? In this case he literally laid out the plan they were following for the coming months then when said months came he stuck exactly to that plan.

Would it create less friction if he just lied to us or should he just stop doing interviews altogether so people can’t misconstrue what he says?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Fired? No... He just needs to stop being a prick and forcing these shitty borrowed powers that only window-lickers enjoy down our throats every expansion. Also, they need to revert Survival Hunter to MOP/WOD or give Hunters a 4th spec, dammit.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously just make the class abilities a talent row at this point.
    Tha post makes you sound like one of those elitist wankers who don't play to enjoy the game or anything, you take it way too seriously to the point there you'll turn your nose up at something you enjoy or find fun & go with some boring shit because it offers 1% more dps or some shit, then piss & moan about it on a board where no one with any clout is actually gonna read it. Also, SV? Let it the fuck go, its been 2 expansions.

If you don't enjoy it, you are a paying customer, drop your money on something you do enjoy. Vote with your feet & your wallet, not your mouse & keyboard.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and they will be wishing for Ion if he is ever replaced, its the same as praising wod now, people have collective memory of a goddamn goldfish

- - - Updated - - -

almost like the game was new back then...
    classic dont have those things and it didnt reach those heights... almost like the game without it is NOT better...
    If you consider a 10 year old game "new", sure... I guess..

Classic didnt reach those heights because not everyone was interested in playing a game they had already played..

The fact that Classic's playerbase is even as large as it is... is testament to how bad retail wow is. lol

I can promise you that when BC releases people will flock to it in groups unlike anything classic seen.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-15 at 03:46 PM.