Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This will never not be funny.
    I guess they were RNG if you never looked at the dungeon journal to realize the abilities were fixed, so let's not judge. Afterall, who has time to be factual about things when you have to spend all your time being angry.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess they were RNG if you never looked at the dungeon journal to realize the abilities were fixed, so let's not judge. Afterall, who has time to be factual about things when you have to spend all your time being angry.
    It was rng in the sense of the item dropping.

But yeah, reading is hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

Refarming the same Azerite armor piece for a bigger i level is the issue(I disliked Azerite armor, keep those traits off gear/armor no need for that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Refarming the same Azerite armor piece for a bigger i level is the issue(I disliked Azerite armor, keep those traits off gear/armor no need for that).
    BfA was a nightmare.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    BfA was a nightmare.
    No, it was video game with good (imo) content and shitty progression system. Hyperbole won't lead us anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, it was video game with good (imo) content and shitty progression system. Hyperbole won't lead us anywhere.
    That's fair.

Azerite armor was a nightmare.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    That does bring up a good question; how are the dungeons compared to BFA? Does it feel like they were designed around MDI again or ...?
    Definitely very interested in how dungeons turn out. Legion dungeons were a blast for me, BFA not so much. Definitely don't like the dungeons feeling very esport designed

so is 99% of all loot in the history of wow, this isn't a real argument

legion legendaries were random in that you could get one of like 10 and half of them were worthless, and you got them incredibly infrequently

That's fair.

Azerite armor was a nightmare.
    Remember when the devs said Azerite armor would "upgrade" in design as you upgrades it normally?
    Anyone ever wonder what happened to that? Or if it was even a thing that we didnt all imagine being said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when the devs said Azerite armor would "upgrade" in design as you upgrades it normally?
    Anyone ever wonder what happened to that? Or if it was even a thing that we didnt all imagine being said?
    If Azerite Armor did what it wanted to do it might of done better. I would of been fine if all the Azerite armor traits were essentially essences and we could chose up to a few of them(5 maybe). Put that on launch and the reception would be different but..... shit changes in dev.

TLDR: Azerite Armor noty
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I can't fucking wait to do Torghast.

I dont think theyve ever said that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    so is 99% of all loot in the history of wow, this isn't a real argument

legion legendaries were random in that you could get one of like 10 and half of them were worthless, and you got them incredibly infrequently
    When it's the core progression system, it is. If azerite traits weren't tied to armor and were tied to the neck instead, would that have been so bad?

Rng is always a thing, but when rng is a difference of 10-15% dps, it's a pretty shitty feeling.
    I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I dont think theyve ever said that.
    Ìt was mentioned once way back when the Azerite armor was first shown, I don't think on the main showing but rahter on one of the dev Q&As later.

Now of course it could have been the audience mishearing or the devs saying the armor would change appearance when they only meant to say the armor would be upgradeable, but still. Would have been a cool idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Azerite Armor did what it wanted to do it might of done better. I would of been fine if all the Azerite armor traits were essentially essences and we could chose up to a few of them(5 maybe). Put that on launch and the reception would be different but..... shit changes in dev.

TLDR: Azerite Armor noty
    I think Azerite armor could ahve worked if they really scaled it back. At most each piece should have only been the spec specific ability, the other abilities only add to the bloat. If they wanted them they should have added Azerite to all the gear pieces and spread the utility abilities around, bracers giving utility, leggings giving defensives etc.

Though then again, good idea done poorly might as well be the tagline of BfA. The expansion that managed to bungle semi-freeform island exploration by adding a timer, and somehow thought that an RTS would be improved by 30 hero units on the lowest difficulty.

Had Islands been something where you could take your time and really explore, or of Warfronts were a 5-man instanced event where you really had to play it like an RTS then it could have been great.

Ìt was mentioned once way back when the Azerite armor was first shown, I don't think on the main showing but rahter on one of the dev Q&As later.

Now of course it could have been the audience mishearing or the devs saying the armor would change appearance when they only meant to say the armor would be upgradeable, but still. Would have been a cool idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Azerite armor could ahve worked if they really scaled it back. At most each piece should have only been the spec specific ability, the other abilities only add to the bloat. If they wanted them they should have added Azerite to all the gear pieces and spread the utility abilities around, bracers giving utility, leggings giving defensives etc.

Though then again, good idea done poorly might as well be the tagline of BfA. The expansion that managed to bungle semi-freeform island exploration by adding a timer, and somehow thought that an RTS would be improved by 30 hero units on the lowest difficulty.

Had Islands been something where you could take your time and really explore, or of Warfronts were a 5-man instanced event where you really had to play it like an RTS then it could have been great.
    I think they said like as you upgrade the heart, you empower your gear.

So they could have just been talking about unlocking new rings.

Not long now until the moment of truth. Hopefully the rug is not pulled form under us and we do indeed get the 2-week notice of the pre-patch.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Still no news about island expeditions doable in solo ... :/
    Thats realy on your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It will be important come Shadowlands when the pool for people doing islands will be vanishingly slim. Being able to queue islands solo would make farming the mounts and transmog and what have you much easier.

Not long now until the moment of truth. Hopefully the rug is not pulled form under us and we do indeed get the 2-week notice of the pre-patch.
    Man, imagine if the patch just dropped like...today. No notice, no warning, nothing. Just bam 9.0
    Eh, it would be cool to do for transmogs and mounts.

Despite the fact that I did a ton of them, I only got a couple mounts, I'm missing a few pets, and there's a ton of transmog that is quite expensive on the AH from expeditions. So, it's something that Blizz should think about for collectors.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed in a later patch, like when they add the LFR solo queues for the previous expansion.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.