Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why are so many people so bloody stuck on this time skip idea? All that idea ever did is ruin several TV shows and as if this game's timeline isn't screwed up enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean, it's as you said - on a "what if" scenario where Stormwind removes all support from the Argents due to them not helping against Sylvanas or whatever; then of course the Night Elves, Draenei, High Elves, Dwarves, Alliance loyal Lordaeronians, Gnomes, etc. would move out or get shoo'ed off, and I meant the Argent Lordaeronians, Human and Forsaken; my bad.

In terms of geopolitics, I'd think that the Lordaeronians would stand better with Forsaken and Blood Elves due to their closer proximity; and about Blood Elves and Argents - I mean the uhhh relations of Lordaeron and Quel'thalas before WoW and would you look at it, Argent Lordaeronians helping the Blood Elves and Forsaken would be their penance and amends for what Garithos (another Lordaeronian) did to the Blood Elves. Also, Argents allying with the Horde would mean honoring Tirion and Eitrigg's friendship. If the Alliance gets their token High Elven NPCs, I'd think the Horde should also get some token Human NPCs

Also I don't think Dalaran would be an Alliance faction, Modera is pretty much a Sunreaver apologist

- - - Updated - - -

Ashen Verdict?
    Ashen Verdict is different, as the Crusade has a clear relationship with the Ebon Blade. I think the Ebon Blade are to the Forsaken what the Argents have always been to the Scarlet Crusade. They have similar goals, but one is much more willing to do bad things to achieve those goals than the other.

The Ebon Blade and Forsaken both wanted to kill the Lich King, but the Ebon Blade put the Horde/Alliance conflict aside in order to focus on Arthas and the Scourge, while the Forsaken didn't care who they hurt to achieve their goals of making their new plague.

The Argents and Scarlets both wanted to kill the Scourge (and Forsaken, in the Scarlets' case, not distinguishing between the two), but the Argents put faction aside to take Horde members while Scarlets refused non-Alliance, and eventually non-human help and increasingly began to hurt innocents to achieve their goals.

According to the map, the Argents' best bet would be to send envoys to the Wildhammers in the Hinterlands. There's a big Scourge army in between the Argents and Quel'thalas, and a big Scourge army and Scarlets between them and the Forsaken.

There's just really no reason for the Argents to throw their lot in with the Forsaken, since they are devoted to destroying evil in all its forms. I don't think the Forsaken would sit right with them. Also, the Argents are former Silver Hand, a separate force from those of Garithos who was more the secular Lordaeronian nobility leading normal Lordaeronian military combatants. They had nothing to do with him and can't be held accountable for his actions.

If Horde were to get any humans, they'd likely be pirates or Alterac ones, though that's also unlikely because a main goal for the Syndicate was to put orcs back into camps, likely to try and win back the trust of the Alliance so they could join for safety in numbers (Prince Aliden Perenolde wore a Stormwind tabard in vanilla when you kill him). It was likely the Syndicate's violent rivalry with Stromgarde that prevented them from joining.

I was thinking they just lost their biggest source of new recruits when Stormwind directs its support to the Scarlets. They're still in a fine position to continue their work against the Scourge in the Plaguelands with what they have, considering their new capital of Tyr's Hand which features a safe harbor they can continue to get supplies and recruits from further south in the Eastern Kingdoms. No doubt they'd still have a fine relationship with Dalaran, Khaz Modan, and Gilneas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    Why are so many people so bloody stuck on this time skip idea? All that idea ever did is ruin several TV shows and as if this game's timeline isn't screwed up enough already.
    Blizzard has killed off all interesting local conflicts so the world feels boring. They didn't realize they could keep this game going for so long and so they killed off major characters like Kael'thas and Arthas without adequately building up new threats, villains, small factions, dungeon potential, etc.

I want more interesting things to do outside BGs than helping turtles make it to the water.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-09-15 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    Ashen Verdict is different, as the Crusade has a clear relationship with the Ebon Blade. I think the Ebon Blade are to the Forsaken what the Argents have always been to the Scarlet Crusade. They have similar goals, but one is much more willing to do bad things to achieve those goals than the other.

The Ebon Blade and Forsaken both wanted to kill the Lich King, but the Ebon Blade put the Horde/Alliance conflict aside in order to focus on Arthas and the Scourge, while the Forsaken didn't care who they hurt to achieve their goals of making their new plague.

The Argents and Scarlets both wanted to kill the Scourge (and Forsaken, in the Scarlets' case, not distinguishing between the two), but the Argents put faction aside to take Horde members while Scarlets refused non-Alliance, and eventually non-human help and increasingly began to hurt innocents to achieve their goals.

According to the map, the Argents' best bet would be to send envoys to the Wildhammers in the Hinterlands. There's a big Scourge army in between the Argents and Quel'thalas, and a big Scourge army and Scarlets between them and the Forsaken.

There's just really no reason for the Argents to throw their lot in with the Forsaken, since they are devoted to destroying evil in all its forms. I don't think the Forsaken would sit right with them. Also, the Argents are former Silver Hand, a separate force from those of Garithos who was more the secular Lordaeronian nobility leading normal Lordaeronian military combatants. They had nothing to do with him and can't be held accountable for his actions.

If Horde were to get any humans, they'd likely be pirates or Alterac ones, though that's also unlikely because a main goal for the Syndicate was to put orcs back into camps, likely to try and win back the trust of the Alliance so they could join for safety in numbers (Prince Aliden Perenolde wore a Stormwind tabard in vanilla when you kill him). It was likely the Syndicate's violent rivalry with Stromgarde that prevented them from joining.

I was thinking they just lost their biggest source of new recruits when Stormwind directs its support to the Scarlets. They're still in a fine position to continue their work against the Scourge in the Plaguelands with what they have, considering their new capital of Tyr's Hand which features a safe harbor they can continue to get supplies and recruits from further south in the Eastern Kingdoms. No doubt they'd still have a fine relationship with Dalaran, Khaz Modan, and Gilneas.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has killed off all interesting local conflicts so the world feels boring. They didn't realize they could keep this game going for so long and so they killed off major characters like Kael'thas and Arthas without adequately building up new threats, villains, small factions, dungeon potential, etc.

I want more interesting things to do outside BGs than helping turtles make it to the water.
    Syndicate was always group of opportunists. People of Alterac were never really loyal and did not uphold to any special values, save for their own safety. In your setting, Horde is losing many battles in northern EK, so any remnants of alteraci population is not really likely to join the Horde, especially with Forsaken moving in their ancestral lands.

In your scenario, humans of Alterac are most likely to join Scarlets, who made new human power on the continent, took over some places and are building up quite momentum.

I also believe sharing elves between faction, making them virtually neutral, is enough. Humans should not meddle with Horde on regular basis safe for neutral factions.

3+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    fair enough, I was thinking of not exactly a full assimilation of the Argents and Forsaken but rather, the Forsaken being tolerated and accepted in Hearthglen, LHC, and Tyr's Hand; I don't mean to remove the Forsaken's dark sides completely like they could still operate on wherever secretly while the Argents do not know

also, my idea of Alteraci Humans aren't the Syndicate proper but rather

• former Syndicate members led by Master Ryson
    • the Blackthorn Bandits who allied with Sylvanas in WC3
    • the Ravenholdts
    • heck you could even make a lore expansion of the Stonemason's Guild being made up of former Alteraci Laborers seeking amends for Alterac's betrayal and so the Defias could join in, along with some Westfall homeless who were disenfranchised by the Alliance
    • the Fogsail Pirates who helped the Horde in the Fourth War could join in too
    • I've seen somewhere about the human spies working for Thrall before but I forgot, them too

- - - Updated - - -

also one more thing, the Silver Covenant, the Allerians, the 7th Legion and the Highvale are rather large compared to... Fogsail Pirates
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I do prefer the idea of the characters we meet to not have been doing things for 20+ years like in Draka's case. Make them closer to how they used to be, unlike Alleria and Turalyon with the 1000 years to justify any odd character changes.

But Uther is a mess.

Dies in WC3, soul supposedly sucked by Frostmourne, but also in Bastion, but also at his tomb as early as BC when we defile it on orders from a blood knight and Uther's former pupil Mehlar Dawnblade, but also trapped in Frostmourne as we see in WotLK until released, at which point we must believe it went back to his tomb.

Only explanation is when Uther was killed, his soul was split in half with one part going to Bastion and the other half not being claimed by Frostmourne, perhaps through the same small shred of humanity left in Arthas that stopped him from raising Uther as a death knight. Uther then gets buried in the tomb by some of his surviving knights, where his spirit resides up to BC, then the DK event in WotLK happens and perhaps Arthas makes a stop at Uther's tomb now that he's fully merged with Ner'zhul and stabbed the representation of his humanity in his mind when he put on the helm. Arthas sucks up Uther's soul, then goes to Light's Hope Chapel or the Scarlet Enclave to continue the DK event, and then in Northrend we find Uther's soul in the Halls of Reflection dungeon, trapped in Frostmourne, freed once Frostmourne shatters. Once freed, the half of Uther's spirit in Azeroth went back to his tomb where it resided until Legion most recently when paladin players ask Uther where to find Ashbringer.

Messy messy messy.
    Yeah... it does make me think they just go for hype and don't sweat the details until later.
    Ursoc also has a loose end cause he shows up at the end of the emeral nightmare in ghost form but turns out he went directly to ardenweald.

Factions are stupid and they need to merge them, it is a long time coming unless you area hateful human who likes war which it seems a lot of WoW players do and it is a reflection of you as a person is some regards, at a certain point it is not escapism but an excuse to hate for no reason.

WoW is the greatest social experiment ever though I give them that.

Still think that the timey whimey stuff is gonna affect the characters inside the shadowlands (maw especially) rather than the outside world, for example we'll get old man anduin from the comic to the next expansions.

Ashen Verdict?
    I meant specifically post-Cata and Legion, where my forsaken helped to re-plague the plaguelands and kill a ton of human settlers and my death knight....very much betrayed their trust.

And I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that meddling Light. *shakes fist*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They’ve already hinted at a time jump, so I honestly hope 10.0 will be the big revamp. Arathi and Darkshore (arathi especially) is such a good example of how even adding new assets makes it feel super updated.

I’m hoping we get a good few years of a time jump, at least the Night Elves could have built a new city around Bashal’Aran, the undead could have relocated else where/built a new city and Lordaeron could be somewhat fixed.

fair enough, I was thinking of not exactly a full assimilation of the Argents and Forsaken but rather, the Forsaken being tolerated and accepted in Hearthglen, LHC, and Tyr's Hand; I don't mean to remove the Forsaken's dark sides completely like they could still operate on wherever secretly while the Argents do not know

also, my idea of Alteraci Humans aren't the Syndicate proper but rather

• former Syndicate members led by Master Ryson
    • the Blackthorn Bandits who allied with Sylvanas in WC3
    • the Ravenholdts
    • heck you could even make a lore expansion of the Stonemason's Guild being made up of former Alteraci Laborers seeking amends for Alterac's betrayal and so the Defias could join in, along with some Westfall homeless who were disenfranchised by the Alliance
    • the Fogsail Pirates who helped the Horde in the Fourth War could join in too
    • I've seen somewhere about the human spies working for Thrall before but I forgot, them too

- - - Updated - - -

also one more thing, the Silver Covenant, the Allerians, the 7th Legion and the Highvale are rather large compared to... Fogsail Pirates
    I think the Syndicate was always wanting safety in numbers and to join the winning side, so that's why they were trying to be hard anti-orcs to get help from the Alliance, but they couldn't keep their anger toward Stromgarde in check. It'd be like the Forest Trolls trying to join the Horde today but being unable to resist attacking the elves. The Horde would reject them for attacking one of their member states.

Because of that, Syndicate joining the Scarlets or slowly abandoning Lordaeron to go and live in safer human lands seems likely.

I don't think the Argents would trust Forsaken even enough to just tolerate them. Would be tough to swing, knowing the things the Forsaken do.

In this scenario, the Silver Covenant, high elves from Allerian Stronghold, elves in the 7th Legion, and the elves from Quel'Danil are all aligned once again with Quel'thalas. Dalaran may still have some Silver Covenant and Quel'Danil likely still has some of their original high elves, but the Silver Covenant are at least friendly with Quel'thalas again, and the elves at Quel'Danil have been re-assimilated into the Farstriders and backed up by more from Quel'thalas.

There are more pirates than just the Fogsails. I think it'd be cool for Horde to get Bloodsail Buccaneers and possibly other pirate groups. Just would have to explain why. Possibly Turalyon cracking down on piracy near Stormwind forces them to become mercenaries who get hired by the Bilgewaters to protect their interests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Would you be so kind and write a TLDRer version of the TLDR? The map is impossible to read and the individual sections are not so good to read without context.

Like, one sentence per section?
    Humanity: Stormwind humans get radical and join the Scarlet Crusade out of hatred for Forsaken. Dalaran goes back to crater. Gilneas reclaims Gilneas. Stormwind recruits in the Scarlet Crusade cause family members in Stormwind to campaign and get more support and pressure Turalyon to help the Scarlets, so he does. Stormwind, Gilneas, Dalaran, and Scarlets are pressing in on Forsaken from all sides. Stormwind and Dalaran are also in Blasted Lands to prevent orcs, mok'nathal, and ogres from escaping the quickly crumbling Outland to join the Horde. Horde are attacking the south beach to control the Dark Portal so the refugees can escape safely.

Dwarves: Built a Thandol Span-style bridge between Dun Morogh and Searing Gorge, resettled that area and retook Blackrock Mountain. Now dwarves seek to drive the Blackrock Orcs out of the Burning Steppes. Dwarves are also fighting the Forest Trolls in Hinterlands and Dragonmaw for the Twilight Highlands. They want Grim Batol back, which is once again a Dragonmaw base. Gnomes are still doing Gnomeregan stuff, now with Mecha-Gnome help, and they suggest replacing infected leper gnome parts with mechanical pieces.

Night Elves: Working with Gilneans in Gilneas, Silverpine, and Duskwood to calm the feral worgen in order to get any who are former night elves instead of humans to rejoin their people and be used as weapons against the Horde in Kalimdor, which the night elves are aggressively retaking from years of Horde encroachment. NEs are wrathful right now and don't care to help the Alliance with anything that doesn't benefit themselves, like the worgen. Their only other place is at the Twilight Grove in Duskwood, protecting the Dream Portal from corruption and enemy combatants, since the portal leads to the Emerald Dream which can take them to places in Night Elf territory.

Draenei: Helping Scarlet humans they find common cause with from the Light worship, and helping Stormwind keep the Outland refugees out, thinking it a just punishment to force those who destroyed Draenor to die with it.

Orcs: Trying to rescue refugees from Outland. With the Blackrock Mag'har's help, Nazgrel (the new chieftain of the Frostwolves after Drek'thar's passing from old age) now leading the Horde, manages to get the Blackrocks to finally join with them. Nazgrel recognizes the strategic value of the Blackrocks holding a large Horde territory in the EK. Blackrocks and Dragonmaw are helping the fight in Blasted Lands.

Tauren: Helping the orcs.

Darkspear: Vol'jin's two oldest sons become co-chieftains and want to make a Darkspear Empire, so using Horde support, they're trying to conquer and annex the Gurubashi, gaining Zul'Gurub as a new Darkspear capital city in the process.

Forest Trolls: Driven out of Arathi by Horde/Alliance conflict in the warfront, the Forest Trolls fled to Hinterlands where they've been building their numbers and training the next generation. Finally, they're big enough again to pose a threat. They destroy Forsaken and now are in conflict with Wildhammers and Quel'danil elves again. They also send support up to Zul'Aman and cause problems for the elves in Quel'thalas. It's possible that now that the elves have become neutral to focus on their own problems at home, the Darkspear may be able to get the Forest Trolls to join the Horde again.

Forsaken: Boxed in and driven out of Tirisfal and some of Hillsbrad, the Forsaken have taken Alterac City, Fenris Keep, Shadowfang Keep, and Durnholde Keep while losing most of Tirisfal along with Southshore and the Sludge Fields to Stormwind. Their objective is to survive long enough for Horde to control the Dark Portal so they can spare some help for the Forsaken.

Quel'thalas: After many years, Quel'thalas going neutral, and fel corruption leaving some of the less-corrupted blood elves so their eyes returned to blue, the schism between the Blood and High elves slowly waned. Now the elves are focused on the Scourge and Forest Trolls in Quel'thalas the orcs haven't helped them with at all. Their people were mad about Quel'thalas being involved in foreign affairs, dying for the orcs' endless wars while getting nothing in return, so they rightly focus now on Quel'thalas alone. Quel'danil and Quel'lithien lodges are once again under Silvermoon's command. Elves are also studying druidism and shamanism to help them heal the plagued land, but enslaving nature, not worshipping it. They call themselves geomancers.

Sorry, can't shorten it more than that without losing a lot more details.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2021-02-04 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Nice ideas! Thanks a lot for the TLDR. I feel like this could have been a great addition to BFA instead of post-SL though.
    Unfortunately, just like how in Legion they thought we'd enjoy helping poor oppressed drogbar fight the bad drogbar instead of seeing the Legion invasion of Hearthglen, Blizzard thought we'd enjoy helping turtles make it to the water more than seeing the Worgen Gilneas vs. Forsaken Shadowfang Keep fight.

We didn't get to participate in the Battle for Azeroth. We just got to read about it from our mission table, and if you put a dot on the map everywhere there was a battle, the so-called "Fourth War" wasn't even half as big as the conflict in Cataclysm.

I learned that you were supposed to show, not tell, in my 3rd Grade writing class.

If any part of WoW should have been relegated to a crappy tap-and-wait mobile game mechanic, it should've been the helping turtles make it to the water. The mission table missions were usually way more interesting. The DK player sends his knights to the Shadowlands to find Salanar the Horseman. Would've been cool to go there instead of run around with Tyrande while she runs into obvious trap after trap, listening to Malfurion's insufferable "Tuh-rahn-duhuhuhuh!~ Hoowhere aaare youuu????". And if it were that easy to get there, why do we need a Lich King helmet portal?

It's a shame Blizz doesn't care about the story much anymore, making it take a backseat to restrictive and antiquated game mechanics.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-09-15 at 03:17 PM.

Unfortunately, just like how in Legion they thought we'd enjoy helping poor oppressed drogbar fight the bad drogbar instead of seeing the Legion invasion of Hearthglen, Blizzard thought we'd enjoy helping turtles make it to the water more than seeing the Worgen Gilneas vs. Forsaken Shadowfang Keep fight.

We didn't get to participate in the Battle for Azeroth. We just got to read about it from our mission table, and if you put a dot on the map everywhere there was a battle, the so-called "Fourth War" wasn't even half as big as the conflict in Cataclysm.

I learned that you were supposed to show, not tell, in my 3rd Grade writing class.

If any part of WoW should have been relegated to a crappy tap-and-wait mobile game mechanic, it should've been the helping turtles make it to the water. The mission table missions were usually way more interesting. The DK player sends his knights to the Shadowlands to find Salanar the Horseman. Would've been cool to go there instead of run around with Tyrande while she runs into obvious trap after trap, listening to Malfurion's insufferable "Tuh-rahn-duhuhuhuh!~ Hoowhere aaare youuu????". And if it were that easy to get there, why do we need a Lich King helmet portal?

It's a shame Blizz doesn't care about the story much anymore, making it take a backseat to restrictive and antiquated game mechanics.

You have a point. With Legion and BfA, Blizzard hyped us for huge conflicts - kingdoms shall burn, everybody will need to pick a side, etc... yet the whole story of the expansion does not really live up to that expectations. What territory actually Legion invaded safe for Broken Isles? Exodar and Peak of Serenity? Wasn't Legion supposed to strike all citizens of Azeroth?

What of Fourth War? We were told that our capitals are not safe anymore and war over Azerite will be all over Azeroth... yet we had only two warfronts. What I also missed is some storytelling for warfronts. I certainly lacked any story telling us how Alliance retaken and rebuild Stromgarde. There were little consequences for both Arathi and Darkshore... and I had a strange feeling there should be at least two more warfronts instead of the damp hole called Nazjatar and boring city of Nya'lotha.

We were hyped for faction war, but all we got was little action, lot of princess babysitting (Talanji/Jaina), some crab blasting and later turtle eating, and Azerite, rumored to be one of the most powerful and dangerous substance we've ever encountered, being almost useless and completely forgotten in the mid of expansion revolving around it.

We were also told this will be faction pride expansion, but at the end of it, I see no pride at either faction. I felt almost insulted that Anduin contributed more honor to Saurfang, who was happy to wage war upon Alliance just 1-2 ago then he did to night elves who paid with their lives for being in the Alliance. On the Horde side, you have Baine who constantly runs to the Alliance for help and seem to be unable to find solution which requires him to stand on his own hooves.

BfA had great ideas and cool story directions, but the execution of that story was terrible.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-09-15 at 04:10 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think the Syndicate was always wanting safety in numbers and to join the winning side, so that's why they were trying to be hard anti-orcs to get help from the Alliance, but they couldn't keep their anger toward Stromgarde in check. It'd be like the Forest Trolls trying to join the Horde today but being unable to resist attacking the elves. The Horde would reject them for attacking one of their member states.

Because of that, Syndicate joining the Scarlets or slowly abandoning Lordaeron to go and live in safer human lands seems likely.
    hmm, perhaps; this too - I would still be looking forward for the Alteraci's 30 year long due vengeance to Lordaeron though

also other Elves seem fine, but not Silver Covenant; I'd rather Rommath himself execute the Silver Covenant High Elves for the Purge of Dalaran. They gleefully jumped at the opportunity to harass and do undesirable things to the Blood Elves and there's no forgiveness for that. I could see Rommath burning Vereesa alive with fel
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

hmm, perhaps; this too - I would still be looking forward for the Alteraci's 30 year long due vengeance to Lordaeron though

also other Elves seem fine, but not Silver Covenant; I'd rather Rommath himself execute the Silver Covenant High Elves for the Purge of Dalaran. They gleefully jumped at the opportunity to harass and do undesirable things to the Blood Elves and there's no forgiveness for that. I could see Rommath burning Vereesa alive with fel
    I suppose you're right that the Silver Covenant should be banished from Quel'thalas and never be welcome again. They'd have to stay in Dalaran then.

Quel'thalas could have: Blood Elves, non-Silver Covenant High Elves, Void Elves (in the Ghostlands, so I doubt many would feel inclined to go just to fight in the Ghostlands and not be allowed in the greener area of Quel'thalas), and a few Nightborne, probably their only close friend. No doubt Rommath would want to, but that wouldn't be the best way to keep the Alliance off their backs while they deal with the undead and trolls.

I really think that realistically, Alterac/the Syndicate have no future. The Horde hates them. The Alliance hates them. Really their only option to go on living for a significant lifespan is to disperse and try to assimilate into various human populations without telling anyone they're former Syndicate. I think the only group who would take them while knowing who they are might be the Scarlet Crusade in this scenario. The new prince might be willing to take whoever he can get and offer amnesty to them if they serve the Crusade well.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-09-15 at 06:12 PM.

Draenei: Helping Scarlet humans they find common cause with from the Light worship, and helping Stormwind keep the Outland refugees out, thinking it a just punishment to force those who destroyed Draenor to die with it.
    One more thing occured to me regarding draenei. I have no problem with them being part of the Blockade which try to cut of the Horde from the Dark Portal as a punishment for them being responsible for the destruction of Draenor, but wouldn't they be also interested in exodus of their own people? There is still considerable number of draenei and broken, as well as some other Alliance's forces. With Outland eroding into Twisting Nether, Alliance may want to evacuate their own people as well.

What will be fate of Outland factions? I guess that Cenarion Expedition would just disband and elves and tauren all go back to their kin in Azeroth eventually. Regarding Sha'tar... Will Ad'al relocate? Will they use some space ship to leave the planet? Or will Velen or some other draenei invite Sha'tar to Azeroth? They are considerable power which would tip the scales in favor of the Alliance greatly, if they would decide to join their kin and leave their neutrality. Scryers are most likely to rejoin Silvermoon, Aldor would most likely join the Alliance, given how they are devouted to the Prophet and Naaru. There are also Netherwing, a progeny of black dragonflight, so maybe Wrathion would be interested in helping them out? Ethereals of Consortium and other cartels are probably not really tied to Outlands, so I guess they could leave on their own.

With both faction having serious loses after Fourth War, addition of Outland people to their ranks is surely be sought after.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-09-16 at 07:02 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    It seems you have put a lot of thought into this, I really like it, especially the Forsaken and Quel'thalas.
    I rarely respond to posts, but this one absolutely deserved praise.

Awesome job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    One more thing occured to me regarding draenei. I have no problem with them being part of the Blockade which try to cut of the Horde from the Dark Portal as a punishment for them being responsible for the destruction of Draenor, but wouldn't they be also interested in exodus of their own people? There is still considerable number of draenei and broken, as well as some other Alliance's forces. With Outland eroding into Twisting Nether, Alliance may want to evacuate their own people as well.

What will be fate of Outland factions? I guess that Cenarion Expedition would just disband and elves and tauren all go back to their kin in Azeroth eventually. Regarding Sha'tar... Will Ad'al relocate? Will they use some space ship to leave the planet? Or will Velen or some other draenei invite Sha'tar to Azeroth? They are considerable power which would tip the scales in favor of the Alliance greatly, if they would decide to join their kin and leave their neutrality. Scryers are most likely to rejoin Silvermoon, Aldor would most likely join the Alliance, given how they are devouted to the Prophet and Naaru. There are also Netherwing, a progeny of black dragonflight, so maybe Wrathion would be interested in helping them out? Ethereals of Consortium and other cartels are probably not really tied to Outlands, so I guess they could leave on their own.

With both faction having serious loses after Fourth War, addition of Outland people to their ranks is surely be sought after.
    I imagine the Draenei have long since gotten their people out after 20 years with the Army of Light space ship. If not, then in this scenario, they'd also be going through the Dark Portal, but be allowed through by the Alliance forces. My idea wasn't that there's a huge Mag'har Horde army on the other side of the portal, more like bases in Hellfire Peninsula and small groups fleeing, pilgrims going through the portal to their death because they feel they have no other option. No doubt Horde and Alliance both are in Outland as part of evacuation procedures, but I don't think the Sons of Lothar are still there after all this time. Maybe one or two in Shattrath who wanted to stay there, but most are probably out, or dead of old age after 20 more years.

Shattrath in particular would likely have extra access to the Army of Light ship, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were first to be evacuated. It's not going to crumble apart right this very instant, but within a year or two the shaman say, and the edges are breaking off little by little.

The Scryers I'm sure have already returned to Quel'thalas after the Shattered Sun partnership by now.

Netherwing can open portals to Azeroth as we've seen in the past, so that could be an option.

Ethereals are also fine, yup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gub View Post
    It seems you have put a lot of thought into this, I really like it, especially the Forsaken and Quel'thalas.
    I rarely respond to posts, but this one absolutely deserved praise.

Awesome job.
    Thanks, I had fun making it. I'll be making some for Kalimdor and Northrend too. Maybe even Outland for this evacuation operation.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-09-16 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Still think that the timey whimey stuff is gonna affect the characters inside the shadowlands (maw especially) rather than the outside world, for example we'll get old man anduin from the comic to the next expansions.
    it doesn't though. Salanar the Horseman has visited the Shadowlands and when we talk to him during the quest 'Neltharion's Lair: Braid of the Underking' he says something along the lines of "Greetings Deathlord, Years have passed since we last met but for me it's been merely days". Salanar journeys to the Shadowlands to acquire our mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    it doesn't though. Salanar the Horseman has visited the Shadowlands and when we talk to him during the quest 'Neltharion's Lair: Braid of the Underking' he says something along the lines of "Greetings Deathlord, Years have passed since we last met but for me it's been merely days". Salanar journeys to the Shadowlands to acquire our mounts.
    thats 1 person. other people have been there for a long time when barely any time has passed in the living world.
    time is messy in the shadowlands.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    thats 1 person. other people have been there for a long time when barely any time has passed in the living world.
    time is messy in the shadowlands.
    Fair enough.