Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    How is it a false equivalence?
    because you are comparing two scenarios where the same amount of money purchase different amounts of goods and claiming they're equivalent scenarios

You need to explain why I'm wrong rather than just telling me I am, alt-account
    sorry for overestimating you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Especially not something on a WoW account, which if you recall from the ToS you don't even own. Your monthly sub only grants you access, so all the additional purchases you make are sunk into something that can never be sold, traded, or returned for any value.
    I'm well aware of how a WoW account works, thanks. And while I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for anything in a game, I respect other people's right to do so if they wish - and I can do so without insulting them or 'well actually it is stupid, that's a fact which is actually just my opinion'.

As far as 'making it everyone's business' goes - he came here to ask whether or not he could do this without his account getting in trouble. Not looking for the approval of the MMO Spending Police™.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Could go on a realm where you get more gold for your tokens and maybe get it that way?
    Isn't the price of the tokens the same no matter what server you go onto? NA has one price and EU has another. Or has it been changed and I just didn't know?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Isn't the price of the tokens the same no matter what server you go onto? NA has one price and EU has another. Or has it been changed and I just didn't know?
    That is correct. One price for NA one price for EU. Sever does no matter.

I've used 400 euros in a way more reckless and stupid ways. That mount, be it a game item or not, can give joy to OP for years. Now is that really that big of an investment?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're already spending $400+ why not just buy a second account?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm well aware of how a WoW account works, thanks. And while I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for anything in a game, I respect other people's right to do so if they wish - and I can do so without insulting them or 'well actually it is stupid, that's a fact which is actually just my opinion'.
    Sure, and that's up to you. Doesn't stop anyone else from saying different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As far as 'making it everyone's business' goes - he came here to ask whether or not he could do this without his account getting in trouble. Not looking for the approval of the MMO Spending Police™.
    Irrelevant. This is a public forum, not a curated Q&A board. There are other avenues OP could have gone if he wanted to keep his financial decisions private and shielded from public scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Hooold on a bit!

From Blizzard's perspective, it's a massive transaction of gold. From one account not affilliated with and to the other. That WILL raise some eyebrows. That CAN cause an investigation. That MAY lead to a ban, especially if it's on the same creditcard. Imagine the accounts having 2 different cards attached for 2 years, exclusively paying with their own card, and then suddenly one card is paying for an insane amount of tokens on the other? Yeah...

My suggestion would be to not do this without specifically clearing it with Blizz first.

And general rule of thumb: If you are insecure and have to ask if it's bannable, it most likely will be.
    I doubt this will be the case, people give millions to boosters for cutting edge/mythic mount these days. We literally sell nzoth mount to 2 buyers every week, for a total of 6-7 million gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Maybe just....don't buy it? Its only value is that it offers a relatively useless convenience (seriously, an AH is never more than 30 seconds away with hearthstones/mage portals/etc). There's far better thing you could spend your money on that won't incur unecessary risk for little gain.
    You are right but this guy is probably just a Blizzard employee trying to plant the idea in the forums that this is a good thing to spend your money on. It makes me think that putting a deadline on the purchase of this mount hasn't been as profitable as they thought it would be. Realistically they should just leave it in the game with an inflationary effect on the price each expansion which would still create a sense of urgency and continue making them money.

My take is that the cap exists for a reason, so doing something to circumvent that cap seems like it would go against the intended rules, if not the stated ones.
    There's also the issue that using your friend's account to make a transaction could be seen as a form of account sharing, which is explicitly against the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Open a ticket and get response from a game master. You will be protected in case anything goes wrong.
    But you will be hunted if the game master states that it's against TOS and you still do it.. High risk gamble.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Okay.

Explain how one bunch of pixels is different from another bunch of pixels.
    No, i'm not, because that's not what we are discussing.

We are not talking about "bunches of pixels". You can't arbitrarily take away every specificity from the things you're comparing until they're identical.

What if I said all your posts are the same? After all, they're all just a bunch of bytes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why even go through all of this? Buy 20 tokens this week and the rest of the tokens next week. There no indications that pre-patch will hit this week or next week Al you should have plenty of time to get the tokens.

The US price is the lowest one and there you "only" need 36.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I bought gold from some website back in mid 2019. Then in march this year, I bought a wow token. The day after my account was suspended for 3 days and the gold from the wow token was gone. The reason being that I bought ingame advantages for real life currency or something. So I'm fairly sure that big gold sendouts like that raises some flags. Not saying that that is similar to your case, just that gold trades and transactions are quite monitored.

I'm not sure if getting around a max token purchase cap Blizzard has put in place like that will be okay in such a way. Probably better off making a new account, buy wow on it or add a sub and then buy tokens there.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we all kind of expect a re-skinned version of the longboi to be easily available for everyone the next time any troll-themed content is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Hey everyone. As you know the long-boi is going away soon, so I've been saving up enough real life money to but it with WoW-tokens.

But I can only buy 20 wow tokens in a week.

So my question is, can my friend buy wow tokens on HIS account with MY card, and trade me gold in-game?

I am NOT asking if blizzard can detect it, but I am asking if it's aginst the ToS. Because I don't wanna do anything criminal

Sorry for stupid threat and thanks for the help
    So you are actually worrying about your virtual mount over reality? Imagine buying it then one of those day wow finally shutdown and close everyone accounts for good money wasted and could spend something else better than that.

We got several weeks before prepatch still. Probs best just to buy your 20 tokens this week, 20 next week, and the remaining the following week. As it stands, its 3 weeks till prepatch until they announce the pvp season cut off.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So doing the math and rounding down 20 tokens at 137k is 2.7 million gold a week so you only need 2 weeks to afford the mount. Should be fine without needing to use a work around.

If you really want to use your friend to give you gold then start up a in-game chat with them and ask them for gold to buy the mount. Doing so gives you a paper trail if Blizzard starts asking questions.

My guess.

You're gonna be perfectly fine doing this.

In the extremely odd chance of anything happening, just tell it like it is and you'll be fine.

I'd make sure to have your friend, give you all the gold he buys token for, could look suspicious if you leave him some gold as a fee, or something.
    Also, definitely do not let him buy store mounts and such things and give you his own gold, that could definitely cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I mean you circumvent game mechanics (the limit that is in place for a reason), but then you also hand Blizzard stupid amounts of money for nothing, so they will probably not care too much unless you happen to be stumbled upon by a rare soul with a moral compass..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.