Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    Different thread, different persona probably

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    “but that is see as a last recourse."
    “conservative changes once were live”
    “doing that in a patch in the next tier“

Unless all of these mean something drastically different to you I wouldn’t say that’s any where near a reasonable assumption or even that the timeline was unclear.

But you can lead a horse and all that.
    Look dude, all I'm saying is that the communication could have been clearer. If this were the first time Ion has given us a half-assed answer that later turned out to be not completely true, I'd be a lot more willing to sweep this one incident under the rug. But when this kind of obfuscation (whether intentional or not) is a clear pattern of his communication to the playerbase it's not completely unreasonable to ask for a more direct approach.

no person should be fired for doing something you do not like in a game

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    or there is one, and they still can pull it, they just dont think its necesary, which a lot of people would agree...
    or do you have anything suggesting they didnt have the ripcord in place other than them not pulling it? bcs that means pretty much nothing...

We’ve also heard from many players who, rather than being worried about regretting their choice, would prefer that they not have to choose at all; they have advocated that we offer a way to switch among the various active abilities offered by covenants without friction. But these covenant systems are thoroughly intertwined: Covenant abilities are often modified by covenant-specific conduits and soulbinds; most of those soulbinds in turn are unlocked through covenant-specific narrative campaigns. Granting access to one of these without the others would lead to an incomplete or confusing result. In short, pulling on that thread (or cord, as it were) would unravel the entire fabric of the system. Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view.

This is taken out if their recent big Blue Post.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ge=11#comments

That is them saying there is no ripcord, since the system is too dependent on itself to justify doing what Ion promised us would be a possibility.
    They also clarify that, while it would be possible to work around those obstacles and pull the figurative cord, they are never going to do so.

Reading these things beforehand helps when trying to make an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He never said any thing about easily pulling the rip cord he said it would be a last recourse and the ripcord in question would be them putting in the time to de couple every thing and make them work unliked to covenants which is exactly what they said they would do in his blue post.

There was no lawyer talk there was no weaselling he said what the plan was for the coming months and then in the blue post told us what the plan he already gave looked like in practice.
    In his interview with preach he worded it differently as far as I remember. Much more inclined to reserve this as a legitimate possibility.

And there was a lot of weaseling in all of his player interviews. I think you should rewatch those again and pay attention. There's no point in arguing about this with you, since this is an established fact. The guy is a lawyer for hecks sake, don't try to white knight the dude out of his degree, he worked hard to earn it.
    Last edited by LazuOG; 2020-09-15 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I mean... how did that work with Ghostcrawler? Did anything improve after he left? What makes you think it will this time?
    If I remember right cata went to shit while he was still in office, backtracking on their "get gud" post and everything but I could be wrong I don't remember exactly when he left. He did communicate more though and posted on the forums so he was the fall guy. He still communicates more than anyone else at Blizz with his AmA's even about WoW while he's working at riot that gives a little more insight to how they do things.

Basically no 1 person makes a design decision so its them as a collective doing retarded changes. (we're not counting the true puppet masters, the suits)
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-09-15 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Reading these things beforehand helps when trying to make an argument.
    and actualy understanding would help more, but i see you didnt bother with that...
    bcs from the blue post it seems more like the potential ripcord was different than what players expected (for example allowing changing whole covenants on run like talents not just decoupling it from power) but i guess that wouldnt fit your narrative about "blizz bad"... too bad, you seemed reasonable, but i see i was wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I love how everyone's complaints with Covenants were that there was going to be one path that was the best and everything else would prevent you from getting invites... so they made it so that you can actually switch covenants easily, and now the complaint is that they'll be unbalanced... even though you can switch as you please and they're obviously going to be tuning things to be as close as possible.

Like, seriously, they addressed the complaint and fixed the issue. You can switch covenants all you want. Stop looking for things to complain about.
    They didn’t change anything

The plan was always for swapping to an abandoned covenant to be a multi week thing

The covenants have always been unbalanced and while changing the soulbind system to all have 3 output slots that’s the only change that has happened

The abilities are not going to be balanced at all

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I already had this discussion with you in another thread but it's kind of frustrating to see you continuing to double down on this histrionic version of events. Words have meanings and if there was never an intention to "pull the rip cord" then he shouldn't have said anything about it in the first place. For a guy who is very careful with the words he says it's hard to believe that this was an "on-the-spot" verbal gaffe as I've seen people suggest rather than an intentional attempt to placate portions of the game's community who were (and still are) very concerned with the way Covenants are going to shake out.
    This. There's no way to argue in favour of the way he conducted himself publicly. He was always amiable towards his respective audience, contradicting himself in subtext. And when someone talks in a cryptic and ambiguous manner, subtext is the lions share of information.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't feed the troll.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara