Thread: Anduin's Lies

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anduin's Lies

This quote was said by Il'gynoth at the Emerald Nightmare raid, added in patch 7.0.3:

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

This quote was written in Ogmot's Dream Journal, added in patch 7.3.5:

"Three lies. Da first one been told."

So, the timeline for the first lie is between 7.0.3 and 7.3.5.

One could say that the future tense of Il'gynoth and the past tense of Ogmot's Dream Journal implies that the lie must have been told between 7.1.0 and 7.3.0, because if we stick to patch 7.0.3 and 7.3.5, then we can't say for sure what came first - the lie or their quotes.

Personally, i think the lie that has been told by Anduin, during this timeline, has been this one:

in it, he says: "My Fathe...[Pause] *conflicted look on his face*...King Varian Wrynn". Which indicates he might be either lying or grieving. In the novel War Crimes, Garrosh compares Anduin to Arthas Menethil. His appearance does resemble the prince. And with Chronicle volume 3 portraying Arthas and Jaina having a relationship, it might be revealed that he's their son.

The fact that he paused after saying "My Father", and then chose to call him by his name, may suggest that he has changed his mind during the sentence, feeling that he has slipped something that he shouldn't have said.

Since the video was posted on January 18th, 2018, that would put it in the timeline of patch 7.3.5, which was added on January 16th, 2018.

Another lie would be this one, from The Traitor King pamphlet:

"You have heard stories that the so-called 'Forsaken' were killed by the Banshee. FALSE. There was no massacre. But Anduin wants you to believe there was."

As the meeting took place in the novel Before the Storm, which takes place between the events of Shadows of Argus (patch 7.3.0) and before the Burning of Teldrassil (patch 8.0.1), this fits the timeline of the first lie.

But, that's an obvious Scarlet Crusade Propaganda. They also claim that Anduin conspired with Sylvanas to forge a pact between humans and undead, that the meeting was a staged event, and that Sylvanas is Anduin's lover and that she killed Calia and raised her as an undead on his behalf. They believe he wants to marry Calia and ensure his claim to Lordaeron's throne.

The reason i put it here, even though it's an obvious demagogy, is because of another quote being quite obvious:

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

This quote was also said by Il'gynoth, at the Emerald Nightmare raid, in patch 7.0.3.

When she visits the Valley of Heroes, along with Turalyon, Alleria Windrunner says:
    "Sometimes I feel that I have already died twice. Once when we were presumed lost on Draenor, and again when gripped by the shadow of the fallen naaru."

This quote is way too specific, random and not vague. So, it means that when Blizzard puts texts in the game, they probably mean something, and are not just random-ass blabber.

Now, we recently learned that the Void seeks every possible path and sees them all as truth. Which would mean that Anduin's lies are a possibility that might or might not have come to pass.

Plus, the recent addition of the text book "Enemy Infiltration - Preface" tells us that:

"The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst."

Which, would mean that the prophecies told by the Void's servants, such as Il'gynoth and N'zoth, could be nothing but lies, sowed by the Nathrezim in the Void's midst.

What do you guys think? are Anduin's lies simply a possibility seen by the Void, a lie that was spread among them by the Nathrezim, or an actual truth that would come to pass?

Personally, i think that Anduin's lies being not true is kinda boring. It kills the enthusiasm of speculating.

But, if it's actually true, then what do you guys think the first lie could have been? I remind you that it must have been told in-between patch 7.0.3 and 7.3.5.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-02-26 at 05:50 PM.

On the first one, noteworthy, and we're clearly supposed to see parallels between Anduin and Arthas (I still maintain that one cutscene where he's ascending the ruined tower IS using Arthas's updated model) I don't think he's Arthas's son. They've made too much of a point to hammer in the similarities between him and Varian. Talking to his father's spirit, taking up his sword, he's Varian's son, it's the core of his character.

And we know the Scarlet Propaganda is false because Before The Storm exists. Sylvanas murdered her own people who were fleeing to the Alliance. Sylvanas murdered her own people who fled to her waiting arms immediately on command out of paranoia. Sylvanas murdered Elsie Benton who was shepherding the other forsaken towards Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    That is a lot of reading into a pause in a sentence. Anduin did not see Varian as "King of Stormwind" or "King Varian", but rather has his father. So, he corrected himself when speaking informally about his father, to a more formal tone.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    On the first one, noteworthy, and we're clearly supposed to see parallels between Anduin and Arthas (I still maintain that one cutscene where he's ascending the ruined tower IS using Arthas's updated model) I don't think he's Arthas's son. They've made too much of a point to hammer in the similarities between him and Varian. Talking to his father's spirit, taking up his sword, he's Varian's son, it's the core of his character.

And we know the Scarlet Propaganda is false because Before The Storm exists. Sylvanas murdered her own people who were fleeing to the Alliance. Sylvanas murdered her own people who fled to her waiting arms immediately on command out of paranoia. Sylvanas murdered Elsie Benton who was shepherding the other forsaken towards Sylvanas.
    I don't think this has any bearing on whether or not Varian is his genetic father or not, it just means that Varian is his symbolic and "actual" father regardless of who actually he descended from.

See the entire plotline from Guardians of the Galaxy 2. He might be your father, but he ain't yo daddy. Same kind of thing.

I can absolutely see them revealing that Arthas is Anduin's biological father but Varian is his "true" father because he raised him and supported him.

Holy head canon batman.

Despite Old God whispers being marketed as vague or mysterious they are pretty accurate. They do not lie. At all.

In fact, they are very specific. If we do not have an exact answer to them in-game yet then that is because it is not in the game YET.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's shocking to me that people still take what some random evil tree said as fact.

Tiffin Wrynn was blonde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It's shocking to me that people still take what some random evil tree said as fact.

Some of bad tree man's riddles have come true doe.

I think too many people read to much into those quotes, as cryptic and cool they might appear initially.
    For the simple reason that those which came true, simply failed to deliver any payoff.

Take "King of diamonds has been made a pawn" - okay, Magni told us to empower the Heart which then Azshara used during the fight to break N'zoths chains.
    That's it, Magni wasn't actually listening to N'zoth, it's just that Azshara / N'zoth managed to use the empowered Heart of Azeroth for their own ends, calling Magni a "Pawn" in this context is stretching the term a bit in my opinion.

Or "To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars".
    We found N'zoth, near Azshara's Eternal Palace, Azshara just called that particular place the "Circle of Stars" (for some reason).
    That's all, all that speculation about the Maelstrom just false.

Lastly, "The veil wanes, his crown will open the way".
    Sylvanas destroying the Helm of Domination created a rift between the Shadowlands and Azeroth, again, that's all there is to it.

Those super cryptic quotes make no sense until Blizzard suddenly hits you with a bat so that their actual meaning is obvious to everyone, which kinda ruins them.

Like the recent dreadlord reveal, the whole "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one", huuza, here's a book that basically has "Dreadlord" written all over it without mentioning them and tells you whom they serve and what the six masters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Tiffin Wrynn was blonde.
    Blonde-haired children from a dark-haired father and a blonde mother? Where have I heard this from before?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows if it's even Anduin at all. Everyone is fixated on the obvious boy king thing, but maybe it's meant to be misleading.

For all you know it might be the fresh Lich King too or something else.

Heck, there was already a buzz in past it was actually the new Lich King because of free from throne reference and serving at the master's table could be his ties to Death. Finally the lies might not be real lies, but incorrect assumptions.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-15 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Blonde-haired children from a dark-haired father and a blonde mother? Where have I heard this from before?...
    Most people get their hair from the mothers side of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Probably a lot of places, because that's normal. Two blonde parents having a black-haired child is what should raise suspicions.

I don't see why people keep getting so confused about this.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-09-15 at 09:50 PM.

Imagine having access to the world biggest free data-bases and still not knowing how the genetics work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calia's son if they still have that turn out to exist is technically a boy-king.

So is Moira's son.

Much more fun to think about those.

Anduin would have been born fifteen years after the Dark Portal, based on BfA happening in the Year 33 and Anduin's being eighteen years of age at that time. This would be five years before the events of WC3, where Arthas and Jaina seemed happy to see one another but not particularly romantic. If they had some child in secret that they for some reason shipped off to Stormwind, I'm sure there would have been some oddity to their exchanges. And there's no real indication as to why they would perform such an action; Arthas was beloved of his land, as was Jaina with hers, and a marriage between their families would be a great thing for the Alliance. It's possible that this happened, but it seems very unlikely given that the only evidence is that Anduin is blond.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2020-09-15 at 11:05 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeryc View Post
    Calia's son if they still have that turn out to exist is technically a boy-king.

So is Moira's son.

Much more fun to think about those.
    Figured Calia's child is Taelia with Bolvar.

He's clearly a bottle blond too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Figured Calia's child is Taelia with Bolvar.
    Warrior Queen Taelia