Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not against the ToS, i don't see why. But be careful trading huge amounts of gold between accounts, may ring a bell and cause an unnecessary ban.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Chances are that if you have to ask the answer is yes.

20 tokens is 3.5 miljon just wait 1reset lol

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You are right but this guy is probably just a Blizzard employee trying to plant the idea in the forums that this is a good thing to spend your money on. It makes me think that putting a deadline on the purchase of this mount hasn't been as profitable as they thought it would be. Realistically they should just leave it in the game with an inflationary effect on the price each expansion which would still create a sense of urgency and continue making them money.
    What the heck kind of tin foil hat nonsense is this? Why on earth would a blizzard employee ask about how to circumvent the limitations they themselves implemented? Yikes dude.

OP: I wouldn't risk the chance this gets flagged as some fraud or scam attempt by their system. Just get your friend to buy the gold and pay him back via some email money transfer or something.

Also as other have pointed out, if you are looking for the ah functionality there are other(cheaper) ways of getting that that are almost as good. Like a bank alt sat in hub city and the mailbox toy.

If you just want the mount for the mount. God speed I guess?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    The FBI and swat are probably preparing to storm you right now just for suggesting it.

Its probably "technically" against tos , who knows, no one reads that shit, but you would get away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like fine.

Trading gold between 2 accounts is not against TOS and Blizz won't ban over one off activity. You have people trading millions for CE/carries and shit and I highly doubt Blizz cares too much about Credit Card thing unless it's a fraud or chargeback.

I mean, you could also just give that guy $$ in person or send through some pay app to be completely in the clear.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-15 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    My suggestion would be to not do this without specifically clearing it with Blizz first.
    Also don't clear it with a GM in game, use the customer service tools on battle.net so you have a paper trail of them saying it's fine to do
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Your fine anyone who thinks your gonna get banned is a moron.

Your not gonna flag anything. Your not setting off the nuke alarm in blizzards headquarters.

Any horror story about getting banned like that is bs from people who bought gold from some chinese site trying to make it seem legit.

Use official channels and through blizzard you will be fine.
    Yeah...because Blizzard totally wouldn't get upset about someone circumventing a system they put in. I think you just want someone to get banned and laugh when they come back and complain

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    Yes it is a violation of TOS.
    Link the part of the TOS it breaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The other player is buying the gold from the official legal source with the money he got from OP.
    Read that again, but slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    That's a ludicrous "if". No one, and I mean NO ONE, gets the same enjoyment from a novelty item as they would from the ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME. Shove off with that nonsense.

"What if someone was willing to pay for a single pepperoni what they'd normally pay for an entire pizza? I mean maybe they both give the same enjoyment right?!" #fail
    That is a bold statement to make. People enjoy different things. What is nonsense is to judge people by our own standards. Using WoW as an example, I know people willing to spend $000 dollars on a top spec machine while others can get by with a potato spec. To some, a top-end graphic cards is essential while others it is a luxury item. Do you need a top end graphics cards to play WoW? No. Who am I to judge others?

As for your example, that depends on quality of the pepperoni, doesn't it?

The large majority of whales in video games don't actually have that sort of expendable income and are just putting themselves into massive debt

Don’t know if anyone else has pointed this out, but this feels like a bit of a troll post. Assuming the 29th for prepatch - the op has two weekly lockouts in which to buy 20 tokens each. 40 tokens at around 120k comes out to 4.8M. Now really, if the op doesn’t already have the 200k on one or disbursed among multiple toons - no - blizzard won’t really bat at an eye at one toon trading 200k to another toon if they are in guild or on each other’s friend list for a long time.

For the love of god, please dont spend this much money on a wow mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    Hey everyone. As you know the long-boi is going away soon, so I've been saving up enough real life money to but it with WoW-tokens.

But I can only buy 20 wow tokens in a week.

So my question is, can my friend buy wow tokens on HIS account with MY card, and trade me gold in-game?

I am NOT asking if blizzard can detect it, but I am asking if it's aginst the ToS. Because I don't wanna do anything criminal

Sorry for stupid threat and thanks for the help
    You're spending $400 a week, on wow tokens??

Also, LOL! Violating a ToS agreement doesn't make you a "criminal". Lmao! Pansy.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

If you're worried about getting banned just boost a druid to 120 and bot 24/7 until prepatch, that way you won't get banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I bought the last few Tokens on my friends account with my Credit card, and he traded me the gold. I have the long-boi now.

Thanks for all the advice and discussion. Doubt I'll get banned.

And to anyone not understanding why I would waste so much real-life money on a mount. IDK I Simply always wanted that AH mount and this was my one chance I had to get it

I don't see why this would be an issue at all. I mean even if you had your own secondary battlement account I don't think there's any issue

Back in the day like WOTLK time our Guild Leader was paying for like half the guys subs in our guild they gave him like 20K gold In game and he paid their subs this was way before the tokens. He talked with a Dev and actually OK'ed this activity, I honestly think they got the idea from my old GM for the Token system.

well im on eu and they are 185 today so