Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    Seems rather late for anything, but I think we've had builds around this time before.

EDIT: oh shit ptr background download is up
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-09-16 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Er, what? That's contradictory. If they were supposed to be treated like that, the restrictions would make no sense. They exist specificially because Covenants are not meant to be treated the same way.
    Exactly . He even said its suppose to be like a subclass. Ppl might prefer a fae knight over a vamp knight but they might also prefer arcane over fire. Or a hunter over a mage.

But like if your subclass is weak on aoe u can just change talents to do more aoe. Most criticisms ignore intent of the system and synergy with other systems
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, that would also be terrible. Already they are pushing the limits with Kael redemption.
    Kael and Garrosh are on the Same level imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Kael and Garrosh are on the Same level imo.
    One could argue Kael went crazy from consuming too much Fel so we shouldn't judge him too harshly. Blizzard specifically mention that Garrosh controlled the Sha's power, meaning he did everything while sane.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Seems rather late for anything, but I think we've had builds around this time before.

EDIT: oh shit ptr background download is up
    So Pre patch hitting 22nd or 29th!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch is ready for download.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So pre-patch next week or pre-patch on the 29th?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hold your horses, 8.0 prepatch was available to download 3 weeks before. Still of course 29th is most likely date.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Islands are still current expansion content. They won't be making them soloable before next expansion launches.
    Soloing them should be enabled after Shadowlands though.
    I dont care about them, but I ubderstand now that there are still people doing them for the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    One could argue Kael went crazy from consuming too much Fel so we shouldn't judge him too harshly. Blizzard specifically mention that Garrosh controlled the Sha's power, meaning he did everything while sane.
    The worst stuff he did happened long before tempest keep or magisters terrance. I think the issue is that only souls that cant ever be fixed go to the maw. It doesnt matter if u murdered a trillion ppl, if it takes 2 million years to fix your soul it just means u will be fixed after more work that other souls.

Imo the idea of "you burn for eternity due to the actions of a few years" needs to die in literature.we are talking eternity here. A single kyrian could help trillions through the actions of helping millions. Each soul they help, sheperd whatever will help other souls forever . Its a waste to get rid of an eon of pote tial good cus a soul did some effed up stuff in another dimension before they were even born (since the sl denezins see mortals death as the beginning of their Real life)

No offense to anyone specific but i think to many opinions are heavily influenced by the western concept of heaven and hell. Even non religious folk often like the concept of such places due to religions influence.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Next week patch most likely. Historically other than the BFA mishap, background download always became available one week before the patch hits as far as I recall.

Apparently the glow effects have been removed from all the non-Mythic Nathria raid gear, so we're still keeping the Mythic-exclusives.
    Was hoping for more transmog color options to mix and match, but nope, and no reason to farm anything for me until the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Apparently the glow effects have been removed from all the non-Mythic Nathria raid gear, so we're still keeping the Mythic-exclusives.
    Was hoping for more transmog color options to mix and match, but nope, and no reason to farm anything for me until the next expansion.

Luckily they're not as drastic as BFA's non-mythic vs mythic. The Dazalor sets are just terrible if you're not using the mythic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Luckily they're not as drastic as BFA's non-mythic vs mythic. The Dazalor sets are just terrible if you're not using the mythic version.
    BfA was very weirdly stingy with making its nonw mythic sets look good. The non mythic Eternal palace mail set did not have any 3D elements outside the belt.

While it would probably be too much work it is still a bit sad ot think that the one time Blizzard really made probably the perfect raid sets was back in the first tier of WoD where each class got a really thematically strong set based on the Iron Horde and also got really distinct mythic and non-mythic sets.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-09-16 at 08:31 AM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Exactly . He even said its suppose to be like a subclass. Ppl might prefer a fae knight over a vamp knight but they might also prefer arcane over fire. Or a hunter over a mage.

But like if your subclass is weak on aoe u can just change talents to do more aoe. Most criticisms ignore intent of the system and synergy with other systems
    What are these synergies? They simply do not exist. Every covenant has 1 soulbind that has a single talent that interacts with the class ability which adds a generic stat buff, everything else is entirely generic. The other is a single conduit for each ability that could easily be merged into one general one, as all it does is unlock the rest of the power of that ability. If your ST ability doesn't help with AoE then there is simply no way to compensate that, because the soulbinds aren't even class specific. The other guy can just pick the aoe talents as well, because they simply can't be balanced to compensate, everything a covenant brings needs to be balanced for all 12 classes and the theme of the abilities varies widely between classes. For Venthyr Warrior is a ST execute at high percentage health levels, DK is a an AoE that comes with evasion and RP generation gimmik. How could they ever balance these without giving vamp warriors too much ST or vamp DKs too much AoE? The answer is they can't with the current systems they have in place.

Another systems engineering failure in the making.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    So Pre patch hitting 22nd or 29th!!
    No 2 week notice last week, no patch on the 22nd.
    Even the 29th is getting quickly ruled out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No 2 week notice last week, no patch on the 22nd.
    Even the 29th is getting quickly ruled out.
    The 2-week notice has never been exactly on the dot though, and with the last Afterlives short tomorrow Blizzard might be waiting until after that one to announce it.
    Or they could announce it tonight.

Or it could simply not be mentioned, or better yet, the end of rewards message was meant as the 2-week notice, a 4-week pre-patch is still highly likely.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want this expansion to end asap so hope for 22 Sep pre-patch.

Just some heads up for people looking to level allied races.

Yes, leveling alts in 9.0 is super fast, but what I don't see mentioned often is that you don't get flying until level 30, and you don't get master flying until level 40. This is a pain in the arse to put it mildly, but if you're just after allied race transmogs, as mentioned by many folks, you should be making a DK to give yourself that big level boost. But I'd go one step further than that & say GET LEVEL 70 & BUY 280% FLYING! Even though level 70 translates to level 27.99 on the beta, if you have 280% flying already, your character will still have it in 9.0.

It's a few hours of dungeons on a freshly made DK to offset hours of leveling without flying. 9.0 leveling is pretty damn fast, but why make it take any longer than it needs to Get flying & it'll fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Just some heads up for people looking to level allied races.

Yes, leveling alts in 9.0 is super fast, but what I don't see mentioned often is that you don't get flying until level 30, and you don't get master flying until level 40. This is a pain in the arse to put it mildly, but if you're just after allied race transmogs, as mentioned by many folks, you should be making a DK to give yourself that big level boost. But I'd go one step further than that & say GET LEVEL 70 & BUY 280% FLYING! Even though level 70 translates to level 27.99 on the beta, if you have 280% flying already, your character will still have it in 9.0.

It's a few hours of dungeons on a freshly made DK to offset hours of leveling without flying. 9.0 leveling is pretty damn fast, but why make it take any longer than it needs to Get flying & it'll fly by.
    Is a premade DK even going to be eligible for the transmog? I feel like the old ones still being exempt from getting the transmog is something that might carry over.