Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Thing about TBC is that people still sucked in terms of knowing the game (me included). Going into Kara at 70, our raid group would barely have 500-800 DPS per person. Once geared in T4-T5, normal DPS was 1000-1.2k and things were dying. Eventually in all T5 with some T6, you would see 1.5-2k numbers. Compared to Vanilla, 800 DPS was godlike and once in Naxx some people were able to hit 1.2-1.5k, but thats it (reference the Fury Warrior Decimator video from 2006 hitting 1.3k on Patchwerk). With the META/min-max culture, you are going to see between 2-3K dps pre-Sunwell. This means things are going to melt. Looking at the TBC private meta of drums, things are going to die quickly just as Classic WoW showed it. It won't be until Classic Wrath, where you will see Hard Modes hurting guilds (except the top ones). Things will die faster there, but the more challenging encounters will hurt a lot of guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedo View Post
    Thing about TBC is that people still sucked in terms of knowing the game (me included). Going into Kara at 70, our raid group would barely have 500-800 DPS per person. Once geared in T4-T5, normal DPS was 1000-1.2k and things were dying. Eventually in all T5 with some T6, you would see 1.5-2k numbers. Compared to Vanilla, 800 DPS was godlike and once in Naxx some people were able to hit 1.2-1.5k, but thats it (reference the Fury Warrior Decimator video from 2006 hitting 1.3k on Patchwerk). With the META/min-max culture, you are going to see between 2-3K dps pre-Sunwell. This means things are going to melt. Looking at the TBC private meta of drums, things are going to die quickly just as Classic WoW showed it. It won't be until Classic Wrath, where you will see Hard Modes hurting guilds (except the top ones). Things will die faster there, but the more challenging encounters will hurt a lot of guilds.
    3k pre-Sunwell is pretty hard to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    490 isn't that much my dude I have a set now with zero t3 and its 430, throwing on a ring or trinket isn't going to be that much of a challenge, so you might need to get a couple of items from one or two heroics, which you'll need to do to get the key anyway.

a full t3 set is sitting at somewhere in the 460 defence range, if you squeeze every ounce of defence from classic, with talents in prot you could get it to 470. in classic its only 10 but in bc its 20 so, you'd be at 480 maybe.
    Doesn't stats go down as you level up? So 430 Def isn't going to be the same, TBC had more +def than vanilla gear?
    Getting to 490 in vanilla gear will lack some stam also, i remember shit hitting hard in heroics as i use to tank and heal back then.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    One mans horror is another mans "journey". It was certainly more involved though, no doubt.
    Just wait for your guild to get the attunements on farm and profit from their hard work lmao, that is probably the exact reason they got rid of them most people just waited for their guilds to attune them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Doesn't stats go down as you level up? So 430 Def isn't going to be the same, TBC had more +def than vanilla gear?
    Getting to 490 in vanilla gear will lack some stam also, i remember shit hitting hard in heroics as i use to tank and heal back then.
    I healed, but the fact is that t3 is likely going to be better than all of the dungeon blue gear especially if its enchanted. I don't remember when stats turned to rating I don't think it was right at the start. you gain stats when you level up, at 60 if your base defence is 300, at 70 its 350, so you effectively need less defence to reach 490 at 70 than you would at 60. at 60 you don't need to be defence capped. at least its proving to be that way. if you want to run def capped in vanilla you'll have like 5% hit probably less. you can't get def capped in pre-naxx gear and maintain 9% hit rating, the gear just doesn't exist. in full t2 with styleens/onyblood I have about 411 defence (the proc from quel serrar can bring that to 424) but I don't have the talent that gives you 10 defence. so in total in full t2 with the quel serrar proc and talents in defence, 434. with 440 being def cap in vanilla. i could throw on some rings, a cloak with defense but the more you stack defence the less hit you have. with 411 defence I have exactly 6% hit, 3% undercap. I get most of my hit from my rings/ranged/cloak you could perhaps get over 440 without much issue but you would have basically no hit at all.

some t3 will likely be worth using all the way, 2pt of druid t3 for example restores rage/energy/mana from rejuvenation ticks to the target, this is OP and a dps increase on any warrior/rogue that it procs on. and you could probably use that set bonus throughout tbc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-16 at 09:03 AM.

it was quite grindy orginally because you had to get exalted with various factions to unlock heroics (buy the keys) they did lower this requirement at some point.
    It was revered at start and later lowered to honored

i think you'll find it was exalted and lowered to revered. I don't know what it will be if they do it again. but it was a grind. to just buy the keys to do heroics. you couldn't just go do them without farming reputation at 70.

even if it is revered, you'll likely get to exalted from grinding heroics. i'm sure there was that thing with the tabards you could wear a tabard and get rep for another faction. I vaguely remember getting some use from that feature.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-16 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    flashbacks man - Saturday gruul pugs were the best.
    Saturday Gruul pug and dragonspine trophy dramas <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Saturday Gruul pug and dragonspine trophy dramas <3
    I won mine in a pug - and the RL who rolled as well came second. Was surprised he actually gave it to me tbh. That was the sweetest drama to watch.

i think you'll find it was exalted and lowered to revered. I don't know what it will be if they do it again. but it was a grind. to just buy the keys to do heroics. you couldn't just go do them without farming reputation at 70.

even if it is revered, you'll likely get to exalted from grinding heroics. i'm sure there was that thing with the tabards you could wear a tabard and get rep for another faction. I vaguely remember getting some use from that feature.
    I remember it was revered at start and lowered to honored. Also from 2.3.0 Patch notes say: The Requirement for Heroic Keys has been lowered to honored.
    Also reputation from tabards wasn't thing until WotLK.

Nevertheless getting into revered won't be that big deal. You'll get almost to revered while leveling for every faction (except Lower City) and youll have to farm few thousand more rep for each faction. Normal clear gives you 1-2k depending on instance for that faction and you can spam fast and easy normals nonstop. It takes like 1 day to get everything revered after you ding to 70 excluding Lower City.

Remember how easy bm hunter was and how high damage it got for it..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Mousewheel all in one-macro never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    And where's the Problem with it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Mousewheel all in one-macro never forget.
    I really hope they somehow change this to not work, I'll be bored out of my mind spamming 1 button for a whole expac.