Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will pre-patch bring a gear catch up, or will it just be what we have now?

Hi guys

Im levelling alts and I was wondering if they are introducing a quicker (read; lazier) method of gearing alts towards Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Calino View Post
    Hi guys

Im levelling alts and I was wondering if they are introducing a quicker (read; lazier) method of gearing alts towards Shadowlands?
    Yes, they are. Heroic Nyalotha level gear if i am not mistaken that you get from doing dailies in Icecrown

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be gear rewards from the pre-patch events but from what I've seen they're all around 445, so it's nothing to rival M+ or even HC raid gear.

Yeah, last time I checked it was on the level of emissary rewards. So only relevant for characters that aren't played at all .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Sounds good

Thank you for your replies, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Yes, they are. Heroic Nyalotha level gear if i am not mistaken that you get from doing dailies in Icecrown
    I think it' actually around Normal Nyalotha

Also you get a weapon from killing Nathanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get a chance at such catch up gear from the mini bosses in Icecrown, which spawn every 15 or 20 minutes. They're ilvl 100 and I don't really know what that equates to in BFA ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You can get a chance at such catch up gear from the mini bosses in Icecrown, which spawn every 15 or 20 minutes. They're ilvl 100 and I don't really know what that equates to in BFA ilvl
    Ilvl 100 in the beta is matching 445 ilvl gear currently. This means the catchup gear caps at what the current emissary quests do, so any alts that are basically untouched might see some benefit from this but any character you've even just been casually doing emissaries/invasions and occasional visions/gear WQs on will probably not see much benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Ilvl 100 in the beta is matching 445 ilvl gear currently. This means the catchup gear caps at what the current emissary quests do, so any alts that are basically untouched might see some benefit from this but any character you've even just been casually doing emissaries/invasions and occasional visions/gear WQs on will probably not see much benefit.
    There is no need to get above ilvl 100 though Even mythic N Gear is only 120 and you gear up to ilvl 150+ for random heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    There is no need to get above ilvl 100 though Even mythic N Gear is only 120 and you gear up to ilvl 150+ for random heroics.

Big advantage is for alts that can level and gear up doing that stuff. So no need to level right now, leveling will be easy during prepatch event.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Big advantage is for alts that can level and gear up doing that stuff. So no need to level right now, leveling will be easy during prepatch event.
    Nya Mythic is 130/140 depending on the boss. Thanks to sockets, leveling on beta results in not really replacing anything until 59/60, which is nice.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So for fresh 120.. I mean 50:
    - weapon from Nathanos
    - regular gear from Icecrown vendor.

Do we have any reliable source for neck/rings/trinkets or we have to fish them in world quests? Especially neck since I dont think we get HoA in post 9.0 world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So for fresh 120.. I mean 50:
    - weapon from Nathanos
    - regular gear from Icecrown vendor.

Do we have any reliable source for neck/rings/trinkets or we have to fish them in world quests? Especially neck since I dont think we get HoA in post 9.0 world.
    You should get your HoA once you hit lvl 50 ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Nya Mythic is 130/140 depending on the boss. Thanks to sockets, leveling on beta results in not really replacing anything until 59/60, which is nice.
    personally i would rather mythic gear became obsolete earlier. Gearing up while levelling is actually fun and interesting, and a bit of a shame that every time i level an expac i dont think about any of the loot and just power to max lvl. I would rather have that progress as i level. And no, I'm not just gonna delete my gear for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    personally i would rather mythic gear became obsolete earlier. Gearing up while levelling is actually fun and interesting, and a bit of a shame that every time i level an expac i dont think about any of the loot and just power to max lvl. I would rather have that progress as i level. And no, I'm not just gonna delete my gear for the sake of it.
    I understand your point of view, but it's not something I'd want myself. I'd much rather blast through leveling with AAP & a giga-geared character just to get it over & done with.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I understand your point of view, but it's not something I'd want myself. I'd much rather blast through leveling with AAP & a giga-geared character just to get it over & done with.
    I'm not gonna lose sleep over it just i find the feeling of getting an upgrade helps keep my spirits up while doing the most boring thing in an MMO imaginable XD

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it just i find the feeling of getting an upgrade helps keep my spirits up while doing the most boring thing in an MMO imaginable XD
    I get you. It's the same reason I want to get it over & done with ASAP

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face

I actually find expansion release night to be the best part of WoW and I do lose sleep over it (as I play all night! )

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I actually find expansion release night to be the best part of WoW and I do lose sleep over it (as I play all night! )
    I agree, it's exciting. Just once you are exhausted and have that big sleep and wake up, it becomes grindy and a bit of gearing up along the way can really refresh spirits a bit.

Mostly curious how accessible BfA endgame content will be with the Shadowlands tuning.