Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So in otherwords, not gone for good at all
    He's Schrödinger's Gone. Both gone and not gone. Until Blizzard says so at least
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    The Maw is supposed to be a prison for those who are irredeemable. In the real world we have prisons in order to lock dangerous people away, to punish them, and to find out if they can be rehabilitated and let back into society. This is one of the reasons why many people are against the death penalty. Because it robs people of the chance to redeem themselves.

But the souls in the Maw are deemed irredeemable. So why do they need the Maw, if the souls could just be destroyed?
    The Maw exists to torture the most unredeemable, most vile souls. That's why it exists. Just for an eternity of torture. Revendreth I believe is almost like the Maw in terms of principles, but one caveat is that in Revendreth I believe the soul does basically community service for a redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    The Maw exists to torture the most unredeemable, most vile souls. That's why it exists.
    I've asked before, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    I've asked before, why bother?
    And i've asked you before:

Any civilized society doesnt kill people because its the most convenient thing to do.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

The Maw is when the covenants are too lazy to do their job properly if the Kyrian afterlife has shown us anything.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Any civilized society doesnt kill people because its the most convenient thing to do.
    souls aren't people and their civilized society revolves around death, torture and judgement.

They dont torture them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    He's Schrödinger's Gone. Both gone and not gone. Until Blizzard says so at least
    Writers have a saying "If there is no corpse, then the character isn't dead". The saying exists to mock terrible writing. This is because horrible writers have this penchant for finding a way to bring back characters if there is no body. Good writers will actually go out of their way to make sure there is a corpse (often a mangled corpse) to protect the integrity of their story so the next writer doesn't come along and undo it.

WoW lore is so terrible that not even death is death, and now we even question if dying in the land of the dead is death.

This is arguably the worst writing I've ever seen. And decent writer would laugh at it.

Its like the writing of a 12 year old. In the moment, its cool to say "We can bring Arthas back! Or Kael'thas! Or anyone!" But in future xpacs, no killing of a boss will feel good, because we know they can come back. No story has any meaning, because the dead never stay dead. You won't notice it yet, but you will eventually. ALL story integrity is now completely and utterly destroyed.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-09-16 at 03:42 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

souls aren't people and their civilized society revolves around death, torture and judgement.
    what exactly would be the difference?

And so does ours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They dont torture them either.
    Its interesting, last time i argumented against you, you scurried off. Why are you engaging me again? Why should i bother answering you when you just drop comments and /flee as soon as you cant argue anymore?

Anyway its sweet that you think torture doesnt exist in western society

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    All mortal souls go to the Shadowlands, timelines or otherwise.
    What about Demons, Elementals etc. ? Are they immortal souls?
    And shouldn't the Shadowlands not been filled to the brim with Dreanei with all of their planets being destroyed? Shouldn't there be all kind of alien races from all the other planets the Legion destroyed be present?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Why kill them when you can torture them for all eternity.
    Because they can die so they will die at some point. That makes the tortue before that pointless. Shadowlands seems just like a second life before you die your real death.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    What about Demons, Elementals etc. ? Are they immortal souls?
    And shouldn't the Shadowlands not been filled to the brim with Dreanei with all of their planets being destroyed? Shouldn't there be all kind of alien races from all the other planets the Legion destroyed be present?
    Demons and Elementals are "immortal" until they are killed into their "Plane", either the Twisting Nether or the Elemental Plane. They don't go to the Shadowlands.
    Mortals when they go to the Shadowlands have the choice of the form they take. It's a way of introducing characters from different worlds without having to design completely new races.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Because they can die so they will die at some point. That makes the tortue before that pointless. Shadowlands seems just like a second life before you die your real death.
    Until you go to the shadowestlands.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Anyway its sweet that you think torture doesnt exist in western society
    For the sake of it? No.

what exactly would be the difference?

And so does ours.
    No, despite what you think, our society doesn't revolve around death and torture.

That's the difference. Perhaps you just have a twisted perspective, but if that is how you see things then yeah you're living in your own little Shadowlands. Power to you.

For the sake of it? No.
    Ah we are moving goalposts now while ignoring half the post :P

- - - Updated - - -

No, despite what you think, our society doesn't revolve around death and torture.
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

I'l rephrase my question. What difference, in this context, does it make being a soul vs being a person?

Also just because i like poking fun in peoples logic, i'd love to see you explain how i'm "living in my own little shadowlands" and how i "have a twisted perspective".

Also just because i like poking fun in peoples logic, i'd love to see you explain how i'm "living in my own little shadowlands" and how i "have a twisted perspective".
    By believing that our society revolves around death and torture.

We can agree to disagree but it doesn't mean your worldview isn't twisted. Our society doesn't revolve around death and torture in the same way that the Shadowlands depicts the societies within and how they are treating souls.

If you are saying there's no difference because our own society is cruel and uncaring and treats people unfairly, then you can absolutely have that world view. It's just one that conveniently ignores the morality that our society is built upon in order to say 'what's the difference?'. Our own society's imperfection to adhering to moral integrity is not the same as the complete absence of morality as shown in the Shadowlands.

The difference is the moral structures that both societies are based on. Namely that what has been depicted in the Shadowlands doesn't seem to value 'people' the same as we do in a moral sense. Each of the Afterlives cinematics have shown each of the factions ignoring what we consider moral. Those who hold onto morals in the Shadowlands are in the minority and are considered outliers. That is the opposite of our society, where we hold ourselves to a moral standard and stuff like torture and unjust death are considered taboo.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-09-16 at 05:51 PM.

Because we put irredeemable people to jail for eternity. This is a normal practise in Europe.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Because we put irredeemable people to jail for eternity. This is a normal practise in Europe.
    Slightly overblowing the life sentence there, buddy. Also, we dont torture them 24/7. That would get expensive really fast.

By believing that our society revolves around death and torture.

We can agree to disagree but it doesn't mean your worldview isn't twisted. Our society doesn't revolve around death and torture in the same way that the Shadowlands depicts the societies within and how they are treating souls.

If you are saying there's no difference because society is cruel and uncaring and treats souls unfairly just like people, then you can absolutely have that world view, but it's one that conveniently ignores the morality that our society is built upon in order to say 'what's the difference?'.

The difference is the moral structures that both societies are based on. Namely that the Shadowlands doesn't seem to value 'people' the same as we do in a moral sense.
    There are two things that are certain in this life - one of them being death. We celebrate death, we mourn death, we fear death. Being able to deal death is one of the biggest powers on our planet. We have entire countries who are run by religions that are made because of, and to explain, death.

Now try and counter argue that.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly overblowing the life sentence there, buddy. Also, we dont torture them 24/7. That would get expensive really fast.
    Depends on your idea of torture.

Depends on your idea of torture.
    If we compare it with the topic (i.e. the Maw), breaking their bones forever as one example.