Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Didn't they send an email yesterday that it was your "last chance" to get your BFA stuff done?

I think that might be our 2 week notice.
    I would expect an actual announcement tomorrow after the last Afterlives

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    To be fair, I think they were good during WotLK

What are the problems with MM? I haven't paid much attention to the other classes.

Do those problems carry over to SV and BM as well?
    The spec is built in such a way that the better you play it the less important talents become. Two of the talent rows are dead picks simply because one buffs ST and AoE and the two others are likely DPS losses to use.

The biggest reason it needs a revamp though is that while it plays alright at low levels, higher levels, or worse, the conduits and legendaries of SL causes the rotation to pretty much remove the only proc the spec has, which could be the intended rotation, but still feels awful, not to mention pretty much kills all conduits and talent choices buffing it.

In short my main gripe with the spec is that the obvious rotation feels unintended, like I am playing it completely wrong.
    When a spec gives you a single proc to tide you over I feel it is bad practice to actively discourage you from using it, and instead letting it go to waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I see what your complaints are but I just don't find them nearly as damaging as you put it. I'm not really ignorant to what you are saying I just seem to feel differently. I think IMO the talent system needs adjusting everywhere, its been the same for like what? Since Wodish maybe?
    It isnt like the spec is unplayable, you can play it more or less similar to how you play it in BfA and it will function fine, the problem is just that it doesnt feel well thought out at all.
    If nothing else I just want good talents to choose from, and not have half the talent tree be filled with horrible options with the useable ones not altering your rotation at all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    In short my main gripe with the spec is that the obvious rotation feels unintended, like I am playing it completely wrong.
    When a spec gives you a single proc to tide you over I feel it is bad practice to actively discourage you from using it, and instead letting it go to waste.
    Oof, that's rough, buddy.

I wouldn't expect huge class changes for a while yet. But that's definitely not a good feel. Hell, I don't even think they really did enough to shamans despite promising it since Legion.

Y'all will probably get some touch ups in 9.1 but that'll be it.

Hope there's a new build tonight!

Does anyone know where this trash drops from? I'm assuming Revendreth but idk.
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...athrezim-relic
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Potential dumb question. In 9.0 is there any way I can get the gear that's been dropping in warfronts? Such as the "Honorbound" set? I checked the vendor in beta, no joy. Will warfronts be somehow solo'able? I've never run one. Totally skipped them by. But the honorbound set is given by default to Level 60 pre-mades and I like the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Potential dumb question. In 9.0 is there any way I can get the gear that's been dropping in warfronts? Such as the "Honorbound" set? I checked the vendor in beta, no joy. Will warfronts be somehow solo'able? I've never run one. Totally skipped them by. But the honorbound set is given by default to Level 60 pre-mades and I like the look of it.
    It's most likely going to be changed later when enough people complain and an intern has some spare time .
    No seriously though, this stuff is usually taken care of later when they realize what they broke when going from one expansion to the other. Currently even old dungeon scaling hasn't been adjusted last time I checked. There is also island farming that some people would probably like to be able to do solo since they put ALOT of transmog and pet stuff in there.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Looking at all the new mounts and such added in Shadowlands I wonder if there is actually some semblance of parity between the various covenants.
    Now there wouldnt need to be that much parity seeing as you can just switch from one to the other or just make an alt, but on the whole Ardenweald seems to get an awful lot of unique mounts compared to Maldraxxus and Revendreth.

Are all these mounts locked behind becoming a cultist member of the covenant though? I think a bunch will be optainable by everyone, otherwise Blizzard would just piss away potential content. The sinrunner blanchey for example is a quest for everyone, isn't it?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Didn't they send an email yesterday that it was your "last chance" to get your BFA stuff done?

I think that might be our 2 week notice.
    No, the 2 week notice is a notice saying the pvp season ends on day X.
    If its not with the Afterlife vid there will be no patch on the 29th.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/dps-rankings-tier-list Icy Veins has this and while it's for Castle Nathria, it should at least give you an idea of class strengths/weaknesses in group settings.
    DPS goes and come, but utility in dungeons with new mechanics AND affixes, tweaks to old ones, and with the new AoE caps I've barely read about that is hard and softcapped etc. Also the way you do damage in m+, ramp ups, cooldowns..
    Even when Balance druid in BFA didn't pump out so good AoE, and weren't in the MDI or the biggest keys, they just was such amazing to have with you with their best tank CD's in the game at the time with treants and AoE silence, mass roots, pushbacks, soothe, BR..

I wonder if we won't be getting a new build today, and instead we get one tomorrow along with a pre-patch announcement after the Afterlives short. Seems like the kind of thing that would happen.

I really like the covenant cosmetics. But as with legion artifact weapons, I bet they will lose a lot of vanity by simply being way too common. And I don't think a mildly different color tint will remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I really like the covenant cosmetics. But as with legion artifact weapons, I bet they will lose a lot of vanity by simply being way too common. And I don't think a mildly different color tint will remedy that.
    That is true for pretty much every transmog though. The ones where it is both distinct and difficult to get are few and far between.

I for one am really looking forward to getting the Necrolord mail set, one because it is one of the few good mail sets, and two because I can use the best pieces to make a really kickass set when combined with other good and unique pieces.

so i love the people using the beta giveaways

we go from having to send an email and our btag to actually getting beta keys

and the contests on twitter are super fun and if you just so happen to win multiple times then you can get your own 5 man guild group going

the final beta invite give away is going to be on the 30th as far as i can see so they are really cramming ppl in the beta

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That is true for pretty much every transmog though. The ones where it is both distinct and difficult to get are few and far between.

I for one am really looking forward to getting the Necrolord mail set, one because it is one of the few good mail sets, and two because I can use the best pieces to make a really kickass set when combined with other good and unique pieces.
    I liked the mage tower appeareances. Although I would have enjoyed them even more if the time span until they became way more common was a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    DPS goes and come, but utility in dungeons with new mechanics AND affixes, tweaks to old ones, and with the new AoE caps I've barely read about that is hard and softcapped etc. Also the way you do damage in m+, ramp ups, cooldowns..
    Even when Balance druid in BFA didn't pump out so good AoE, and weren't in the MDI or the biggest keys, they just was such amazing to have with you with their best tank CD's in the game at the time with treants and AoE silence, mass roots, pushbacks, soothe, BR..
    Yeah, unfortunately, I haven't found a whole lot of info out there for classes in dungeons either.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I stopped looking at sets as a whole package and looking at the pieces of the set individually, makes them last a lot longer that way since there's thousands of possible combinations you can do.

Not sure if there's any correlation or if it's been mentioned but I'm finally leveling my paladin and the Ashbringer has some Maw-like runes as well. Wonder if it'll come into play or if I'm just reading too far into things

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I stopped looking at sets as a whole package and looking at the pieces of the set individually, makes them last a lot longer that way since there's thousands of possible combinations you can do.
    And yet none of them will ever truly fit if you look close enough, because blizzard has never used the same color palette twice :/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not sure if there's any correlation or if it's been mentioned but I'm finally leveling my paladin and the Ashbringer has some Maw-like runes as well. Wonder if it'll come into play or if I'm just reading too far into things
    https://i.imgur.com/M1oDtGI.jpg
    Afaik these are not maw/LK/DK like runes. They usually have sharper edges and and are more wavey, see frostmourne for reference. The runes on Ashbringer should be just run of the mill runes/letters from Azeroth.