Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Post With no titanforging we need more stats on gear

I am 100% happy they removed titanforging in Shadowlands. However. Every single item, except trinkets basically, is like this:

Stamina
    Int/Str/Agi
    Secondary Stat #1
    Secondary Stat #2

This was OK in Classic/TBC/WotLK, but there we had stats like % crit, % hit rate, armor penetration, Fire Damage, Armor etc. We no longer have this extencive amount of stats.

So with less "bad stats" means less "bad items". Less "bad items" then again means less situations where we get excited for a "good item"?

Do we need more different kinds of stats on gear?

no

the removal of titanforging means we get BiS back
    we can also add gem slots to some pieces
    we need set bonuses back

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is good as it is. Remember that gear will escalate as we progress through Shadowlands. So it is better to have minimal stats from the start so that we end up with a decent, normal number of stats by the end.

Or else this purge was in vane.

No we don't.

I wouldnt mind dedicated tank gear again
    I would like dodge/parry back.
    And spirit gear for healers.

The problem with adding more stat variety is it doesn't end up actually doing anything. There's always a numerically superior value and everything else is generally considered "bad". We saw that with all those stat types you mentioned in the OP.

That said, I agree the current system is pretty boring. It's hard to fix that without revisiting the horrors of BFA style RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Sorry?

How exactly is removing Titan Forging (Random increases in itemlevel for doing content) & The amount of secondary and tertiary stats on gear related?

None of the prior stats are gone, it's identical to BFA and Legion. It's even easier to acquire tertiary stats now afaik because you can add them willingly on craftable items via extra materials.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    no

we need set bonuses back
    We def need set bonuses back!

No. Hard disagree. There is a sweet spot for stats right now. We definitely do not need more.

10+ Year Old Account
    what we need is lower gear drop. make epic really epic. 2 gear max on mythic for 20 people.
    we also need more bind on equip gear, but much more rare. more choice in the loot table, when it drops you know it has a lot of value, then you can either roll it or sell it.
    sockets are fine. as well as minor procs such as speed or indestructible.
    I hope gear is that rare on ptr.

no

we need set bonuses back
    Then they need to nerf the number of loot from bosses.
    2 loot from the boss.

What is the point to play a 6-month patch when the entire guild will have bis and no point to killing bosses again after 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    2 loot from the boss.

What is the point to play a 6-month patch when the entire guild will have bis and no point to killing bosses again after 3 months?
    Disn't the loot awuisition rate drop drastically from BfA to SL?

I would only agree to add tank and healer stats back. The rest can stay dead.

2 loot from the boss.

play alts
    do pvp
    push M+
    farm mounts/pets/transmogs
    play something else completely

What did people do in wotlk, cata, mop?

no

We had BiS in Vanilla-WotLK?

More stats does not mean we don't have BiS lists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    what we need is lower gear drop. make epic really epic. 2 gear max on mythic for 20 people.
    we also need more bind on equip gear, but much more rare. more choice in the loot table, when it drops you know it has a lot of value, then you can either roll it or sell it.
    sockets are fine. as well as minor procs such as speed or indestructible.
    I hope gear is that rare on ptr.
    The "epic" is about the loot quality not how hard it is to drop we don't need it, nor titanforging or more stats.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is good as it is. Remember that gear will escalate as we progress through Shadowlands. So it is better to have minimal stats from the start so that we end up with a decent, normal number of stats by the end.

Or else this purge was in vane.
    You completely missed his point. He's talking about variety (IE, number) of stats (Crit, Haste, Parry, Dodge, Speed, Avoidance, et al.). You're talking about the value of the stat (50 Crit vs 100 Crit)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

2 loot from the boss.

if you are a loot driven player then you need to gear an alt or sell runs

otherwise take a break

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    We had BiS in Vanilla-WotLK?

More stats does not mean we don't have BiS lists
    i never said it didnt

i said removing TF gave us BiS back which is a great thing

we dont need extra stats

Yeah, interesting stats (unlike stuff like ar pen) would be great.

People meme so hard about D3 when D3 itemization is a ton more interesting than WoWs...

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am 100% happy they removed titanforging in Shadowlands. However. Every single item, except trinkets basically, is like this:

Stamina
    Int/Str/Agi
    Secondary Stat #1
    Secondary Stat #2

This was OK in Classic/TBC/WotLK, but there we had stats like % crit, % hit rate, armor penetration, Fire Damage, Armor etc. We no longer have this extencive amount of stats.

So with less "bad stats" means less "bad items". Less "bad items" then again means less situations where we get excited for a "good item"?

Do we need more different kinds of stats on gear?

Yes! Please, bring more stats back! The current system is so terrible boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want more stats until we can actually control what stats we get on gear(Reforging). Otherwise its enough as it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi