Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowlands PvP Updates

Shadowlands PvP Updates
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As we mentioned in last week’s Shadowlands Development Update, we’ve heard a lot of feedback from the PvP community that Conquest vendors in Shadowlands don’t offer enough of most players’ desired stats, leading to the sense that much of the best gear for PvP will have to be earned outside of PvP. We don’t want that to be the case.

Our current plan to address these concerns should become available in the Shadowlands Beta over the next couple of weeks.

First, we’re shifting the stat distributions on Conquest gear to always include Versatility. There should be two out of the three combinations (Versatility/Haste, Versatility/Mastery, Versatility/Crit) available for every slot. Secondly, we are adding a 2-piece set bonus, activated by equipping two PvP trinkets, such as crowd-control break (Medallion) or throughput (Battlemaster’s, Dominance, etc.) trinkets. This bonus will increase the damage and healing benefit of Versatility (but not the defensive benefit) while in Arenas, Battlegrounds, or War Mode.

The Conquest vendor will not offer perfect coverage of every stat combination, but neither does any other single source of gear in WoW. A player who favors Haste and Mastery cannot get a full set of Haste/Mastery gear from raiding alone, so if you’re someone who wants to be absolutely optimal, you’ll benefit from branching out across multiple types of content. Nonetheless, the result of these changes should be that a majority of the best gear for PvP now comes through the PvP system.

We look forward to your feedback on this, especially following your experiences testing the new itemization over the coming weeks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I like it. Definitely in the right direction. Thank you.

Thank you, Blizzard.

Now make RBG titles BoA, that's all I am missing from this expansion now. :>
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hey if they get these changes in, I couldn't be happier!

Definitely still not exactly what we had in the golden era of PvP (which I consider Cata and MoP), but atleast it's a billion times better than BFA so I'm happy. Honestly been holding off on pre-purchase for news along these lines.

Good. At long last PvPers won't be forced to do PvE(at least as much as in BFA).

I guess it’s a great change for top arena players. But as long as we need 2.4k rating to get the best gear, it will be significantly easier to get good items from PvE for the majority of players.

So there will be an incentive to specifically NOT use game warping PvE Trinkets like Drest? Major victory for PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Versatility never should have been a PVE stat in the first place but this is a marked improvement.

So PvE players now have to PvP to get that juicy versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    So PvE players now have to PvP to get that juicy versatility.
    If you want to stack Versatility, but not every class benefits the most from Vers.

Maybe you could detail some examples of classes/specs that would perform sub-optimally if they elected to not participate in the bear minimum weekly PvP grind in order to stay competitive with people who do choose to do the content, instead of generalizing them all into one group of "PvE players"

You could do that rather than just incessantly bitch.

Nice! Now nerf rogues and mages to the fkn ground. We dont need ALL expansions having the same overpowered overlords...

still enhancement in pvp has negative mana regen on ptr mana drops to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I guess it’s a great change for top arena players. But as long as we need 2.4k rating to get the best gear, it will be significantly easier to get good items from PvE for the majority of players.
    I actually agree with this. Considering how slowly you get conquest without doing arena it seems silly to keep the rating reqs on gear.
    Make regular BGs great again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Nice! Now nerf rogues and mages to the fkn ground. We dont need ALL expansions having the same overpowered overlords...
    As long as mages have poly, CS, frost nova, blink, and rouges have blind, sap, kidney, they are always going to be relevant

Will the increase in vers via pvp trinkets mean that the best pve trinkets won’t be worthwhile in pvp?

If this change increases everyone’s damage across the board in pvp, is there a risk pvp damage will now be too high?

Good changes. Easy, but effective changes.

Blizzard devs is working almost 24h a day to release an incomplet expansion 10-26

So many micro adjust, 1 moth for that is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Quack27 View Post
    So there will be an incentive to specifically NOT use game warping PvE Trinkets like Drest? Major victory for PvP.
    The versatility bonus would have to be absolutely massive to even come close to rivaling trinkets like that. And with them already specifying that the defensive part of versatility is not included my hopes are pretty low that this will make a difference. Especially since people who like to mostly play unrated will continue getting the shaft no matter what.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2020-09-16 at 10:22 PM.