Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s funny... Republicans started to dislike him, when public view became ‘he wasn’t as bad as Trump’. Trump made Bush’s term better, by comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

I was told I was taking things out of context... just trying to follow all the rules. No insulting, ask for clarification before assuming and sticking to the issues.
    I mean the last 3-4 years of his presidency, especially the last 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's a insult, and seeing how many on here call Trump a fascist you're shocked I won't stay silent?
    No, I’m literally trying to explain how I can call my self a Trump supporter or how @Machismo can say he isn’t voting Biden, without being called nazis. Although, to be honest... a day when I get called a Trump supporter and a communist, is a day I enjoy. I’m just secure in who I am... like being called gay by an asshole that considers it an insult... I should let it dominate my entire posting time, because?

Don't tell me what I do and don't consider. I grew up with half my family being fairly racist, and a few being openly racist. Biden is someone who had very nice things to say about a segregationist and now you expect people to think he will be a champion for racial equality.
    He also pointed to systemic racism in the video you replied to. Don’t you think it’s better to evangelize the parts you agree with, to set them as the norm? You mentioned Biden commercials to highlight the parts you like... well... we have that power too and that’s how I express it. I watched that video and simply said... “I agree”... then I rented on ghost for like an hour, but that’s beside the point... I don’t like the far left being treated as some boogie man, but you know that. You see me rant against Trump supporters daily about it...

My whole family is Trump supporter, I still call them twice a day. I don’t fucking care...

Biden has ran his entire life on once becoming president, and I'm assuming the 4th time will do the trick for him. Biden isn't in the race for anyone but himself, just like Trump. Or is that going too far to have that opinion?
    You can have an opinion all you like... but, I have a better time agreeing with Biden on needs of the people, to highlight the necessities... instead of bitching about 40 years and wondering why you don’t see commercials. I value people needing help that’s covered in Biden’s plan, more than grudges. I’m sharpening my daggers if he doesn’t follow through... for now, it’s the only chance... Is that opinion too far?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    For people having a problem with their white fragility after watching the "ambush"...

Angry Black Woman Trope
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_black_woman
    The angry black woman stereotype is a trope in American society that portrays African-American women as sassy, ill-mannered, and ill-tempered by nature.

When Trump Calls a Black Woman ‘Angry,’ He Feeds This Racist Trope
    All of it played on a racist trope that goes back generations in American culture, and has a complicated history in forging gender identity, power and class. The “angry Black woman” remains a cultural and social fixture, a stereotype that has been used to denigrate artists, athletes and political figures.

“The notion of the angry Black woman was a way — is a way — of trying to keep in place Black women who have stepped outside of their bounds, and who have refused to concede the legitimacy of being a docile being in the face of white power,” said Michael Eric Dyson, the Georgetown professor and author.

Class dismissed.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Okay, you know what? I'll make one exception this time and actually respond to someone on my ignore list since they seem fucking intent on constantly replying to my posts as if I had spoken to them (which I had not). Mods, I ask you to grant me some leniency in this one occasion since as you can see he is specifically fucking asking for it.

@Jettisawn, not one single time have I called you either a troll or a Trump supporter that I can recall. I haven't gone through the entirety of my posting history to find out for sure because I have ANYTHING else to do, but I'm pretty fairly certain you haven't seen me accusing you of being either of those. The fact that you chose to take my comment addressed to the trolls--and EVERYONE knows who those particular trolls are at this point, they make themselves really well known both here and in the Trump thread--the fact that you chose to take that as a personal insult speaks WAY more about you than I.

I've argued with you, sure. Because you would often make unfounded (or just plain wrong) claims and I would call you out on them and we would have a back and forth for a few posts (during which you would often ignore any evidence I presented or just go off on another "oh I'M the victim" rant) and that would be the end of it. But not once during all of that nonsense did I ever claim you were a Trump supporter or that you were trolling the forums. Kindly quote me if I'm wrong. I don't think I'm wrong.

If you think I am "unwilling" or "not brave enough" to call out people for being trolls, then you need to take a look through my infraction history which is comprised almost entirely of doing exactly that. One of my posts was actually deleted in which I was calling out Thwart in particular because it was "too harsh". I have absolutely zero problem doing it. However I also see very little value in specifically CALLING them into a thread to shit it up. Like I said, EVERYONE knows who those people are. They're usually around for 2 posts before their bullshit narrative is scattered by a dozen people providing receipts (or until they get themselves banned) and then off they go into the ether until the next GOP talking point is ready for dissemination.

I put you on ignore because I got really fucking tired of your "woe is me" act and the stupid circular arguments that went absolutely nowhere because you think "good" is the enemy of "perfect" and I really don't want to waste any more of my time collecting my eyeballs from the dusty corners of the room after having them roll right out of my skull from reading your hot takes. We get it. You don't like Biden. Others might be unfairly giving you a hard time for it or calling you a Trump supporter for it. I'm not. I just don't give a shit and you keep deciding to wade further into it, so you do you.

Rest assured that if I ever had anything to say to you I would damn well quote you or name you to tell you directly. OR you can just go ahead and put me on ignore as well so that you don't "accidentally" assume I'm talking about you again and then together we can save several pages worth of dull back-and-forth on the Politics sub-forum of a Gaming site.

Either way, have a nice life, or don't. Just stop assuming I care enough to try to sub-post about you. Toodles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden had every opportunity, and at this point in the race I don't see him changing up his messaging.
    What messaging? He ran several ads that were dominated by healthcare during Sunday’s NFL games.

I do believe Biden will be better then Trump, and it isn't even a question, but I also know Biden has a decent chance at expanding our military presence or getting us into another war.
    Why? With what country? Trump literally vetoed both democrats and republicans, blocking his war powers against Iran. What foreign fight does Biden even have?

I have three main concerns M4A, Ending US Wars, and real Criminal Justice Reform from police to judicial judges. All of which Biden has been openly against. Hell Republican are using Biden in their attack ads against Democrats. That's who Joe Biden is currently helping.
    But, that’s not true. His criminal justice reform, was co-written by Bernie. His healthcare plan covers the vast majority of American and his housing plan was called extensive and possible by Vox. Judges is simply silly, because he already has 4 years of Trump judges to deal with.

Edit: yeah, the Trump ad I saw on Sunday did quote Biden... “I would lock it down”... something that Trump should have done. The way Trump, which I keep @ you to when Ghost repeats it, is attacking Biden, is by claiming he is controlled by far leftists. He is demonizing you and then claiming you are Biden’s puppeteer... you are Trump’s boogie man. How is that for calling you a Trump supporter? Useful scapegoat is more like it...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-16 at 09:48 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    This is why I keep repeating that Trump is merely a symptom of the issues in the country.

Even if the Dems were to sweep both halves of Congress and the Presidency, the rot in American society will still be there.
    Agreed, entirely. I struggle to even think about how we can recover and mend that rot as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed, entirely. I struggle to even think about how we can recover and mend that rot as a country.
    As long as fox and Limbaugh and similar crap festers peoples hate it never will. But although Trump is a symptom, getting rid of a guy pushing conspiracies daily on the biggest platform in the world and also festering on peoples hate should help if he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well I think part of it would have to be an amendment to 1A that specifically addresses hate speech but I'm sure that's a slippery slope. Especially since it seems most of the people screaming "MUH FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS!" don't have a fucking clue what the First Amendment actually protects.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are you concerned that he refused to rent to black people?

Are you concerned that he sexually assaulted multiple women?

Are you concerned that he peeped in on underage girls?

Are you concerned that he increased spending?

Are you concerned that he attacked the First Amendment via executive order?

I'll assume any lack of response is you admitting you are not concerned with those things, and actually support them.
    I don't think he is concerned about any of those things, because they didn't happen to him, if anything happens to him, then he will change his position. He doesn't care about society or the country, he is a standard conservative Republican. Fuck everyone else, he has his.

No, I’m literally trying to explain how I can call my self a Trump supporter or how @Machismo can say he isn’t voting Biden, without being called nazis. Although, to be honest... a day when I get called a Trump supporter and a communist, is a day I enjoy. I’m just secure in who I am... like being called gay by an asshole that considers it an insult... I should let it dominate my entire posting time, because?

He also pointed to systemic racism in the video you replied to. Don’t you think it’s better to evangelize the parts you agree with, to set them as the norm? You mentioned Biden commercials to highlight the parts you like... well... we have that power too and that’s how I express it. I watched that video and simply said... “I agree”... then I rented on ghost for like an hour, but that’s beside the point... I don’t like the far left being treated as some boogie man, but you know that. You see me rant against Trump supporters daily about it...

My whole family is Trump supporter, I still call them twice a day. I don’t fucking care...

You can have an opinion all you like... but, I have a better time agreeing with Biden on needs of the people, to highlight the necessities... instead of bitching about 40 years and wondering why you don’t see commercials. I value people needing help that’s covered in Biden’s plan, more than grudges. I’m sharpening my daggers if he doesn’t follow through... for now, it’s the only chance... Is that opinion too far?
    For the record, I think I'm actually George Soros.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Last 3-4 years. Even republicans disliked him.
    Oh, his approval fell through the floor, mainly because of Iraq, then the recession for the last 6 months. But, I don't recall a lot of hostility from "undecideds" on any campaign appearances, like this was.

The shoe throwing incident, notwithstanding.

For the record, I think I'm actually George Soros.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, his approval fell through the floor, mainly because of Iraq, then the recession for the last 6 months. But, I don't recall a lot of hostility from "undecideds" on any campaign appearances, like this was.

The shoe throwing incident, notwithstanding.
    Hell that was an Iraqi. He was already re elected, so you wouldn't have had an opportunity to see what we saw last night. But Insaw plenty of irate GOP voters at events when he came to the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reparations for both African Americans and Native Americans would be a good start. Hell African Americans should be getting reparations since it's 2020 and they still aren't treated fairly under the law. It's something we've put off far too long, and the next best option is to ensure everyone has a basic starting point with Education, food, healthcare, and housing. After writing that all out the former would probably be more feasible then the later.
    Reparations are never going to happen because not only would it be difficult to prove ancestry, but you'd also be opening the door to any group that's been marginalized since the founding of the country. Which, if you look at redlining districts, are a lot more groups than black people and native Americans. Almost everyone in fact outside of English, French, and Scandinavian. What this would boil down to is a social inequality benefit based on a genetic test and (somehow?) proof of lineage. It would get very messy.

The better way is to just provide assistance to the economically disadvantaged, since this is a presumed outcome of past or present systemic racism. We already do this; one could argue that benefits should be expanded.

Hell that was an Iraqi. He was already re elected, so you wouldn't have had an opportunity to see what we saw last night. But Insaw plenty of irate GOP voters at events when he came to the state.
    Sure, there were pissed off people, but were they "undecided" in any way? Not really. When people are that hostile, they really aren't undecided. They have decided to be pissed off and aggressive, and more power to them for that.

You said Trump was my Hero. That's why.

You are doing the exact same shit, misrepresenting me to make some snide troll comment.
    Considering how much you defend him, it isn't surprise me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Annnnnd now Kanye is referring to himself as Baby Putin. I guess the GOP's plan to use him as a spoiler in the General Election is...going...well...? Seriously at this stage it's hard to tell.
    Didn't he just say today that his staffers can't have sex out of wedlock? https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep.../#39a9ec2a4736

Absolutely ignorant and retarded moron needs to go back on his fucking meds.

Sure, there were pissed off people, but were they "undecided" in any way? Not really. When people are that hostile, they really aren't undecided. They have decided to be pissed off and aggressive, and more power to them for that.
    You are getting too hung up and that term. Just becasue someone is undecided doesn't mean they cannot be upset with the man for what he is doing. Likewise being upset with someone does not mean that it is partisan.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense, people aren't allowed to call others names such as thing here.
    Because saying you support Trump is not an insult, neither is calling people far leftist or communist. Plus, I very rarely report anyone and I would never report anyone for calling me a Trump supporter...

I've also continually asked people to not call me a Trump Supporter and let everyone know I would respond each and every time they do it. You haven't lived my life, and so what sets you off should be different then what sets me off. I can take a lot, but I won't be continually maligned.
    Yes, and you haven’t lived ours... SFW? The amount of times people call you anything, versus these rants about it, are not even close.

He can say the right words now, but that means little to me after his policies he helped champion made the criminal justice system worse. Biden still wouldn't acknowledge that fact just last year.
    Is there anything preventing you from reading the one he wrote with Bernie this year? I don’t understand why last years matters more than today’s... I also don’t understand the point of your trying to swing anything further left, when people actually doing it are not trusted. Isn’t that a catch 22?

110 pages:

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uplo...MENDATIONS.pdf

No it's perfectly far, despite what I've said, I didn't mean to imply to tell others how to vote.
    Why not? How do you support policy, without indirectly trying to convince people to vote for those representing those policies? How do you separate the policy you support, from people that would implement it?

I am critical of politicians, even of Bernie, Ilhan Omar, AOC, and especially of my State Senators who are among the more liberal democrats. I've watch my whole life as my parents economic security cut out from below them. That didn't happen under just the GOP, but DEMs as well, and mostly Democrats exactly like Biden. So yeah, I gave certain goals post Biden had to meet for me to believe his rhetoric. Real tangible stuff, but he missed all the marks. Perhaps if I wasn't in such a Blue State I might bite the bullet, but I know Biden is going to win my state so I see no reason to vote for him.
    That’s great... read again what you just said... We are on day 16 of Trump’s defunding of social security, which would be permanent if he keeps his post election promise. Does it help anything to complain and not vote to stop it? I understand that democrats contributed in the past and there is no doubt will contribute in the future, but I’ve been in US for 30 years and I have not seen a Democrat or Republican, take such a stance to defund social security and Medicare through a payroll tax cut. If you are not going to vote to stop that, what’s the point of everything you did up to now? All the work you out in? If Trump wins and simply fulfills his promise, your parents will lose Social Security by 2023. How can you not fight to stop it?

Edit: oh and don’t over analyze “fight”... I talk shit on a forum and vote... I’m not glorifying doing something special.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 01:05 AM.

That’s great... read again what you just said... We are on day 16 of Trump’s defunding of social security, which would be permanent if he keeps his post election promise. Does it help anything to complain and not vote to stop it? I understand that democrats contributed in the past and there is no doubt will contribute in the future, but I’ve been in US for 30 years and I have not seen a Democrat or Republican, take such a stance to defund social security and Medicare through a payroll tax cut. If you are not going to vote to stop that, what’s the point of everything you did up to now? All the work you out in? If Trump wins and simply fulfills his promise, your parents will lose Social Security by 2023. How can you not fight to stop it?
    It's simple. He, like Trump, thinks everyone that doesn't support/believe exactly in the policies he demands is ebul and that compromise is akin to weakness. The only response to a person who throws a fit because they didn't get exactly what they want and they lost fair and square is to let them have their tantrum in the corner. He's so determined and spiteful to punish those who did not obey his will that he's willing to hurt himself and those he loves to ensure those who did not acquiesce to his demands and his alone suffer.

Oh and a lot of his non-sense stinks of the "silent majority" bullshit conservatives always try and push. No really everyone really agrees with him they just all stayed home for some reason. I'm super cereal.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-09-17 at 12:43 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's simple. He, like Trump, thinks everyone that doesn't support/believe exactly in the policies he demands is ebul and that compromise is akin to weakness. The only response to a person who throws a fit because they didn't get exactly what they want and they lost fair and square is to let them have their tantrum in the corner. He's so determined and spiteful to punish those who did not obey his will that he's willing to hurt himself and those he loves to ensure those who did not acquiesce to his demands and his alone suffer.

Oh and a lot of his non-sense stinks of the "silent majority" bullshit conservatives always try and push. No really everyone really agrees with him they just all stayed home for some reason. I'm super cereal.
    I would at least understand if that was the case. I pointed similar in Trump’s reaction to Comey and Woodward, trusting both because they seemed against Hillary. Then turning after both reported on what Trump said.

But, that’s not the case... it’s part of why I don’t understand. I keep @ him when panther talks shit about the far left or implies that Harris or Biden are far left. The things panther states about his ideology, is so much worse than being called a Trump supporter. If what you said was true, there is no way he would agree with panther on anything. It’s why all the name calling... people are trying to fit this peg into a hole, because it makes no sense.

Also, on the larger scale, people he argues with, don’t actually disagree on far left policy. We pretty much all support Medicare for all and major police reform. Policy wise, he would be preaching to the choir. It’s bickering over intent, because the arguments being used are from someone who sees them selfs as an opponent of Biden... just like Biden is to Trump... so, naturally streams will cross...

Edit: oh and just because I think it was a strange flex when someone pointed to their infraction count as some badge of honor... I have 23 infractions, which includes a couple that were reversed, in 10 years and 51000 posts. I am not afraid to speak up to people and can be a major pest when I do... I just don’t have to be belligerent and get to use it as justification that people who have me on ignore, didn’t do it because I was belligerent or breaking any rules.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being called the support of a fascist is an insult, and it's an out right lie. I don't care how you want to try and spin that it isn't. I take it as one, and I won't be silent while people continue to call me one. If people don't want me to fill this pages refuting it then they should stop with the childish attacks. Similar to how Shimerra had just done. Also I'm hurting the ones I love??? Jesus. LOL
    Dude, you can call it spin if you like, I am trying to explain to you what the issue is and why there is a conflict. Do what ever you want with this information... I’m telling you, you shitting on Biden and Trump shitting on Biden, is bound to have streams cross. Couple that with the ire you show towards people who call your whole ideology, the collapse of western civilization, you should be able to see the misunderstanding and should be able to easily clear it up.

I’m sorry, if you are going to argue that your political action is for their best, I get to use it to try to explain when it isn’t. Because it seems like an issue you would care about. No “lol”, you care, so I am going to appeal to what you care about. It’s that simple... I care too... I don’t need edge lord points. I wouldn’t reply if I didn’t care about things like Social Security.

Again people are free to have disagree with me, but if you start insulting me I won't be silent about it.
    No one is disagreeing with you on the issues... on policy... on shit I assume that maters... that’s my point... I’m telling you how to fix it... you are free to disagree, but I am also free to form my opinion as a result.

Also, not really true, is it? I’m pretty sure you would get might upset if someone’s opinion was that your dislike of a Biden is Trump related. Again, during this election, you have to admit it’s not a far fetched assumption. As polarized as everything is?

Social Security doesn't work that way, and Trump can't Defund and many Republicans wouldn't agree to it either. So trying to scare me into voting for Biden won't work either. I have voted for the lesser evil for the last time a few years ago. All the Democrats or states would have to do is put up a court case against the executive order and it would be put on hold and probably slapped down.
    After 3+ years, you are arguing that GOP will stop him? How do you think this won’t be misconstrued? You are suggesting that republicans will stop Trump? Which part of this being day 16 of the defunding, did you not understand? Not soon, but day 16. You think he will claim he wants to defund medicare and social security, instead of it being the tax cut he promised? What Trump have you been watching?

You think a I’m scaring you, by stating Trump’s promise? But, Trump keeping his promise isn’t scary? WTF?

If you want to get convince people whom to vote for don't waste your time on an sub-forum to an MMO. If anything people on here have only convinced me to stick by my principles. As for Biden I believe his actions far more then his words, and some weak ass task force that Biden isn't going to held too and doesn't even talk about doesn't cut it. I am also voting to stop it, in the my states General Elections, but I just won't be voting for someone who has repeated tried to cut it himself. Not once, twice, but three times, and he said he'd do it again. I believe his words far more then I believe what some staffer put up on his website. I know who Biden is, he has 40 years in office, and he hasn't really changed outside his public opinions changing with the political winds. Biden is now who he was in 90s, and I'm not going to enjoy everyone defending him like they have for Obama.

As for infractions I have 10, and 4 this year have been me replying to rude comments.
    Dude... I do it for lurkers... all I want you to do is talk more... you just argued that Trump won’t defund social security as a tax cut, which promised. To complain about Biden’s actions? As far as I’m aware, there is only one candidate that we can judge on actions as president. There is only one candidate that cut funding to social security and Medicare for 16 days... and counting. Where the fuck are these republicans stopping him? Where are they hiding? Show me!

what’s up my silent lurker peeps!!! Much love!!!

Edit: Nice touch at the end... Everyone defending Obama, ey? Deporter in Chief Obama? The foreign born Obama? That Obama?

Edit 2: The pandemic response team having, millions more with affordable healthcare Obama? Thanks Obama?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 02:01 AM.

You are getting too hung up and that term. Just becasue someone is undecided doesn't mean they cannot be upset with the man for what he is doing. Likewise being upset with someone does not mean that it is partisan.
    I'm simply saying they aren't really undecided at all. Joe the Plumber said he was undecided, that was not true.

That woman specifically came off just like Joe the Plumber.