Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I mean people are now literally able to 3d print/mill their own guns at home. There are schematics freely available online for this. Good luck trying to find all of these guns.
    Zip guns have existed forever and 3D printed guns are no different unless you happen to have a six figure machine.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

the point is that taking guns away from law abiding citizens will leave them unable to defend themselves against intruders or a tyrannical government. Do you live in rural america? Do you know how long it can take for a sheriff's department to respond to calls in their counties at night?

Do you have a wife, mother sister, grandmother? If someone breaks into their house in the middle of the night would you rather they have a cell phone in their hands? or would you rather they have the ability to defend themselves? England has basically no guns and home invasions are extremely common. On top of that you have potential president/vice president that wants to defund police while they cheer on their citizens rioting/burning down buildings and assaulting people in mobs. Harris advocated for bailing out these rioters and letting them back out on the street.

Nobody in their right mind will give up their guns in this current situations. Fortunately we have our second amendment right to do so. We have the right to defend ourselves. Fortunately states are forming 2nd amendment sanctuarys to protect it's citizens in the event that biden/harris get into office and try to destroy the second amendment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...nd%20checks%2C

- - - Updated - - -

I mean people are now literally able to 3d print/mill their own guns at home. There are schematics freely available online for this. Good luck trying to find all of these guns.
    Mmhmm, sure, the only guns that I have heard that they want to do anything about, is the gun of the mass shooter, the AR-15. You know, the mass shooters that come from your side of the political spectrum?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Mmhmm, sure, the only guns that I have heard that they want to do anything about, is the gun of the mass shooter, the AR-15. You know, the mass shooters that come from your side of the political spectrum?
    You might be under that impression because:
    • You don't understand much about guns;
    • The politicians don't understand much about guns;
    • All of the above.
    That's because "Assault Rifle" doesn't actually mean anything beyond "semi-automatic rifle that looks like a military counterpart" - when it comes to technical characteristics, it is not different from any other semi-automatic rifle. Banning "high capacity" magazines is also rather nonsensical given it'd only apply to a category of weapons that doesn't actually exist and not, say, to handguns.
    Last but not least, claiming the AR-15 style weapons to be "the gun of the mass shooter" means being vastly uninformed at best and intellectually dishonest at worse. Or brainwashed by the leftist narrative.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-types-used/
    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0057.htm (this is outdated but a good example of how anything from semi-automatic handguns to revolvers, bolt and lever-action rifles, semi-auto rifles, shotguns &c. has been used).
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    You might be under that impression because:
    • You don't understand much about guns;
    • The politicians don't understand much about guns;
    • All of the above.
    That's because "Assault Rifle" doesn't actually mean anything beyond "semi-automatic rifle that looks like a military counterpart" - when it comes to technical characteristics, it is not different from any other semi-automatic rifle. Banning "high capacity" magazines is also rather nonsensical given it'd only apply to a category of weapons that doesn't actually exist and not, say, to handguns.
    Last but not least, claiming the AR-15 style weapons to be "the gun of the mass shooter" means being vastly uninformed at best and intellectually dishonest at worse. Or brainwashed by the leftist narrative.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-types-used/
    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0057.htm (this is outdated but a good example of how anything from semi-automatic handguns to revolvers, bolt and lever-action rifles, semi-auto rifles, shotguns &c. has been used).
    Yeah, I know all about guns, I have a 40 gun gunsafe in the next room that is full with a handgun gunsafe on top of it with a couple in there.

So, you can throw this bullshit right out the fucking window right now.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Zip guns have existed forever and 3D printed guns are no different unless you happen to have a six figure machine.
    That is rapidly changing. The machines are getting cheaper. Many more people are starting to make their own guns. You should look it up.

https://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-...pros-and-cons/

One thing to remember is, you do not need to 3D print the entire firearm. You can make certain parts for them with one, such as the lower reciever for a AR15 and they will function.

From the link...

According to the BATF “Ghost Guns”, or 80% finished AR-15 and Glock receiver guns are legal. Here, the builder uses mostly hand tools to finish the metal or polymer receiver. Since you finished this 80% receiver yourself, it is legal for you to own the finished AR-15 or Glock. The BATF requests that you put an ID number on it, but few do. Since you do not need to have a background check to buy the kit, there is no telling who actually owns these “Ghost Guns”, or who they are being sold to after completion. Legally, you can only build one for your personal use so long as you are eligible to own a gun to begin with.

After the receiver is finished it can be assembled with metal parts that are easy to locate and buy over the counter. The only part of the AR-15 or Glock that needs a background check is the receiver, which the FEDS classify as a weapon. The finished AR-15 or Glock is made of metal or polymers and not totally of plastics. It will be stronger and more accurate than 3D printed gun provided you assemble it correctly.

At this time, a “ghost Gun” is cheaper to build and is more durable than a 3D printed plastic gun. The average cost to build one is around $500.00 for the AR-15 and about $350.00 for the Glock

- - - Updated - - -

Had to get political huh? lol! Did you forget the shooter who used a AR-15 to try and kill the Republican congressmen at the baseball field? A registered Democrat. And the Dayton Ohio mass shooter, used a AR-15 and was a Bernie Sanders supporter on his social media accounts. I think this type of evil exists with people of all types of ideologies.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-16 at 12:39 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Did the previous assault weapons ban stop columbine from happening?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did the previous assault weapons ban stop columbine from happening?
    They also forget the highest school mass shooting , the shooter used two semi-auto handguns, one was a .22 cal., to kill over 30 students at Virginia Tech. The next thing they will go after is semi-auto handguns, until someone with two revolvers kill a lot of people in a mass shooting. Then they will only allow single shot rifles. :P
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    the point is that taking guns away from law abiding citizens will leave them unable to defend themselves against intruders or a tyrannical government. Do you live in rural america? Do you know how long it can take for a sheriff's department to respond to calls in their counties at night?

Do you have a wife, mother sister, grandmother? If someone breaks into their house in the middle of the night would you rather they have a cell phone in their hands? or would you rather they have the ability to defend themselves? England has basically no guns and home invasions are extremely common. On top of that you have potential president/vice president that wants to defund police while they cheer on their citizens rioting/burning down buildings and assaulting people in mobs. Harris advocated for bailing out these rioters and letting them back out on the street.

Nobody in their right mind will give up their guns in this current situations. Fortunately we have our second amendment right to do so. We have the right to defend ourselves. Fortunately states are forming 2nd amendment sanctuarys to protect it's citizens in the event that biden/harris get into office and try to destroy the second amendment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...nd%20checks%2C

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve asked multiple times, but you’ve been too much of a coward to answer:

Should the protestors shoot back against the tyrannical government violating their first amendment rights?

Answer it coward! I want to hear your response!

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    It's clear the point is not going to get through but since other people are reading, it bears repeating anyway:

Gun Grabbers are not our allies. They are not worth protecting. The fewer there are of you, the better. The second amendment is not going anywhere and the country is saturated with enough firearms, ammunition, and people that know how to use them to make the idea of a "gun free utopia" a total pipe dream. Deal with it.
    and yet they said the same thing about a half dozen other countries that made the pivot and they ended up being far better off as a country because of it.

We were saturated with slave owners, people who wanted nothing to do with giving minorities voting rights, giving women the right to vote, letting women own property, etc etc etc.

Change just takes a while, maybe after the baby boomer war-boner generation gets done fucking up the country and all die off in the natural cycle of life we can have some real positive change in this country.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Which gun control policy will violent criminals follow?
    What laws will criminals follow? None? Well shit, let's not even bother with it if it won't stop people determined to commit crimes.

Yeah, I know all about guns, I have a 40 gun gunsafe in the next room that is full with a handgun gunsafe on top of it with a couple in there.

So, you can throw this bullshit right out the fucking window right now.
    If you did have "a 40 gun gunsafe" in a "room" (which would be either a caveau or an armory the kind of which you'd find in a LE or military facility), you'd still not answering my "bullshit" (or rather, the facts I threw on the table along with sources). No, by lex parsimoniae you're simply lying; you don't know anything about guns, and you have your back pinned against a wall and you've found no better way to escape the situation than to resort to laughable insults.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is rapidly changing. The machines are getting cheaper. Many more people are starting to make their own guns. You should look it up.

https://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-...pros-and-cons/

One thing to remember is, you do not need to 3D print the entire firearm. You can make certain parts for them with one, such as the lower reciever for a AR15 and they will function.

From the link...

According to the BATF “Ghost Guns”, or 80% finished AR-15 and Glock receiver guns are legal. Here, the builder uses mostly hand tools to finish the metal or polymer receiver. Since you finished this 80% receiver yourself, it is legal for you to own the finished AR-15 or Glock. The BATF requests that you put an ID number on it, but few do. Since you do not need to have a background check to buy the kit, there is no telling who actually owns these “Ghost Guns”, or who they are being sold to after completion. Legally, you can only build one for your personal use so long as you are eligible to own a gun to begin with.

After the receiver is finished it can be assembled with metal parts that are easy to locate and buy over the counter. The only part of the AR-15 or Glock that needs a background check is the receiver, which the FEDS classify as a weapon. The finished AR-15 or Glock is made of metal or polymers and not totally of plastics. It will be stronger and more accurate than 3D printed gun provided you assemble it correctly.

At this time, a “ghost Gun” is cheaper to build and is more durable than a 3D printed plastic gun. The average cost to build one is around $500.00 for the AR-15 and about $350.00 for the Glock

s.
    umm you purposefully left out the last part about how expensive the machine, program and materials were???

The 3D printed gun is much more expensive because you must buy the computer program, a printer that is capable of printing the 3D gun, and the printing materials, which can cost many thousands of dollars. Even after all that expense, the gun may still fail to work properly and may even injure you.

Besides the fact that those materials can be traced and tracked.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What laws will criminals follow? None? Well shit, let's not even bother with it if it won't stop people determined to commit crimes.
    We set laws so we can set societal expectations and punish people when we catch them doing something we think is bad. What, exactly, do you find so horrible about simply OWNING something? Personally, I really only like laws preventing actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Change just takes a while, maybe after the baby boomer war-boner generation gets done fucking up the country and all die off in the natural cycle of life we can have some real positive change in this country.
    Yeah, maybe my generation of pussies will get their way and they can keep being horribly scared of all the big boom kinda stuff.

Also, if you can't see a difference in ownership laws vs rights laws, there's something wrong IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    What, exactly, do you find so horrible about simply OWNING something?
    Uh...there are mountains of laws regarding ownership of things that are illegal. Drugs are illegal to own, for example.

Laws are in place as a deterrent, and if they're broken as a way to punish people. They cannot, and will not ever stop all behavior. That's not their intent and it's not a reasonable expectation.

Uh...there are mountains of laws regarding ownership of things that are illegal. Drugs are illegal to own, for example.

Laws are in place as a deterrent, and if they're broken as a way to punish people. They cannot, and will not ever stop all behavior. That's not their intent and it's not a reasonable expectation.
    Right, I'm asking what you find so abhorrent about owning a gun as opposed to the actions (which are already banned) one might take with a gun?

Like I said, I hate basically all ownership laws. Drugs should be legal.

Drugs are illegal to own, for example.
    Not everywhere, and a bad example to bring to further your arguments if we were to bring certain countries into the equation. Portugal immediately comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, I hate basically all ownership laws. Drugs should be legal.
    Ditto and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    If you did have "a 40 gun gunsafe" in a "room" (which would be either a caveau or an armory the kind of which you'd find in a LE or military facility), you'd still not answering my "bullshit" (or rather, the facts I threw on the table along with sources). No, by lex parsimoniae you're simply lying; you don't know anything about guns, and you have your back pinned against a wall and you've found no better way to escape the situation than to resort to laughable insults.
    I know a lot about guns, but then again, considering your posting here the last couple of days, you don't give a flying fuck anyway and will make shit up to suit your narrative.

I know a lot about guns, but then again, considering your posting here the last couple of days, you don't give a flying fuck anyway and will make shit up to suit your narrative.
    Apparently not enough to not be scared of ergonomically designed guns that can do their job well. Gotta have something mechanically inferior to technology of the day. I bet you also think cars with 1000hp have no place on the road because cars are only for transportation, as safely as possible, from a to b :lol:

Yeah you know so much about them that you avoided all of my points by dismissing them as bullshit without providing any counter-argument whatsoever, and went for "I know stuff about guns", period. Not to mention I'm not the one making shit up. I stated facts and backed them up with sources.
    Apparently not enough to not be scared of ergonomically designed guns that can do their job well.
    This too. Which is a hallmark of the uneducated hoplophobic mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    One that makes gun inaccessible to them, either literally or financially.
    So, none basically.

- - - Updated - - -

"Assault rifles" were readily available long before mass shootings became a concern. Perhaps figuring out why it became an issue and fixing that would be a better idea, and not blaming an inanimate object.