Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Afaik these are not maw/LK/DK like runes. They usually have sharper edges and and are more wavey, see frostmourne for reference. The runes on Ashbringer should be just run of the mill runes/letters from Azeroth.
    oh im definitely grasping at straws but with the whole alleged light involvement and speculation on the future maybe the big bad Light Sword makes an appearance again

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not sure if there's any correlation or if it's been mentioned but I'm finally leveling my paladin and the Ashbringer has some Maw-like runes as well. Wonder if it'll come into play or if I'm just reading too far into things

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/M1oDtGI.jpg[IMG]
    I think you're reading too much into that since Ashbringer was made by dwarves, not in the Shadowlands.

But it still could end up being something later one, like during the Light vs Void conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh im definitely grasping at straws but with the whole alleged light involvement and speculation on the future maybe the big bad Light Sword makes an appearance again
    I think what with Ashbringer having a core of a naaru just makes the weapon able to turn into a weapon of darkness pretty easily(Since they technically can turn into a Void Naaru if circumstances force it)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think what with Ashbringer having a core of a naaru just makes the weapon able to turn into a weapon of darkness pretty easily(Since they technically can turn into a Void Naaru if circumstances force it)
    With them backloading frostmourne's lore and Denath's floating sword I'm just curious as to whether or not there are more sentient weapons out there and how they all tie into each other. Xal'atath is missing as well right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    got a ptr update
    Yup and the PTR has the new login screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No 2 week notice last week, no patch on the 22nd.
    Even the 29th is getting quickly ruled out.
    Sorry but there is no way we are getting it after the 29th, we already have Pre-patch on BG Downloader, and when that happens it is 1-2 weeks out, so 29th or 22nd confirmed at this point, that with the email is your 2-week notice. Which I will add in the past shortest notice we got was a week to a few days, so no, 2 weeks is not 100% necessary
    Last edited by Arthzull; 2020-09-16 at 11:28 PM.

SFA tuning in this build.

Didn't expect so little so close to prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Sindragosa, deads, undeads on login screen

5+ Year Old Account
    With them backloading frostmourne's lore and Denath's floating sword I'm just curious as to whether or not there are more sentient weapons out there and how they all tie into each other. Xal'atath is missing as well right?
    There is several Sentient weapons, arcane mage use one as well and I suppose the beast master hunter one counts as well.

It's starting to look like there isn't going to be a beta build today.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    No Sindragosa, deads, undeads on login screen
    Yeah At this point, I don't expect any major changes to the login screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    It's possible that since they have two branches now, they won't really bother doing too much tuning for the PTR and will instead focus on the Beta client, especially trying to polish and balance the Covenant stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Sorry but there is no way we are getting it after the 29th, we already have Pre-patch on BG Downloader, and when that happens it is 1-2 weeks out
    Nah. BfA pre-patch was available on the background downloader 3 weeks before it went live.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=285206....und-downloader (June 26th)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_8.0.1 (July 17th)
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-17 at 01:28 AM.

I just need the pre-patch to hold off long enough for me to get Outland Loremaster finished.

Seems flagging might happen tomorrow.

Mueh'zala got a spicy theme

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Mueh'zala got a spicy theme

Same guy who composed the Zandalari music. Interesting, wonder if Bwonsamdi will get another theme?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    It's starting to look like there isn't going to be a beta build today.

Yeah At this point, I don't expect any major changes to the login screen.

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible that since they have two branches now, they won't really bother doing too much tuning for the PTR and will instead focus on the Beta client, especially trying to polish and balance the Covenant stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. BfA pre-patch was available on the background downloader 3 weeks before it went live.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=285206....und-downloader (June 26th)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_8.0.1 (July 17th)
    Hence why I said Usually, other pre-patches have been 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    DPS goes and come, but utility in dungeons with new mechanics AND affixes, tweaks to old ones, and with the new AoE caps I've barely read about that is hard and softcapped etc. Also the way you do damage in m+, ramp ups, cooldowns..
    Even when Balance druid in BFA didn't pump out so good AoE, and weren't in the MDI or the biggest keys, they just was such amazing to have with you with their best tank CD's in the game at the time with treants and AoE silence, mass roots, pushbacks, soothe, BR..
    Balance has even more CC in SL to boot. Something like half my skills is CC now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Xal'atath is just an empty vessel now... or at least, was, last we saw it.

I find it great that some of the best music in the expansion so far is by Grant Kirkhope. Not that he isn't a great composer (Viva Pinata is fantastic) but I would never have expected to have him on the wow music team.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post

Didn't expect so little so close to prepatch.
    all we have seen is the ptr patch. no actual shadowlands content tuning. im guessing tomorrow beta build will be bigger.

Best music in best zone.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say we have 1 more build for major class changes and then Rip. Once again they have run out of time.