Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Eikon was also the term used for the summons in FF9, it's not exclusive to FFXIV.
    FF9 used the term 'Eidolon'.

Looks good. It all depends on the combat for me. I generally enjoy almost all off the Final Fantasy games, but I gave up on 15 cause the combat i just hated it. Hell could even put up with corridor 13 with few complaints cause the combat was pretty still quite good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    You do know that FFXV was universally liked?
    Not universally, I wasn't myself a fan of it. Certainly playable, far from my favorite in the FF franchise. I know a few people who feel similarly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not universally, I wasn't myself a fan of it. Certainly playable, far from my favorite in the FF franchise. I know a few people who feel similarly.
    Sure, a more apt choice of word would be "generally" as the majority of the playerbase liked the game.

Is this Luminous Engine? It looks a lot like it. I doubt Crystal Tools is being used for this even though 14 uses it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Naoki Yoshida is legendary, the fact that he turned the failure that was FF14 into the powerhouse of an MMO that is FF14 today is nothing short of incredible.
    Buying this for PC as soon as I can

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    FF16 does look like a general return to form, and I'm definitely intrigued enough to play it. I'm hoping the combat system is similar to or a riff off of the one in FF7R, as I really enjoyed that one and it definitely melded well as a halfway point between traditional ATB RPG and a action-based set up.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Picking sites that generally review things higher than normal when paid to, ala Metacritic, isn't a viable source. Not only that they're borderline a PR firm, something they themselves have admitted to. Not a reliable source. And the way they convert user scores into a percentage metric is borderline false advertising. Which has been known for YEARS.

Selling 5 million copies is nothing when you've sold something like 150 million copies of your final fantasy series worldwide.

FF1 - 6 mil
    FF2 - 3 mil
    FF3 - 5 mil
    FF4 - 11 mil
    FF5 - 4 MIL
    FF6 - 11 MIL
    FF7 - 24 MIL ( Doesn't factor in remake )
    FF8 - 10 mil
    FF9 - 6 mil
    FF10 - 10 mil
    FF10-2 - 7 mil
    FF12 - 14 mil
    FF13 - 12.5 mil
    FF15 - 5* mil

Want to tell me again how its super popular and well-received, yet sales numbers and reviews don't show it? Yet has some of the lowest numbers in the series. Selling 5* million copies of a game is dog shit in comparison to other games.

https://gaminggorilla.com/best-selling-ps4-games/

And the above link provides global sale recording sources for their numbers. Being cheap in adding in the iOS spin-off to make the numbers look larger than they are is shady as fuck.

You can be rude all you want, but the facts are on my side. Get over it.

Okay these are all user reviews for FFXV
    Steam it has a Very Positive rating at 80% positive
    PS Store has 4 and a half stars
    Amazon it has 4 and a half stars

And for review sites
    IGN 8.2/10
    PC Gamer 78%
    Metacritic 85%

And FFXV has sold 8.9 million units not 5 million.

Sigh, another game in the "god I loved this franchise so much as a childhood I'll be stuck playing every main entry for the rest of my life" series Hopefully I enjoy this one a hell of a lot more than 10/12/13/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    FF16 does look like a general return to form, and I'm definitely intrigued enough to play it. I'm hoping the combat system is similar to or a riff off of the one in FF7R, as I really enjoyed that one and it definitely melded well as a halfway point between traditional ATB RPG and a action-based set up.
    I'm just curious, what about the trailer did you think was a move where they "return to form"?
    Don't get me wrong, I thought it looked alright but if it were not for the chocobos and the Aeons/spirits then I wouldn't really have been able to tell that it was a Final Fantasy game.

I'm just curious, what about the trailer did you think was a move where they "return to form"?
    Don't get me wrong, I thought it looked alright but if it were not for the chocobos and the Aeons/spirits then I wouldn't really have been able to tell that it was a Final Fantasy game.
    I don't know about you, but when I think of "Final Fantasy" I immediately think of generic pretty anime boys spinning and flipping with their superpowers. That's just classic FF!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't know about you, but when I think of "Final Fantasy" I immediately think of generic pretty anime boys spinning and flipping with their superpowers. That's just classic FF!
    eh, that's in my opinion just your average Japanese game. Not necessarily Final Fantasy.

eh, that's in my opinion just your average Japanese game. Not necessarily Final Fantasy.
    Sorry, I forgot the /s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    High fantasy, sword and sorcery, magic summons, etc. etc. A lot of the more recent FF games have been more modern, approaching sci-fi at times, albeit with the same general staples. FF15 for example could've been completely contemporary/modern with just a dash of magic tossed in. Not that this is a bad thing, but FF16 definitely seems to hearken back to the first FF games I played like FF5 (FF2 in the US) and FF6 (FF3 in the US).

I knew it was Final Fantasy the second they showed that guys eye, so 5 seconds into the trailer. Simply because those graphics scream FF. That's why I'm curious to know if this is the Luminous Engine. But even then FF7R also looked like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The dragoon. The malboro. The MC looks like the warrior of light from FF14.

It looked like FF from the get go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Not playing FF6 is a crime.
    Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually dont feel like its very ff either, but i really like how mature it seems as a change of pace

You see witcher inspiration, i see Final fantasy tactics inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Okay these are all user reviews for FFXV
    Steam it has a Very Positive rating at 80% positive
    PS Store has 4 and a half stars
    Amazon it has 4 and a half stars

And for review sites
    IGN 8.2/10
    PC Gamer 78%
    Metacritic 85%

And FFXV has sold 8.9 million units not 5 million.
    When people argue with you, but don't bother to read any of the sources you link, that are verified trusted sources. Then still tell you you're wrong.

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/73124/...xv/?region=All

Ah, I love stupid people.

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping that you wouldn't go down the "comparing 3 games to 1" route but It seems like you did. I am sorry for your parents, I really am.

And again have you found those numbers in someones ass or what? The only numbers regarding sales that we have available are:

FFX 8,5M
    FFX-2 5,5M
    FFX/X-2 Remaster 1,2M

FFXII 6,1M
    FFXII Zodiac Age 1M

FFXIII 7,7M
    FFXIII-2 3,6M
    FFXIII: LR 1,2M

FFXV 8,9M

As you can clearly see, FFXV sold more copies than any other major release, some by a large margin. These are the only numbers that we, the public, have access to.

No matter how you try to bend it, FFXV was a success, which was even said by the damn creators of the game. You not liking the game and trying to downplay the success is irrelevant.

You are more than welcome to actually look at the reviews on metacritic or any other site that collects all the reviews of different organisations. If you venture outside of your echo chamber then you will see that FFXV did receive, by a large margin, mostly favourable reviews by both organisations and the players. (not metascore)

I am seriously wondering if you're simply trolling at this point.
    Of course, the creators of the game think it was a success. When do folks bad mouth their own product? Jesus christ you're glib.

I already linked where I found the numbers, as well as the sources. One of the souces in the link I sent is the FF wiki page.

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/73124/...xv/?region=All

And, if you count the iOS games of FF15 and the DLC packs, then, and only then, did it sell almost 9 million copies. This has been confirmed multiple times.

A game selling 5 million copies is great, but that hardly makes it a success in terms of Final Fantasy.

Why are you people so fucking retarded?