Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might be an unpopular opinion but I actually don't find this a bad idea, if it were to lessen trade chat spam so I can actually read what people write in other channels without leaving trade chat, however I don't think it would make trade chat spam go away, not enough at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Sellers want to get as much exposure as possible. That wont stop them from posting everywhere.
    They will if people actually reported them. It's called spam. Don't sit there and take it. Do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I love when some people are like carries shouldn't exist, or it's paying someone to do content you can't. There are the few of us who pay for it, because we don't want to have foster personal relationships with our fellow players to enjoy the game. I'll pay for a group to do the content so I can enjoy and maximize my leisure time without having to sit in a discord and hear about someone's stupid cat, their kids, their theories on the game, I just want to leave the money on the dresser, and when we're done, they leave me alone, and I go on about my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    You are the poster child as to why carries are for bad players and a bad idea in general
    Taking shortcuts to get AOTC then go into runs and trash it because you dont know what you are doing.
    That's the RL fault not his. If the RL actually took the time to build a proper group instead of relying on achievements it wouldn't be a problem.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I disagree. Imagine using that argument against the Auction House for BoE gear or mounts. "If you can't get the drop you shouldn't be able to buy it. It just sets the scene for RMT." Gold is a currency, it should be supported as one. A lack of support for gold transactions is what sets the scenes for real money transactions.
    For the record I am 100% on board with BoE gear being capped at normal mode raid ilevel. It got really out of hand this expansion due to how OP certain corruptions were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So cocaine is popular enough to be a huge market, should we legalize that too? Just going by the same mindset...
    Probably. There are some studies that show that criminalization of drugs does society more harm then if it was legalised. Portugal has decriminalised almost all drugs and treat it as a health problem. They are starting to reap the benefits of this.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Probably. There are some studies that show that criminalization of drugs does society more harm then if it was legalised. Portugal has decriminalised almost all drugs and treat it as a health problem. They are starting to reap the benefits of this.
    We haven't even touched the benefits of coke use in the work place, and as a part of PED regime.

Right now, you're supposed to only advertise paid carries in Trade chat. But the Group Finder is fucking full of people selling carries for gold. So, here's my proposed solution:

• A tab in the Group Finder for paid carries.
    • As a carrier, you post what dungeon you'll be running, and the price, per boss.
    • As a buyer, you accept an invite by paying the gold instantly through that UI, like the AH. No need for an additional trade window.
    • Gold drops for the carrier along with the loot of each boss.
    • If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer in the mail.

Group Finder can go back to being an actual Group Finder in the main tab. Carry sellers can stop spamming Trade. Sellers are guaranteed to be paid by UI instead of the honor system. Ninjas are impossible. I see no flaws in this.
    As bad as the game is currently I completely disagree with this. The group carry for gold was never intended by the devs either. This would just be so much worse and it's bad enough now.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    They should ban all gold carries instead, imo.

Right now, you're supposed to only advertise paid carries in Trade chat. But the Group Finder is fucking full of people selling carries for gold. So, here's my proposed solution:

• A tab in the Group Finder for paid carries.
    • As a carrier, you post what dungeon you'll be running, and the price, per boss.
    • As a buyer, you accept an invite by paying the gold instantly through that UI, like the AH. No need for an additional trade window.
    • Gold drops for the carrier along with the loot of each boss.
    • If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer in the mail.

Group Finder can go back to being an actual Group Finder in the main tab. Carry sellers can stop spamming Trade. Sellers are guaranteed to be paid by UI instead of the honor system. Ninjas are impossible. I see no flaws in this.
    This is actually a great idea, fuck all these haters. its almost like being just come here to be contrary because they didnt think of it themselves. Email blizzard tho, if you want it to be seen.

Just need an option to remove them from the search list. Like right click and remove, so you dont have to see them everytime you refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Just need an option to remove them from the search list. Like right click and remove, so you dont have to see them everytime you refresh.
    Pro Tip: /ignore whoever posted it

Pro Tip: /ignore whoever posted it
    I don't think people remember that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They will if people actually reported them. It's called spam. Don't sit there and take it. Do something about it.
    Its not my job to do Blizzards job.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Might as well just sell those things on cash shop...
    Buy WoW token, spend the gold on carries in the Group Finder, ;D ;D

There maybe what 2 million serious WoW players left. Blizz destroyed the in-game communities and drove the vast majority of players off. All that's left is the gogogo impatient achievement min-maxer crowd. And that crowd buys lots of carries to try to get an edge. You ban selling carries and the WoW population will surely fall well under 1 million.

You might as well just shut the game down. You guys don't like people socializing in game and you also don't like super competitive people trying to get ahead. There's pretty much nothing left of the playerbase at this rate. You hate everyone.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They dont even like carries to begin with. Its an unsupported transaction and they wont even step in if someone "sells",you a carry and then doesn't go through with it. Heck, I've seen people say they were in a full pug of people buying a "carry". Then they fell apart and all left.

Point is, no. Its annoying enough as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    I love when some people are like carries shouldn't exist, or it's paying someone to do content you can't. There are the few of us who pay for it, because we don't want to have foster personal relationships with our fellow players to enjoy the game. I'll pay for a group to do the content so I can enjoy and maximize my leisure time without having to sit in a discord and hear about someone's stupid cat, their kids, their theories on the game, I just want to leave the money on the dresser, and when we're done, they leave me alone, and I go on about my business.
    sounds like prostitution. I was against it actually until I read your post. I was like are you going to fuck wow even more just because you want to see a few meaningful chat on general and trade? But then your post hit me. +1 carry services.

And how would i pay someone on another server?

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    And how would i pay someone on another server?
    Auction house should be made region wide anyway. I hope they connect even more realms so AHs get bigger and bigger.