Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes it is, when many companies claim 4k when its just checkerboard 1800p. I dont care personally, but its still technically a lie
    Have you seen AI upscaling in 2020? DLSS 2.0? Its nowhere near checkerboard rendering lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Have you seen AI upscaling in 2020? DLSS 2.0? Its nowhere near checkerboard rendering lol
    I'm still gonna be extremely skeptical when a company claims something. I would still wait for a df video before people start claiming which version is better

I'm still gonna be extremely skeptical when a company claims something. I would still wait for a df video before people start claiming which version is better

What we have now on PC, AMD hardware probably not too far off using directml

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post

What we have now on PC, AMD hardware probably not too far off using directml
    Im not arguing with you on the technical aspect. I'm ONLY talking about not trusting game companies when they claim something

10+ Year Old Account
    xd i just got a sony email to preorder from them
    Waiiit the Sony emails are coming too? Damn..gotta ask how much time do they give you to order?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Waiiit the Sony emails are coming too? Damn..gotta ask how much time do they give you to order?
    Starts friday at 10 and ends saturday while supplies last

Also snatched one on amazon

I am the ps5 queen

Got my amazon preorder so now I can go back to gamestop tomorrow and get my deposit back lol. Really didn't want to have to be at gamestop for a console launch in a pandemic so this is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Overall, sure. But remember that Game Pass is a secondary subscription. In isolation, it absolutely delivers plenty more value for the extra what, $300ish a year with its massive library of games. Sounds like a lot, but realistically with these services only a handful of titles might be of interest to any given subscriber so the hundred+ other titles have no real value.

But this comes at no added cost beyond the $100 yearly fee for PS+, and it's got some solid third party titles in there (MK, Arkham Knight, FFXV) to boot. We'll see if they expand the library or rotate games in/out at some point, but as-is it's solid as hell on top of the free PS+ games every month and other perks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say the more I think about it, the more Microsoft has to be kicking themselves with the Series S.

Sony is literally selling the same hardware, just without a disk, for $100 less than the Series X or disk version of PS5, and only $100 more than the stripped down Series S with weaker hardware. Sony's definitely going to be eating losses on the digital version and I sure as hell didn't expect the price to be $100 cheaper (I was expecting $50), but it makes a helluva compelling argument to shell out a bit more for the digital PS5.
    My view on the digital version was it pushes more purchases through the store which has better margin's than physical CDs (especially for shareable games) so the loss on the console will be mostly offset by them dominating you in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    My view on the digital version was it pushes more purchases through the store which has better margin's than physical CDs (especially for shareable games) so the loss on the console will be mostly offset by them dominating you in the store.
    It's being sold at a massive fucking loss and is a marketing ploy to have a cheap option. They clearly don't want to eat the loss on it in mass numbers and are controlling how many they make. Have you seen store allocations? 18-22 regular PS5s and 3-4 DEs. The base system might already be sold at a minor loss depending on BoM and you factor in they took out a $10 disc drive and slashed $100 off the price and yea...

The entire point of it is to say "starting at $399" but for the people looking for it, good luck finding it they will have a better shot at finding the $499 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think they killed it with the news today: great price points (and discless is same power as default system) and a few surprises like the new PS Plus, Demon's Souls and GoW Ragnarok.

Having said that I'm a bit puzzled that games like Horizon Forbidden West are for PS4 also. Didn't they kinda drag Microsoft over the coals for that, what with the 'generations matter' talk?

Like a big chunk of my excitement for HFW was that it was a 'from the ground up' next-gen sequel to one of my all-time favorite games. Now I'm worried that it will be, at its core, a PS4 game with some stuff that will be upscaled/enhanced for PS5. I'll play it regardless (I love HZD enough to have faith in the sequel) but the idea that it might not be everything it could be to accommodate the 'hesitant to upgrade' crowd... bleh.
    There are over a 100 million PS4 units out there, and Sony is aiming to have ~11 million PS5 units available by next March. Should be pretty self explanatory why they aren't going to launch games as popular as GoW, Spider Man or Horizon or keep then exclusive to the PS5 when they won't even be able to reach a fraction of their potential audience with such a limited amount of Hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starts friday at 10 and ends saturday while supplies last

Also snatched one on amazon

I am the ps5 queen
    Got one myself..hitting up gamestop tomorrow in hopes they have more to order..if not hitting sony on friday..gods i hope i get one at one of these places

10+ Year Old Account
    Snagged a copy at Amazon as well. Tried my local Gamestop, but they were sold out at 7 PM. Tbh blessing in disguise though. Don't wanna wait outside for a console during a pandemic.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say I think we need some more info on the console itself. Will I be able to play all my PS Plus games that I have on my PS4 on the PS5? Will the PS5 play PS4 games at, at least a PS4 Pro level? I want to trade in my PS4 Pro, but I'm holding off at the moment until I get those answers.

Still no news on support for additional regions/countries. My PS4 is collecting dust because I'm just annoyed I can't register an account in my country and just use my card to buy games.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely a buy for me, a 4k capable machine with some decent exclusives early on for €400 and a controller included seems like a no-brainer honestly.

I just don't know when I'll get it though, GT7 is for me a big deciding factor for a day 1 buy if it proves to be a return to form.

Demon's Souls seems great graphically and they nailed the atmosphere but some gameplay mechanics from the showcasing irked me.

Horizon Forbidden West looks like it will come to pc, and judging how much better that game is with a mouse and keyboard, I'll likely pass.

Ratchet and Clank and Spiderman, I will likely get them on discount later on.

Sony did really good with the pricing, even though games will get more expensive. They will likely suffer losses early on from each console sold. I guess Nvidia and likely AMD if the Big Navi rumors are true are breathing down Sony's neck for 4k dominance. I don't even consider Microsoft competition at all, at least for myself. No exclusives, the naming fiasco, etc, it's just a pc masquerading as a console, and I already have one.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-09-17 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    £100 for a DVD drive? Sign me up..

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    There are over a 100 million PS4 units out there, and Sony is aiming to have ~11 million PS5 units available by next March. Should be pretty self explanatory why they aren't going to launch games as popular as GoW, Spider Man or Horizon or keep then exclusive to the PS5 when they won't even be able to reach a fraction of their potential audience with such a limited amount of Hardware.
    God of War is exclusive to PS5. It's literally Sackboy, Miles, and Horizon that are cross gen. 3 games. Demon's Souls is PS5 only, GoW is PS5 only, GT7 is PS5 only, Ratchet is PS5 only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the preorder sold out everywhere already within minutes lol.

I-I guess I can wait.

I got mine with Currys after queuing for 2 hours online.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    God of War is exclusive to PS5. It's literally Sackboy, Miles, and Horizon that are cross gen. 3 games. Demon's Souls is PS5 only, GoW is PS5 only, GT7 is PS5 only, Ratchet is PS5 only.
    But Sony said they plan on bringing more first party titles to PC this gen too so likely it is all moot. They realize that the PC gaming market dwarves literally all console generations until now combined (since the 70's) and it is absurdly stupid to keep all of them on one platform forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    While normally I'd agree with quite a bit of that, they actually criticized Microsoft for doing the same thing. So... yeah.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.