Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    thanks mate. I really think Shaman is the sleeper spec for PVE (my focus). i plan on getting back into wow more with the new expansion. I played since ICC too and yeah when i could i would not bring disc priests to my raid just so I could actually pull good numbers. The way their kit works is just plain toxic to every other healer and they look way better than what they actually are. I've seen a lot of shadowlands videos and it's clear that no one really understands the spec anymore and just play it as an alt.

Unless they make changes though necrolord shaman is going to dominate among people who know how to use it. The healing stream conduit and tidal core legendary will make chain heal just plain obsolete. Back in uldir i didn't even use the mana hog in luei of downpour and wave. It took some skill to use right but it was absolutely massive and cheap to maintain. While i love chain heal i want to see it deleted from the game along side our mastery. but our mastery isn't as bad as some healers (mistweaver in particular) so i guess i can't argue. But man i gamble with my raid's health a lot.
    Resto Shaman has not changed a whole lot since the end of BC and even then we just lost spell ranks.

Since I do not raid or really play much anymore outside of questing/raid finder when I have some time I chose Ardenweald because I liked the mount. However, today I was reading the change notes and looked at Primordial wave more and realized that it was far better than I initially thought and will likely pick it on Live.

Shaman without Chain Heal just does not sound right, they might nerf it into the ground but I do not think they will remove it. That would be like removing Chain Lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika View Post
    Resto Shaman has not changed a whole lot since the end of BC and even then we just lost spell ranks.

Since I do not raid or really play much anymore outside of questing/raid finder when I have some time I chose Ardenweald because I liked the mount. However, today I was reading the change notes and looked at Primordial wave more and realized that it was far better than I initially thought and will likely pick it on Live.

Shaman without Chain Heal just does not sound right, they might nerf it into the ground but I do not think they will remove it. That would be like removing Chain Lighting.
    yeah i have been doing my theorycrafting and PW is #1 in raids with Chain Harvest (rch) is #1 in mythic dungeons (because of the damage). For overall healing PW seems to be the go to but i won't know until final numbers are posted.

Side note
    when did the community become so toxic? I voiced 1 unpopular opinion about a talent with my logical proof and got attacked nonstop and banned from the discord. Granted I don't understand most people to understand chaos theory, opportunity costs, and realistic multitasking but come on. There are so many trolls and reverse trolls I've lost all respect for Ancestral Guidance.

yeah i have been doing my theorycrafting and PW is #1 in raids with Chain Harvest (rch) is #1 in mythic dungeons (because of the damage). For overall healing PW seems to be the go to but i won't know until final numbers are posted.

Side note
    when did the community become so toxic? I voiced 1 unpopular opinion about a talent with my logical proof and got attacked nonstop and banned from the discord. Granted I don't understand most people to understand chaos theory, opportunity costs, and realistic multitasking but come on. There are so many trolls and reverse trolls I've lost all respect for Ancestral Guidance.
    I feel it man. I got a lot of flak for saying that I didn't like the standard Ele build everyone has been using in BfA, and that I had opted to use something else. I also got a lot of flak back in the day when I would say how I felt our mastery was pretty crap and crit was a far better stat to stack, which is pretty ironic, seeing as crit is now the stat everyone says is our bread and butter. But, I just shrug and move along lol.

Side note
    when did the community become so toxic? I voiced 1 unpopular opinion about talent with my logical proof and got attacked nonstop and banned from the discord. Granted I don't understand most people to understand chaos theory, opportunity costs, and realistic multitasking but come on. There are so many trolls and reverse trolls I've lost all respect for Ancestral Guidance.
    I am not sure that the community became more toxic It was always pretty toxic I just think there is more people who think they are good because the game became easier. I have always kind of done my own thing and had people tell me what I was doing was wrong. it's hard to say how good my own way is any more since I am not raiding and I am less than casual. But I clearly noticed that PW just by reading it and my playstyle will be pretty good at least where you can predict healing high dmg output.

I am not sure that the community became more toxic It was always pretty toxic I just think there is more people who think they are good because the game became easier. I have always kind of done my own thing and had people tell me what I was doing was wrong. it's hard to say how good my own way is any more since I am not raiding and I am less than casual. But I clearly noticed that PW just by reading it and my playstyle will be pretty good at least where you can predict healing high dmg output.
    Game is not easier honestly.

The proof is right there, Classic was actually the easiest of all expansions and got ROFL stomped by people who now know how to play.

Current end game raiding is not easy, and is more min max then ever before. Doesn't mean its hard, just not easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

The proof is right there, Classic was actually the easiest of all expansions and got ROFL stomped by people who now know how to play.

Current end game raiding is not easy, and is more min max then ever before. Doesn't mean its hard, just not easier.
    Not speaking about Classic. However, BC was def harder then WOTLK - MOP. WOD was fairly easy as well mostly pugg-able. I did not raid much of legion or BFA so I can not speak for those. The only thing about classic that was “harder” was leveling and by harder I mean time consuming.

Not speaking about Classic. However, BC was def harder then WOTLK - MOP. WOD was fairly easy as well mostly pugg-able. I did not raid much of legion or BFA so I can not speak for those. The only thing about classic that was “harder” was leveling and by harder I mean time consuming.

I don't think anything in BC was harder than Alone in the Dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

i agree game has slowly gotten harder and hit a plateau. Mythic raiding is about mental bandwidth and compressing it down to human limits. Furthermore gear systems are more intricate and require work on multiple fronts. Also requiring many post game theorycrafting tools due to variability.

What's easier is access. LFR etc makes it easier for people to progress through those systems.