I got the biggest weapon enchant on PTR!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-17 at 05:13 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'd say we have 1 more build for major class changes and then Rip. Once again they have run out of time.
    It was RIP as soon as they started to re-prune stuff.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say we have 1 more build for major class changes and then Rip. Once again they have run out of time.
    No matter how long they'll wait, they run out of time for some spec, it's impossible to satisfy all. What they need is to embrace big class changes for select classes for patches like they did with to some extent in Legion (of course between seasons). Working on classes - not only balance, but also mechanics - should be ongoing process, not few months window every 2 years.

But to be honest, I really hope Ion comment from two years ago (when he said they don't want to change classes during expac) was just cynical, because he knew that fixing and revamping max level structure for BfA will take all resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    No Sindragosa, deads, undeads on login screen
    Good. Both BfA and SL login screens are simple and elegant, not 10 random shit flying and screaming at you when you launch the game.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-09-17 at 06:07 AM.

Balancing will once again happen during public beta, aka. live. Nothing new really, that is just expected and probably planned, especially seeing how the beta is set up in many ways and how little sensible data can be gleamed from it by everyone just trolling with old upscaled gear. Some of the classes were broken for large stretches of the beta as well, looking at WW or survival here, so very little actual testing was done on them. In general alot of the things apparently were and some still are broken to the extend that I have to wonder how they could learn anything from it. That being said, they have decoupled PTR and Beta, so the PTR build doesn't mean much, other than we might get a few pointless tweaks via datamining. A beta build could still be happening, so I wouldn't be all doom and gloom yet (a hefty doese of cynicism should be enough).

I feel like Blizzard should at least adopt a periodic improvement system, like many smaller businesses adopt to improve their work place in fixed intervalls. A year has 12 months and we have twelve classes. Just let an intern lose on each class for one month a year and get some evaluation and changes in over the course of a year. In that time they only look at one class, catch up with all the stuff the community has already published about it, maybe look for a dialogue here or there and then take some action or at least put it on a list for future bulk changes. Some of the changes, which were immediately taken back (thankfully), have shown to me that Blizzard has no dedicated carer for the classes, because some of these changes would never happen with anyone who actually plays/knows the class in many situations and they clearly did not understand the underlying issue with some things. And before the white knights come in - no this is not about wanting "my" changes - this is about simply not fixing the issue with some of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It was RIP as soon as they started to re-prune stuff.
    The whole unpruning was mostly a fail since with a few good exceptions (e.g. AMZ) it was mostly a checkbox that needed to be ticked, no matter if it made sense or not. Arguably it even lead to some really bad design in some cases for hybrids, because these unpruned abilities were used as focal points for class-wide abilities, despite them not working properly for all specs.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-09-17 at 06:47 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I feel like Blizzard should at least adopt a periodic improvement system, like many smaller businesses adopt to improve their work place in fixed intervalls. A year has 12 months and we have twelve classes. Just let an intern lose on each class for one month a year and get some evaluation and changes in over the course of a year. In that time they only look at one class, catch up with all the stuff the community has already published about it, maybe look for a dialogue here or there and then take some action or at least put it on a list for future bulk changes. Some of the changes, which were immediately taken back (thankfully), have shown to me that Blizzard has no dedicated carer for the classes, because some of these changes would never happen with anyone who actually plays/knows the class in many situations and they clearly did not understand the underlying issue with some things. And before the white knights come in - no this is not about wanting "my" changes - this is about simply not fixing the issue with some of them.
    What I think is really lacking is for the devs to have at least one deep dive into each spec per revamp, no matter how small. That way they can if nnot placate whoever has the most problems at least give an ide of what they want the class to be.

For instance, currently Unholy DK has a very boring base rotation of Festering strike followed by a couple Scourge strikes, I am sure many would prefer this to be updated though Blizzard could argue that this base rotation beign so boring is to create a steady rhytm of the spec, or that the talents are meant to bolster it.
    That way, we can at least argue the merits and flaws of the spec from a similar standpoint of at least knowing what it is supposed to be like, giving more focused feedback on for instance the talents.

To go back to MM this is one of the biggest weaknesses of this dev cycle. We have no clue whether the playstyle that makes us ignore our procs is even intended, or whether wee simply play the class completely wrong.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It's most likely going to be changed later when enough people complain and an intern has some spare time .
    No seriously though, this stuff is usually taken care of later when they realize what they broke when going from one expansion to the other. Currently even old dungeon scaling hasn't been adjusted last time I checked. There is also island farming that some people would probably like to be able to do solo since they put ALOT of transmog and pet stuff in there.
    Yeah good point regarding Islands. As you say I'm sure it will be addressed. Perhaps in 9.1. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    For instance, currently Unholy DK has a very boring base rotation of Festering strike followed by a couple Scourge strikes, I am sure many would prefer this to be updated though Blizzard could argue that this base rotation beign so boring is to create a steady rhytm of the spec, or that the talents are meant to bolster it....
    I don't know, have you tried Balance Druid? It's the most mind-numbing spec I've ever played and Shadowlands somehow made it even worse. Compared to Balance Unholy is a blast. Some specs are even worse than their BfA counterparts, it's actually really funny that they achieved this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't know, have you tried Balance Druid? It's the most mind-numbing spec I've ever played and Shadowlands somehow made it even worse. Compared to Balance Unholy is a blast. Some specs are even worse than their BfA counterparts, it's actually really funny that they achieved this.
    Not that Unholy is the worst or anything, just trying to point out that the base spec being boring could be by design, in which case arguing it being boring is pointless, which is why we should get developer notes on what they want the spec to be like.
    In the case of a spec being boring it could be because they want talents to spice it up, in which case feedback that the talents are not interesting would be useful, or it could be that they have misjudged some part of the rotation like not realizing that players are trying to weave in an ability that they shouldnt have to.

Without targeted developer notes it is difficult to know what could be improved about the spec.

The revendreth video got uploaded early by mistake

They privated the vid but the link still works

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-17 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Removed Fake Link

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

--- snip ---
    Well that was certainly was intersting.
    Wonder what the long term implications of these developments are.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-17 at 03:08 PM.

--- snip ---
    Wow, so Garrosh did get redeemed huh?
    Cant wait to see how he ended up with Sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Hey now. Remember spoiler tags. Don't want to spoil what happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Interesting to see the glimpse of Anduin at the end .... maybe Garrosh will rescue him from Torghast?^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

--- snip ---
    They left best Afterlives for last, definitely.

A lot of nice tracks.

There is also a login soundtrack called "Sylvanas FreeWill" or something like that, I hope that doesn't mean Sylvanas gets redeemed or I will be so pissed.

So.. do we know if the max level covenant campaign will be time gated or not? I keep hearing different things in that regard.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So.. do we know if the max level covenant campaign will be time gated or not? I keep hearing different things in that regard.
    From what I have heard it sort of is. Supposedly it is gated behind Renown, which would mean you are limited by how much you can farm.

Are all these mounts locked behind becoming a cultist member of the covenant though? I think a bunch will be optainable by everyone, otherwise Blizzard would just piss away potential content. The sinrunner blanchey for example is a quest for everyone, isn't it?
    Some mounts are, but others aren't. Each zone has a faction that you can gain rep with from what I've seen, even if you aren't a member of the covenant of that zone. To use Ardenweald as an example, the Wild Hunt is that faction. At exalted you can buy one of the moth mounts.

At least, that's how I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From what I have heard it sort of is. Supposedly it is gated behind Renown, which would mean you are limited by how much you can farm.
    Ah, as I feared. Any word on what level is needed for the last of the campaign?