Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wanted toys, TCG cards and more video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    ​As in what did you dream of owning or doing?

​i wanted to go on holiday in Denmark , never happened.
    to have siblings - as i was the only child.

thats why i plan to have 3-4 kids no kid should grow up alone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    A better internet connection/computer and I always kind of wanted to get a hot tub for the house but now as an adult who could actually do that I think "ehh the maintenance though."

Had a whole LEGO phase as a kid that was definitely expensive on the parents but as video games took the world by storm we both mutually realized I'd get a better fun investment spending $30 on a video game I'd play obsessively for like 5 months over $30 on a LEGO I'd build and then just put on the shelf and want the other 5 of the set. (Ah, Bionicles.)
    see that was your mistake :P:P:P i never put mine on shelves - only was combinding sets and building entirely new stuff :P:P:P:P

jezus LEGO were fun :P would totes play it even as adoult ;P if i had time and nothign better to do they still are in my basement waiting for my kids.

A place to play basketball all day.

We had the school playground but the thing is we had no end...we could be playing for hours and hours so the day we had no training or the moment we ended training we wanted to keep on playing and the school facilities were closed ( no adult wanted to expend every evening there).

These were no suburbs so ,that image of the basket up the door garage? Forget about that and the public playgrounds were always crowded by way older people and adults so it was basically useless trying to play there.

So we opted for jumping the school's walls after closing but the janitor ,whose house was inside the school, he lived in the facilities with his family , was not happy about it. He did not wanted to "be responsible for us" but the answer "Dude! what responsibility are you talking about ? We are not doing any hurt to anyone. You know us. You know we study here. We don't bother anyone....we even bring our own ball so you can forget about us" did not stick.

It did not stop us. We keep on jumping the walls but it's impossible to play "quiet basketball" so sooner of later the janitor came and kicked out our asses until , bored of us the crazy motherfucker got a fucking doberman to let it loose in the playground when the school closed. The first time we heard the barks..."Wait...what's that?" and we see a huge black dog running at us ...well....we run so fast and jumped so high we could have qualified for the olympics. We had 11 years so we saw this even normal but with the time and perspective of the years...WoW just WoW...the guy was totally nuts. Just imagine the dog catch one of us and really hurt him. Imagine explaining the parents association that you throwed a killing machine at 11 yo kids for the horrible sin of playing in their own school. Well shit hit the fan ,the school management went crazy about it (obviously) and the guy almost got fired but the conclussion is that we could not jump the walls anymore under the threat of being expelled.

So we "bought" a basket ( just the backboard with two hooks on the back and the hoop ) and found an abandoned factory where we could hang up the basket on a window and play. It was far away ( 30 minutes of walking) but worked for a year until the place got infested with yonkies and when the parents found out we were sharing the place with this "peculiar" population they weren't happy and again our playground got fucked again.

So..what did I want as a child? Just a fucking place with concrete in the floor and a place to hang up the basket. Nothing extraordinaire.

Fast internet. I was born in the wrong decade. My kids are growing up with Google Fiber. I had 28k then 56k etc. I used to take my TV, Xbox, etc into the Kitchen and set them up on the Table (mere feet away from the PC) just so I could play Halo 2 online. My kids can be at the neighbors house and still wreck noobs in Fortnite

A pet dinosaur.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some friends. Still working on that.

A vic-64, then I got it and was happy the rest of my childhood. Who needs friends when you have games, its same now over 30 years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I ever wanted was to be healthy - I have a mild haemophilia.

Since childhood, I wanted a cool car. Now this is also my dream

Videogames. Never had any while my parents were married, as my mom was deeply opposed to videogames in all forms. The day their divorce was finalized, my dad bought a secondhand NES from his friend who had just bought his kids a SNES.

Later I wanted an N64, which I never got. When my dad got remarried, he immediately bought one for his stepkids.

Really hammered home what a shit person he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

I grew up as a gamer since the Atari 2600. I was pretty spoilt getting all the consoles, even obscure ones like the 3D0, CD-i and Neo.Geo systems as well as PCs, Atari ST and such.

So pretty much got what I wanted...

I can’t remember. I don’t think I wanted anything in particular. I guess I just wanted a lot of money so I could buy whatever else I wanted.

I went to a family camp site in South Wales in the UK and they had a gaming room with a few dance mats, pool tables and arcade machines. I would literally spend as much time as I could in there playing the spiderman pinball machine. I wanted one so bad I asked for it 2 years in a row for christmas and was told "its too big to fit down the chimney"

I found the near enough exact same machine: https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pi...l-machine.html
    Something tells me it wasnt the fact it wouldn't fit down the chimney... £6k christmas list for a 8 year old

Was more than happy with the spiderman ps2 game as a substitute, best ps2 game of all time

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted a computer, those were the day's were 286's were still on sale, and didn't even knew how to use one. Then i learned MS-DOS, more or less at the same time (around 16) i started working with a 386, and around 18 i got my own computer, a intel Pentium 233mmx.