Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Auction house should be made region wide anyway. I hope they connect even more realms so AHs get bigger and bigger.
    Absolutely not. The game needs to return to in-game communities that are server specific. You are making the game worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    I love when some people are like carries shouldn't exist, or it's paying someone to do content you can't. There are the few of us who pay for it, because we don't want to have foster personal relationships with our fellow players to enjoy the game. I'll pay for a group to do the content so I can enjoy and maximize my leisure time without having to sit in a discord and hear about someone's stupid cat, their kids, their theories on the game, I just want to leave the money on the dresser, and when we're done, they leave me alone, and I go on about my business.
    LOL you don't pay them for carries. You pay them to leave.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I call bullshit.. but tell yourself whatever you like.
    Work more play less.
    Or stay rich irl by not wasting irl money on something you can get super ez by boosting someone. But go right ahead use your irl money to buy tokens it will benefit me in the long run.

I mean, I think that gold boosts are good. Compare it to real life. You cant make a table? You pay the money you earned, and you get the table. Noone says "if you can't make the table by yourself, you don't deserve it".
    Just op doesn't make much sense and his idea is not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    And how would i pay someone on another server?
    I hadn't considered this one. Limit that tab to server+connections only? That's what Trade chat does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Just op doesn't make much sense and his idea is not that good.
    Sorry I'm not being clear

What about the idea isn't good?

What fix would you suggest to the problem of paid spam in the Group Finder? Beyond "ban them" I mean

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Right now, you're supposed to only advertise paid carries in Trade chat. But the Group Finder is fucking full of people selling carries for gold. So, here's my proposed solution:

• A tab in the Group Finder for paid carries.
    • As a carrier, you post what dungeon you'll be running, and the price, per boss.
    • As a buyer, you accept an invite by paying the gold instantly through that UI, like the AH. No need for an additional trade window.
    • Gold drops for the carrier along with the loot of each boss.
    • If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer in the mail.

Group Finder can go back to being an actual Group Finder in the main tab. Carry sellers can stop spamming Trade. Sellers are guaranteed to be paid by UI instead of the honor system. Ninjas are impossible. I see no flaws in this.
    Id love this, but Blizzard is too incompetent to make it, and would rather ignore the problem and treat the symptoms instead.

Can then also be stricter on people advertising outside of that spot, just auto mute ppl advertising in General/Trade or other parts of LFG
    Making it safer for the buyer is also a good thing, can save em for being scammed by either scammers or bad boosters.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Or stay rich irl by not wasting irl money on something you can get super ez by boosting someone. But go right ahead use your irl money to buy tokens it will benefit me in the long run.
    Time=Money
    So you are saying spending time in game to earn gold to buy a token is better than paying for it IRL.
    Tokens are 130k. dungeon carry is what.. 100k 150k? divided among 4 people to carry 5th, with a dungeon run time average of 30 min.
    So you are making 25-37k per run. So figure on the upper end you have to run 4 carries, if you could do them back to back to back to back, thats 2+ hours.
    Ya, that makes zero sense to me. Ill work my 1 hour IRL to cover 4 months of sub and spend my time in game not having to deal with all the BS.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    sounds like prostitution. I was against it actually until I read your post. I was like are you going to fuck wow even more just because you want to see a few meaningful chat on general and trade? But then your post hit me. +1 carry services.
    Exactly like prostitution, and legal prostitution (brothels) generate almost 100 million of taxable revenue for rural counties in my home-state of Nevada. If they created a market place like the author of this thread suggested, you could make it a reliable gold sink in game.

Time=Money
    So you are saying spending time in game to earn gold to buy a token is better than paying for it IRL.
    Tokens are 130k. dungeon carry is what.. 100k 150k? divided among 4 people to carry 5th, with a dungeon run time average of 30 min.
    So you are making 25-37k per run. So figure on the upper end you have to run 4 carries, if you could do them back to back to back to back, thats 2+ hours.
    Ya, that makes zero sense to me. Ill work my 1 hour IRL to cover 4 months of sub and spend my time in game not having to deal with all the BS.
    i get 150k an hour boosting 2v2, doing something i would have been doing in first place as i enjoy queing with randoms in lfg just to see different comps and people as a way to chill out on my alts instead of pushing rating on my main. Im not saying i couldnt earn more im saying i get double the efficiency by getting payed for time i would have already spend doing this.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-09-17 at 03:22 PM.

Ok.. Lets start by thinking this through.
    Gallywix is a business. Businesses are there for one reason, to make money. Money not in game gold. So they do sell carries for Real world currency, but the majority of it is for in game gold. Why in the hell would they need millions upon millions of gold in game? Hmmm.. only one reason. They sell it to Chinese Gold Sellers for Cash.

Oh ya. Here is where Blizzard banned a boatload of accounts tied to Gallywix.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/08/06...ix-banned-rmt/

So tell me again how they legit.

No one can be that Naive.
    no one is that naive. everybody knows there will always be a % of illicit trades going on. (and yes in absolute terms that is of course a much bigger amount of money after the token than before the token)

but it's just as naive to think that the guys who run you through a +15 or mythic raid are getting real money out of it.

it was like 6-12 guys who got significant amounts of money out of gallywix iirc, and only the one is some poor country could make a living of it.

All these people that use what they have earned to pay for carries because they aren't good enough/willing/don't feel like trying to do the content themselves are shameful. Not only should we ban carries, let's ban all transactions in life where we work for a currency and use it so someone else can do the work we don't want:

No one should be able to pay for someone else to grow/produce/provide/prepare food. How ridiculous that everyone has to pay someone else for that.
    How dare people earn a currency and then use it to pay for a car instead of learning to build their own vehicle.
    Crazy that as a society we allow people to use they currency they earn in one job and then use it to pay someone else to mow their lawn. All these lazy non-lawn mowers.

In fact, let's get rid of economy altogether. Everyone must do the work to provide everything they want themselves, and we should completely eliminate all currencies in life and specialization in the economy.

Oh wait, that's dumb. So instead let the guy that earns enough by doing one thing to have the freedom to use it to pay for something else, you know, like we do in every aspect of life. Who gives a shit if I work 60 hours a week and want to then buy gold and use it to go through Mythic? Who cares if someone farms gold all day and uses it to pay for PvP Rating? So what if someone wants their career/side hustle to be getting paid to play a videogame?

15+ Year Old Account
    i get 150k an hour boosting 2v2
    Thats not bad. I mean I get that for some folks this is how they pay for their subs, but I still believe its a detriment to the game.
    @KrimzinOG

Thats not bad. I mean I get that for some folks this is how they pay for their subs, but I still believe its a detriment to the game.
    I dont pay my sub with it tbf i enjoy wow so i dont mind paying for it, But im not against people who do we all have things to figure out for ourselves i dont hold it against someone if they boost to pay their sub. I believe having an active community trumps trying to root these people out. Because an active community is what keeps a game alive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont pay my sub with it tbf i enjoy wow so i dont mind paying for it, But im not against people who do we all have things to figure out for ourselves i dont hold it against someone if they boost to pay their sub. I believe having an active community trumps trying to root these people out. Because an active community is what keeps a game alive.
    Its a good way to look at it. I just get tired of all day everyday spams. Its like seeing a drug dealer selling next to your home everyday. I dont want either, but I only have control over one of them.
    @KrimzinOG

There is no way to stop it unless they change how PvP works. If they removed the ability to pay gold for it, players would then go to a black market and pay real life money for it. Blizzard decided to just legalize it by creating a WoW token you can buy with real life money and convert into gold, which can then be spent on carries. Effectively, its like legalizing drugs and taxing them to at least get a share of the money from it.

You'd have to limit the ability to earn rewards from random pug PvP play. You'd also have to limit the ability to add members to established teams.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They would just double post in both group finders, no?

I report every single advertisement I see in the group finder when I log in. It's very cathartic. This includes all the 3 viewer "streamers" that think it's cute to link their Twitch in the description.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-09-17 at 08:36 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

This is assissinine. They should just be outlawed. If you cant do the content then you shouldn't be able to buy it.It just sets the scene for RMT.
    Totally agree, but this community man. I don't even know what to say anymore. They were brought up in a society where money buys convenience and playing the games doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Auction house should be made region wide anyway. I hope they connect even more realms so AHs get bigger and bigger.
    Regionwide ah sounds fun. Ever tried posting anything on a high pop server? Undercuts happen within 20 sec. That'll work well regionwide.

I'll do you one better.

There should be a Group Finder for FREE carries.

I will explain. When players wishing to be carried, they queue into the desired instance. They can then be grouped up with a group of say, 9 players wishing to carry the 1 player. The 9 players are rewarded handsomely with let's say, gold and in-game currency. Call it a Good Samaritans rewards, and the player that gets carried gets to reap the rewards and achievements like gear and mounts that comes with not having to do anything, and sip Mountain Dew while the 9 experienced players do the hard work.

This is assissinine. They should just be outlawed. If you cant do the content then you shouldn't be able to buy it.It just sets the scene for RMT.
    EXACTLY! thats why all BOE loot should be removed from the game!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    just make it against the TOS and ban them.
    Now all you need to do is explain how you would enforce this.