Negative effects from corruption stealth increased?

I noticed that since last weekly reset, the average times of a Thing from Beyond spawning seems to have increased significantly.

Running with 40 corruption, yet in a simple Freehold +15 it spawned like 3-4 per minute, and loads of circles too.

I know it's RNG, but i did quite a few dungeons and it was the same overall. It's wayyyyy worse than when i was running with 59 corruption weeks ago for example

Anyone else noticing it as well?

They are removing corruption in prepatch that hits next week. No reason to do this. Easy on the tinfoil.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Onyxia breaths more too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They are removing corruption in prepatch that hits next week. No reason to do this. Easy on the tinfoil.
    I still think it's an interesting topic for the future considering how Blizzard have handled PVP scaling. They are not showing the players how much damage they actually do. You can do a 200k attack (with the combat text actually showing 200k) on a target with 80k health and the target doesn't die. That makes no sense. And Blizzard can just make "stealth changes" like this without telling anyone. So even though I agree that the specific corruption effects aren't very relevant anymore, I still think the general topic of "stealth changes" and "hidden changes" is very relevant. We always want Blizzard to be more transparent with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I still think it's an interesting topic for the future considering how Blizzard have handled PVP scaling. They are not showing the players how much damage they actually do. You can do a 200k attack (with the combat text actually showing 200k) on a target with 80k health and the target doesn't die. That makes no sense. And Blizzard can just make "stealth changes" like this without telling anyone. So even though I agree that the specific corruption effects aren't very relevant anymore, I still think the general topic of "stealth changes" and "hidden changes" is very relevant. We always want Blizzard to be more transparent with these things.
    That has to do with PvP scaling. Nothing stealthy about it at all. I don't know enough about PvP to go deep into it however.

That has to do with PvP scaling. Nothing stealthy about it at all. I don't know enough about PvP to go deep into it however.
    It is "stealthy" to some degree that the damage you do isn't equal to the damage you are shown.

PVP scaling in a tinfoil hat topic about "RNG is RNG".. want a tinfoil hat as well?

It is "stealthy" to some degree that the damage you do isn't equal to the damage you are shown.
    I don't agree, but if that's how you want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    PVP scaling in a tinfoil hat topic about "RNG is RNG".. want a tinfoil hat as well?
    The PVP combat numbers have been proven to be wrong. Nothing tinfoil about that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree, but if that's how you want to see it.
    You don't agree that Blizzard are showing faulty numbers or...?

You don't agree that Blizzard are showing faulty numbers or...?
    I don't agree that it's stealthy. As i said, I don't know enough to go deep into to argue either way. I could research it to refresh my memory and explain it to you...but I don't feel like it. Hence I just leave it at that. I'm not gonna try and convince you.

I don't agree that it's stealthy. As i said, I don't know enough to go deep into to argue either way. I could research it to refresh my memory and explain it to you...but I don't feel like it. Hence I just leave it at that. I'm not gonna try and convince you.
    You don't have to research. There have been made plenty of videos by prominent PVP players about this issue. It has been proven so it's no really a matter of opinion. The number shown by the combat text doesn't correspond to the actual numbers in PVP. This has been proven by multiple "PVP Experts" now.

It's stealthy in the way that we as players don't know the "how much exactly, what's scaling, ...." behind the scenes. You even say you don't have anything yourself to go deeper, that's because blizzard didn't give any official informations. All we got are some theorycrafter that found some (not almost exactly) numbers.
    It's a fact that higher geared people do less dmg on lower geared people, because of this hidden scaling - and you can't read about it ingame.

You don't have to research. There have been made plenty of videos by prominent PVP players about this issue. It has been proven so it's no really a matter of opinion. The number shown by the combat text doesn't correspond to the actual numbers in PVP. This has been proven by multiple "PVP Experts" now.
    You arguing something I didn't refute. I know it shows different numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It's stealthy in the way that we as players don't know the "how much exactly, what's scaling, ...." behind the scenes. You even say you don't have anything yourself to go deeper, that's because blizzard didn't give any official informations. All we got are some theorycrafter that found some (not almost exactly) numbers.
    It's a fact that higher geared people do less dmg on lower geared people, because of this hidden scaling - and you can't read about it ingame.
    Yes it's a fact, didn't refute it was.

Personally I think that it's bad. If the combat text shows 200 damage then the enemy should lose 200 health. Simple transparent design that all people can understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it's a fact, didn't refute it was.
    Na, you didn't, but you say there is nothing stealthy, when it is :P

Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    I noticed that since last weekly reset, the average times of a Thing from Beyond spawning seems to have increased significantly.

Running with 40 corruption, yet in a simple Freehold +15 it spawned like 3-4 per minute, and loads of circles too.

I know it's RNG, but i did quite a few dungeons and it was the same overall. It's wayyyyy worse than when i was running with 59 corruption weeks ago for example

Anyone else noticing it as well?
    Thing from beyond has a chance to spawn when you take damage... it's Grievious week.