Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the visuals of it but this action combat system or whatever it is just ruins these rpg's for me. FF12 was probably the last one I had fun with the combat and 13 was ok. But basically 10 and back I loved them all more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    When people argue with you, but don't bother to read any of the sources you link, that are verified trusted sources. Then still tell you you're wrong.

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/73124/...xv/?region=All

Ah, I love stupid people.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, the creators of the game think it was a success. When do folks bad mouth their own product? Jesus christ you're glib.

I already linked where I found the numbers, as well as the sources. One of the souces in the link I sent is the FF wiki page.

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/73124/...xv/?region=All

And, if you count the iOS games of FF15 and the DLC packs, then, and only then, did it sell almost 9 million copies. This has been confirmed multiple times.

A game selling 5 million copies is great, but that hardly makes it a success in terms of Final Fantasy.

Why are you people so fucking retarded?
    Imagine being stuck so far up your own ass you're confusing multiple games to one game and not even being able to read your own sources.

I agree with you, why are people so fucking retarded?
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-09-17 at 08:59 AM.

Love the dark setting so gonna be a buy for me.
    Do you hear the voices too?

People have noticed at least 3 characters in the trailer have similar and in one case near identical designs to characters from Vagrant Story. Its possible 16 is a new Ivalice game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I like the visuals of it but this action combat system or whatever it is just ruins these rpg's for me. FF12 was probably the last one I had fun with the combat and 13 was ok. But basically 10 and back I loved them all more or less.
    13's combat was awesome. It was everything else that was super cringe.

Wasn't 12 the one where you didn't actually even have to do battle? You just walked up to enemies and the gambit system did the rest? That isn't fun combat, IMO. Granted, being able to do that and knowing HOW to do that would be fun, but that's not the same as fun combat.

There's even an auto-leveling guide for 12 where you leave the game on overnight, without touching it, and the game does battle by itself and levels you up because of how you can set your gambits to battle without any user input at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Os...ature=youtu.be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Imagine being stuck so far up your own ass you're confusing multiple games to one game and not even being able to read your own sources.

I agree with you, why are people so fucking retarded?
    Regardless of whatever argument you're having and how well it sold, the idea that FFXV was "Universally liked" is simply not accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Wasn't 12 the one where you didn't actually even have to do battle? You just walked up to enemies and the gambit system did the rest? That isn't fun combat, IMO. Granted, being able to do that and knowing HOW to do that would be fun, but that's not the same as fun combat.

There's even an auto-leveling guide for 12 where you leave the game on overnight, without touching it, and the game does battle by itself and levels you up because of how you can set your gambits to battle without any user input at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Os...ature=youtu.be
    I'm aware of that but I never really did much with the auto system myself other than an auto potion and remove poison ones. I guess I phrased it poorly
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Regardless of whatever argument you're having and how well it sold, the idea that FFXV was "Universally liked" is simply not accurate.
    Continue reading the rest of the replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played FF 15 for about 5-6 hours and never touched it again. Made me sad to not finish a FF game like that.

I'm aware of that but I never really did much with the auto system myself other than an auto potion and remove poison ones. I guess I phrased it poorly
    No worries, wasn't trying to bust your balls or anything. Different people can have fun with different things for differing reasons. FF 12 was one of the only FF games that I played and never finished because the story was meh and the combat just didn't do it for me so I had little incentive to continue.

What about the combat in FF 12 made you you enjoy it?

- - - Updated - - -

Continue reading the rest of the replies.
    I did. It's still not an accurate statement.

One of your posts quoting Metacritic even states "generally favorable" reviews. That doesn't translate to universally liked, even a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries, wasn't trying to bust your balls or anything. Different people can have fun with different things for differing reasons. FF 12 was one of the only FF games that I played and never finished because the story was meh and the combat just didn't do it for me so I had little incentive to continue.

What about the combat in FF 12 made you you enjoy it?
    The quickenings were basically what I looked forward to. Some of them were really awesome to look at.

I played FF 15 for about 5-6 hours and never touched it again. Made me sad to not finish a FF game like that.
    I finished it and never touched it again. It was short enough and JUST good enough to get me to finish it.

The story was all over the place IMO, the combat was terrible and there was very little incentive to go and explore the world and do the "optional" stuff because of how the game time skips to a zone where you can't go back and do shit once you reach a certain point.

The only good parts about that game (IMO) wer the fun banter between your emo boy band, Cindy and Ardyn.

I did. It's still not an accurate statement.

One of your posts quoting Metacritic even states "generally favorable" reviews. That doesn't translate to universally liked, even a little.
    It seems that you didn't continue reading.

I wrote:
    "Sure, a more apt choice of word would be "generally" as the majority of the playerbase liked the game."
    This sentence simply says that the word choice was bad. I then used "generally" since that was a more accurate word for the statement.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-09-17 at 04:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I am not impressed, but then again Final Fantasy(or Kingdom Hearts for that matter)hasn't been the same since Sakaguchi got the boot.

It looks like a generic medieval action RPG without the charm of games like Dark Souls or the Witcher. In fact it looks like Square Enix' take on Game of Thrones. And the grimdark setting with more brown mud and dark locales is really unappealing to me. Final Fantasy to me is high fantasy while this is more realistic medieval with a few sparse magic elements. And after the brown/grey experience that was FF15 I was hoping for something a bit more colorful :/ I just feel FF14 is getting all the fun stuff while the single player games are left literally in the mud with the constant focus on dark gritty war.

Until we see more of the cast and world I will be pessimistic.

It seems that you didn't continue reading.

I wrote:
    "Sure, a more apt choice of word would be "generally" as the majority of the playerbase liked the game."
    This sentence simply says that the word choice was bad. I then used "generally" since that was a more accurate word for the statement.
    Fair enough. I honestly wasn't going to comb the thread for something I didn't know was there, I just saw your back and forth on sales numbers. Thanks for pointing it out.

OT: I'm tentatively excited about it. The trailer shows the story to be intriguing, but the trailer for FFXV did the same thing for me, and I thought the story there was overall pretty weak. The game play will determine if this is something I'll pick up and so far it looks really similar to FFXV, which had pretty terrible combat IMO. So we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished it and never touched it again. It was short enough and JUST good enough to get me to finish it.

The story was all over the place IMO, the combat was terrible and there was very little incentive to go and explore the world and do the "optional" stuff because of how the game time skips to a zone where you can't go back and do shit once you reach a certain point.

The only good parts about that game (IMO) wer the fun banter between your emo boy band, Cindy and Ardyn.
    I am very biased when it comes to FF games. FF6 is my second favorite game of all time. I missed that combat system
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2020-09-17 at 04:48 PM.

I still wish they would go back to the turn based combat of the older FF games. I think FFX was the last one to use it. I've never been a fan of this slashy japanese arcade style of fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    I still wish they would go back to the turn based combat of the older FF games. I think FFX was the last one to use it. I've never been a fan of this slashy japanese arcade style of fighting.
    In the era of shooters, it’s hard to get anyone to play turn-based. I have friends who didn’t play FF simply because it wasn’t action combat.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    I still wish they would go back to the turn based combat of the older FF games. I think FFX was the last one to use it.
    Out of all the mainline games only four were turn based.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    This is the Devil May Cry V combat director. The trailer includes a parry, riposte, air hike, juggle, dodge and air dodge. I'd rather see turn based come back but theres no way its going to be the garbage of witcher 3 combat or dark souls's weighty timing fishing.
    You'd think that would make me happy... but honeslty, I fucking HATED the combat in DMC5. So, it's really looking like XVI will sit over in a corner with XV, in my "Not even going to bother playing" pile.

Ah well, the search continues.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30