10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Guess PlayStation remains the obvious choice over Xbox for me. Now if I could just get a pre-order in somewhere lol

Can't wait for them to show up on eBay for a grand
    That's what happened with the 3080 launch this morning. $699 video card, sold out everywhere in a matter of seconds thanks to bots and now they're all over Ebay for $1k or more.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I have always been agnostic towards consoles. They don't interest me the slightest and have zero interest on exclusives - i have a pc and lots of games and not enough time.

This time though, wife happened She's a huge HP fan and she's playing the mobile game since it came out without pause (and she's NEVER done that gaming related - she's basically not a gamer). They announced the HP game so she's obviously super interested in it.

Likely ending buying the digital one so she can play that game, and i honestly cannot complain. She's getting into the most important of my interests albeit in a different way. Plus i can always buy a second controller and maybe D4 it's gonna be played on the couch with wife. All in all, a pleasant announcement even if it's for totally PS5 unrelated reasons XD

It's been a LOOOOOONG time since my last console. I had the original PS and that's it. I have the Nintendo handhelds because i like playing with them on the go or on trips.
    Why would it be the HP that swayed you though? You have a pc and it’s coming to pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not for everyone. Horizon on PC has worked perfectly for me from launch, I've played 65-ish hours without a single crash or gamebreaking quest bug/issue. I did get stuck in a 'falling' animation loop between a cliff and a rock - but that happened to me on PS4 as well. And in quite a few other 3d games in fact.

That isn't to discount people who are having problems, but I feel like a lot of that is probably on the user-end.
    I dunno, I had two crashes and a short lived visual glitch, which is acceptable, but the dogshit performance was not. Apart from Total War Warhammer which is its own beast, it's the one modern game I have that I can't run at a constant 60 FPS without making too many compromises on the settings for my liking, and it stutters as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Always odd to see people like this swearing allegiance to a company that dont give two craps about you other than that they are getting your money.
    I'm kidding. Least bothered about all that jazz. Ideally all platforms should get all games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Once again they are controlling how much of a loss they are taking on it by directly limiting the production of them. If they wanted people to mass adopt the digital version and lock them into digital games only the ratio would be exact opposite of what it is, but they aren't trying to eat that big of a loss out the gate.
    Revenue benefit of marketing gimmick < Additional cost associated with having 2x of everything in your production, marketing and distribution chain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Snagged a copy at Amazon as well. Tried my local Gamestop, but they were sold out at 7 PM. Tbh blessing in disguise though. Don't wanna wait outside for a console during a pandemic.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say I think we need some more info on the console itself. Will I be able to play all my PS Plus games that I have on my PS4 on the PS5? Will the PS5 play PS4 games at, at least a PS4 Pro level? I want to trade in my PS4 Pro, but I'm holding off at the moment until I get those answers.
    Jim ryan said 99% of ps4 games will run on it. Gonna test it with kh mom first

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Revenue benefit of marketing gimmick < Additional cost associated with having 2x of everything in your production, marketing and distribution chain
    The parts are literally identical and the only thing that changes is the front plate, nothing inside the system at all.

And yes it's a marketing gimmick, the same one MS pulled with the 360 in 2005 by having $299 and $399 models at launch but the $299 ones where almost impossible to find. The digital version will have its uses in the future but right now it is being used as a price point gimmick and they are directly limiting production on them to avoid eating a massive loss on the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If it doesn't play Atelier then it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Why would it be the HP that swayed you though? You have a pc and it’s coming to pc.
    Wife doesn't have a pc, she uses my old notebook for some work if she needs to and doesn't game, like, at all. I'm also not interested as much as her in the HP game, so this way if she wants to play HP we won't have to share the same machine.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If it doesn't play Atelier then it doesn't matter.
    Will the ps5 handle ryza's thighs? Experts say no

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that much, but it doesn't mean they'll run at PS4 Pro quality and also not sure if you'll be able to download your PS4 games onto the PS5. I assume that this will be the case but I want confirmation before I trade in my PS4 Pro.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that much, but it doesn't mean they'll run at PS4 Pro quality and also not sure if you'll be able to download your PS4 games onto the PS5. I assume that this will be the case but I want confirmation before I trade in my PS4 Pro.
    They said forever ago it has a pro legacy mode. I'm not gonna say for sure you can download them all, but with ps+ collection its possible

10+ Year Old Account
    They said forever ago it has a pro legacy mode. I'm not gonna say for sure you can download them all, but with ps+ collection its possible
    Decided to look into it more and it seems this article confirms that you'll be able to download all your games on PS5 and they might run better as well: https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps...-playstation-5

Decided to look into it more and it seems this article confirms that you'll be able to download all your games on PS5 and they might run better as well: https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps...-playstation-5
    Wouldn't count on them running better except for the select games that are getting "free upgrades" to PS5 version. The PS5 has PS4 Pro and PS4 legacy modes and it will run in one of those depending on if the game has pro enhancements or not. Those legacy modes literally downclock the PS5 hardware to match Pro or base PS4(going off the patents anyways) so they will run identically to what they did on those.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-09-17 at 05:09 PM.

Who’s using daddy’s credit card to pay for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sony's likely barely breaking even at the $500 price point, they're eating a loss at the $400 diskless version and likely a considerable one at that.

It's entirely up to whether the use of a disk drive is worth the extra $100. For some folks it will be as they prefer physical media, have slower internet/data caps, or like bargain bin hunting for used copies and shit because you can get some sweet deals there.

I'll probably stick with the disk version when I eventually pick one up.

Most exciting thing was whatever that PS+ Collection thingy is, for me. Seems like it's a stripped down, much smaller scale version of Game Pass at no additional cost, which if true is legit as hell.
    Wasn’t it also stated that they are making it backwards compatible? If so, yet another reason to go disc drive.
    Even if not, I’ll go with the disc version as, like you pointed out, I enjoy physical copies of things.

Wouldn't count on them running better except for the select games that are getting "free upgrades" to PS5 version. The PS5 has PS4 Pro and PS4 legacy modes and it will run in one of those depending on if the game has pro enhancements or not. Those legacy modes literally downclock the PS5 hardware to match Pro or base PS4(going off the patents anyways) so they will run identically to what they did on those.
    If it's like Xbox they will absolutely run better but if they were capped at 30fps they will still be capped, just less likely for it to drop below that. Plus improved load times due to the SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wasn’t it also stated that they are making it backwards compatible? If so, yet another reason to go disc drive.
    Even if not, I’ll go with the disc version as, like you pointed out, I enjoy physical copies of things.
    It's backwards compatible with 99% of PS4 games according to Sony, which does pose the question of what that other 1% of games did wrong haha. Can also download PS4 games you purchased from the Playstation Store.

I think the disc version is solid, especially if you're into blu-rays or you have a solid collection of PS4 games or you just like collecting/displaying your game boxes. I know for me I'll likely get the diskless one, I skipped the PS4 so have no games anyway, and I have enough stuff taking up space in my house so more digital is better for me haha. Having the option is actually really nice though, and I'm sure Sony is happy since they'll make way way more money long term off the diskless version since they won't be splitting profits with retailers for their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It's backwards compatible with 99% of PS4 games according to Sony, which does pose the question of what that other 1% of games did wrong haha. Can also download PS4 games you purchased from the Playstation Store.

I think the disc version is solid, especially if you're into blu-rays or you have a solid collection of PS4 games or you just like collecting/displaying your game boxes. I know for me I'll likely get the diskless one, I skipped the PS4 so have no games anyway, and I have enough stuff taking up space in my house so more digital is better for me haha. Having the option is actually really nice though, and I'm sure Sony is happy since they'll make way way more money long term off the diskless version since they won't be splitting profits with retailers for their games.
    They're probably just saying 99% because they don't have time to test every single game before launch but have tested enough to know they almost all work. It just covers them in case there is some weird niche game that doesn't work.

They're probably just saying 99% because they don't have time to test every single game before launch but have tested enough to know they almost all work. It just covers them in case there is some weird niche game that doesn't work.
    Yeah that's definitely possible. I'm fairly certain they didn't point out any specific games that don't work, so it's likely they're just being safe so they don't have to deal with backlash later if one or two games aren't compatible, would make a lot of sense.