7+ Year Old Account
    That was a really fun watch, wish it was longer.
    Sadly didn't add anything that we didn't already know, other than garrosh.

Formerly known as Arafal

I missed discussion about Covenant mounts. I am fairly sure that only a single pair of mounts is locked on a covenant (the campaign mount/the upgraded campaign mount) and all the other zone themed mounts are open for any character. I THINK this includes mounts that you can only unlock via a certain covenant, like the new purple unicorn that you have to get on a Night Fae character.

Even if you have to get it on Night Fae, it lacks a "Night Fae" restriction tag on the mount. Same as the Necrolord Roc you make through stitching.

So unless you REALLY are attached to the Phalynx/Gargon/Tauralos?/Runestag it shouldn't be a huge problem as you can use any other mount. Including Blanchy, the moths, the winged lions, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its very amusing and satisfying Garrosh gets the treatement he gets after waht he's done. At least he is alive instead of what I was sorta concerned about happening. Very good contrast of what Denathrius is saying and what is actually happening.
    Honestly I thought it was a bit too one the nose, especially with showing the poor people givign anima followed by the socialites partying. I think I would have preferred this one if Denathrius was the kind of tyrant that didnt even properly feed his inner circle, just to further add to the evil of it.

Not to mention that by showing him evil here they have already played their hand, conlusively making the Revendreth twist at the beginning moot, even without considering the dungeon journal or what have you.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So do the San'layn get their powers from this place?
    Could be the home of blood magic in general?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its very amusing and satisfying Garrosh gets the treatement he gets after waht he's done. At least he is alive instead of what I was sorta concerned about happening. Very good contrast of what Denathrius is saying and what is actually happening.
    That's better than being straight up obliterated like Ursoc. He gets to suffer for every civilian he has incinerated or tortured.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly I thought it was a bit too one the nose, especially with showing the poor people givign anima followed by the socialites partying. I think I would have preferred this one if Denathrius was the kind of tyrant that didnt even properly feed his inner circle, just to further add to the evil of it.

Not to mention that by showing him evil here they have already played their hand, conlusively making the Revendreth twist at the beginning moot, even without considering the dungeon journal or what have you.
    Denathrius was announced as the final raid boss of Nathria at Blizzcon, the twist is only intended for people who are paying zero attention to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I mean its realistic, the high class enjoying everything while those with maybe like very little anima suffering.

That's better than being straight up obliterated like Ursoc. He gets to suffer for every civilian he has incinerated or tortured.

Yeah, I'm still not ok with that :/(I'm Happy with what Blizz showed me but I'm still sad)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Could be the home of blood magic in general?
    Yeah but what makes them look like vampires in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How could you.

Anyway. I guess this cinematic does tell us Garrosh is locked up being used as a battery. That's something that will likely be expanded in the Venthry campaign in 9.1 or 9.1.5.
    I will say I was NOT expecting to see them using Garrosh as an anima battery. I figured he would play into it a little bit more but that's pretty dire if they're just using the souls in their keep as fuel.

Like I know Ardenweald was doing the same thing but at least Ardenweald seemed like it was their last choice needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few kind of thing. Venthyr are like "it'll be okay, we got all these ghosts we can drain"

So...Jailer cinematic next week?

So do the San'layn get their powers from this place?
    Sort of. San'layn, much like all the parts of ICC, are just the Lich King's mini versions of the Afterlife.

3+ Year Old Account
    I hated that. Those fucking screams will haunt me for months

At least Ardenweald looked nice
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

Oh boy... get ready for all the Rule 34 Garrosh stuff with these new sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

Patrick Seitz did a great job on anguished Garrosh screaming, not gonna lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Oh boy... get ready for all the Rule 34 Garrosh stuff with these new sounds...
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's so karmic that Garrosh is now chained up and tortured just like the Theramore civilians in SoO who were chained by Kor'kron and forced to fight one another.

Though Denathrius is a villain, his sense of irony is priceless and very appreciated.

Yes, I recently replayed SoO, and I can't get over those Theramore civilians. Fuck Garrosh and the Kor'kron.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

San'layn and the blood curse pirates from Stormheim may have a connection to Revendreth but it's always been really spotty on what the lore is. Even San'layn don't really make sense besides "lol just give us vampires" rule of cool.

The lore reason for why the Venthyr look like vampires is that they were created in the image of Denathrius, who looks like a vampire naturally.

Since Denathrius created their image I would say he watched too many vampire movies. Idk why he choose to make them that way.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    I really love Denathrius' voice.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The dude could voice Dracula and I would be fine with that. He's good
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    he has quite the unique personality aswell, feels like its been some time since weve gotten some unique voicelines besides the "i will crush you"

3 minutes onwards is his raid encounter, the combo of both him and remoria bickering is quite fun
    ( also quite interesting that their death quote is that zovaal will restore denathrius so we might see him post castle nathria at some point)
    Last edited by Dreen; 2020-09-17 at 05:29 PM.

I wonder if there will be a lore reason for Remornia and the talking sword that Renathal has.