Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    If all the oceans flowed away from the shores that needed the water, it makes a lot of sense. The flow ceased because souls stopped being routed to Revendreth.
    Exactly. That's the whole point. Denathrius is in on the rerouting of souls and anima to the Maw and he's lying to his peoples' faces about it.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2020-09-17 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Please name a more iconic WoW character, I'll wait.
    Millhouse Manastorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

VOTE #Denathrius2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so... Garrosh refuses to atone, so he's just an anima farm they milk until he eventually runs out or accepts atonement?

I love that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayonei View Post
    Wow. This just killed all interest I had in Revendreth. This is exactly the kind of society I hate the most, so unless there's going to be a French Revolution-style storyline here, I might just have three mains, not four.
    The first Raid is in Revendreth. You’ll get want you want a revolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayonei View Post
    Wow. This just killed all interest I had in Revendreth. This is exactly the kind of society I hate the most, so unless there's going to be a French Revolution-style storyline here, I might just have three mains, not four.
    You do realize that is the exact plot of the zone right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    It has never been said that the Arbiter sends souls to the Maw, unless I'm mistaken.
    All I've ever heard/read/seen is that the worst souls go there - which leaves the door open to them potentially having gone to Revendreth to try to atone first.

And no, we do not know that this is responsible for the machine of death breaking. Indeed, the order of events would imply very much otherwise. Arthas died and was cast into the Maw at the end of WotLK yet we have been explicitly told and shown that other souls were flowing into their rightful realms into Legion.
    If you look up one of the early SL previews, it talks about how the Well of Souls flows to Oribos where the Arbiter then points souls to where they should go, but "recently" the flow of souls has trickled to a crawl and stopped, and all souls are being routed straight to the Maw. It will be our mission to find out why.

Now, in the Bastion video, Uther & Devos do not ferry Arthas' soul to Oribos; they sidestep the Arbiter's process and drop Arthas directly into the Maw. I think it is then reasonable conjecture that in some fashion, the Jailer became aware of Arthas' arrival in an unusual way. Either by some magic/psychic process or torture, he learns Arthas wielded the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne; both constructed by the same being that will forge our legendaries when we get to Shadowlands. Heck, he might have orchestrated Arthas getting them from the Nathrezim (there are a few threads devoted to their connection here).

As for the timing, remember that Ion stated months ago that time flows differently in SL, and we all assumed that meant a possible time skip for the next expansion, which could very well be true, but it could also be the way to explain the delay between the events in Azeroth and the drought in the Shadowlands.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

What a snorefest. This is the first tome I had to force myself to NOT close the player and actually finish watching it. Was bored out of my mind.

Seems like the mana addicted Nightborn... or mana addicted High/Blood Elves.

So yeah, once again the same cliche.

Not nearly as good as Bastion or Night Fae, but much better than Maldraxxus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You do realize that is the exact plot of the zone right?
    It wouldn't be a forum post without absolute prejudgement of content before its experienced, making stark declarations of certainty based on pre release lore content.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys remember when Garry shanked a dragon because it insulted him? What do you think he's going to do when we set him free after he's been tortured? Garrosh Van Helsing incoming.

Lol Garrosh is a sad angry anima cow now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not as bad as Bastion and Maldraxxus shorts and not as good as the Ardenweald one, pretty meh all around.

Are we sure the sad orc on display is actually Garrosh and not just one that closely resembles him?

Just asking as Garrosh has been shown as having at least three sets of tusks jutting out of his lower jaw when his mouth is closed in artwork and his in game model's tusks aren't the same size like the Orc in the short. Not to mention the lack of scars, bigger nose ring and downturned mouth.

Imagine if all the characters in this shadowlands plot come back to life somehow due to our actions in the expansion...

It seems like a bit of a retread of Suramar, which is a shame, but seeing who i assume is Garrosh being used as an Anima-cow made up for it though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Afterlives: Presenting You Your Loot Table.

Good production, dull story.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well it's not as bad as Bastion and Maldraxxus shorts and not as good as the Ardenweald one, pretty meh all around.

Are we sure the sad orc on display is actually Garrosh and not just one that closely resembles him?

Just asking as Garrosh has been shown as having at least three sets of tusks jutting out of his lower jaw when his mouth is closed in artwork and his in game model's tusks aren't the same size like the Orc in the short. Not to mention the lack of scars, bigger nose ring and downturned mouth.
    Nah, it is Garrosh's eyes, they have the same defiance that all his covers have lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    That happened years before the Shadowlands/Machine of Death broke.
    We know that happened sometime in Legion (Ursoc went to Ardenweald) - not before the Cataclysm.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Nah, it is Garrosh's eyes, they have the same defiance that all his covers have lol
    He's also got his trademark shoulder tattoos too - and the same voice actor shows up in the credits.
    Totes Garry.