Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hollow Knight is horribly overrated.

So are divinity games.

Bethesda butchered fallout franchise.

And most controversial..... quake 2 is actually pretty damn nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Bethesda Games are 100% Bug Free!
    Bethesda games simply come with a lot of undocumented features.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

So are divinity games.

Bethesda butchered fallout franchise.

And most controversial..... quake 2 is actually pretty damn nice.
    I mean Divinity:OS2 is a pretty fucking great game, for anyone new to "RPG's", like myself. I love it, but it is definitely overrated, meaningful choices are few and most dialogues just lead to the same end.

And Quake II being great, that's pretty far from an unpopular opinion, in my opinion. Masterpiece of a multiplayer arena game and one of the best sound tracks of all time.

As for my own, unpopular opinions, I can't really watch anything Final Fantasy related without cringing the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

WoW is literally only 3 things with some fancy UI around it.

Rep Grind
    Gear Grind
    PvP Grind

Achievements are UI fluff. Mounts are fluff. Pets are fluff. Titles are fluff. The rest is UI fluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Epic is better than Steam
    Wholeheartedly agree - anything that is available on both, I buy on EGS.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Breath of the Wild is a poor Zelda game.

Dungeons were meh and samey, poor sense of progression in comparison to classic item acquisition and dungeon order, iteration of Ganon was boring and unintimidating.

Other aspects like weapon durability weren't my thing either but I don't really count that as a real Zelda thing.

Good game in general, if it wasn't Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 is better than WWF: No Mercy for N64.
    You sir need to get out of here with your blasphemy :P

Dragon Quest XI is terribly overrated and auto-battle is the only reason I was able to get through it (and the soundtrack is god awful).

WoW:Cata wasn't that bad.

Final Fantasy 6 is much better than original Final Fantasy 7.

I prefer original 3d Zeldas to the BOTW format.

Persona 5 is extremely overrated (not a bad game by any means though).

JRPGs are better when they are not turn-based.

Fire Emblem Fates is the worst Fire Emblem game.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Breath of the Wild is a poor Zelda game.

Dungeons were meh and samey, poor sense of progression in comparison to classic item acquisition and dungeon order, iteration of Ganon was boring and unintimidating.

Other aspects like weapon durability weren't my thing either but I don't really count that as a real Zelda thing.

Good game in general, if it wasn't Zelda.
    Was gonna say this myself, but you beat me to the punch.

I finally started playing BotW for the first time last week, and it's actually shocking to me how overrated it is. It's like people see the beautiful open world and ignore all the almost cripplingly bad faults the game has. The weapon durability system alone almost breaks the whole damn game with how many issues it creates for both combat and treasure chests. And then there's also the disappointingly short dungeons, and the boring shrines & sidequests.

As it stands, it's a 7/10 game for me, and I doubt the last 1/4 remaining is going to change my mind. Coincidentally, Jim Sterling also gave it a 7/10, and he got absolutely savaged by fanboys for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Y'know, Hollow Knight is one of my favourite Metroivanias, but even I can still agree with you on this to some degree. The Metroidvania subreddit in particular treats it with such reverence that it's practically a running joke in there. It's utterly brilliant, but treating it like it has no flaws does everyone a disservice.

And now for some more potentially unpopular opinions:

- Mass Effect 1 is better than 2.
    - Bioshock is a mechanically mediocre FPS propped up entirely by its setting.
    - Salt & Sanctuary is frustrating dross.
    - Dark Souls 2 is awful, and not just as a Souls game.
    - My favourite Heroes of Might and Magic game is 4.
    - On a pure gameplay level, Sonic games have never been good.
    Last edited by EbonBehelit-; 2020-09-17 at 06:00 PM.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

This thread tells me some opinions may be unpopular for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The end of Mass Effect 3, with the Extended Cut, isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be and most certainly does not invalidate how awesome the trilogy is upto that moment.
    This I agree with wholeheartedly though, especially the second half of the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Had you said DoW3... then yeah, them's fighting words .
    Them's exterminatus time words because that'd be pure heresy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You sir need to get out of here with your blasphemy :P
    See!? I also don't care much for Here Comes The Pain. =P GM Mode in SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 gave the game so much replay value.

Heroes of the Storm is better than League of Legends.

In LoL you play 40 minutes games where you have to farm gold for 30 minutes. Hots are 20 minute games and the fun starts instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Had you said DoW3... then yeah, them's fighting words .
    I try to forget that game exists and that they make a proper Dawn of War 3 game
    Do you hear the voices too?

I actually like getting immersed and follow the stories of the games I'm playing. Its probably an unpupular opinion because I see to often that people are just playing for the sake of beating content asap and being the best at something. You barely see streamers play games where they just want to follow a story, they just skip ahead and try to complete the game while rushing through the zones and dialogue. Its also why I think some narrative story driven games like Until Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Life is Strange and most Telltale games don't get enough love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls 2 is better than Bloodborne.

+1 to the person who said HotS is better than LoL.

Nintendo is overrated.

After MoP WoW has been a huge waste of time and I regret playing WoD, Legion, and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Final Fantasy X2 was awful and should've just been a prequel
    Pfft.

Final Fantasy X-2 is better than Final Fantasy X if you want a real controversial opinion. Neither game is very good, but at least X-2 is lighthearted cringe rather than X which is trying so hard to be deadly serious cringe. Auron is alright, though X is just... Ahh, I fecking hate that game

The series peaked with IX on the PS1 & VI/(III in the US) on the SNES. IV & VII come close, followed by the other NES/SNES releases. VIII & everything from X onwards is forgettable trash.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 & 2 is the best JRPG duology out there, & as a narrative arc, my favourite since FFIX.

Anyone who considers Skyrim the RPG of the decade is frankly insane - It wasn't even the best RPG that came out that year, with Witcher 2, Deus Ex HR, & Dark Souls being in a vastly different league.

RTWP > Turn based. Come at me, CRPG nerds

99% of AAA gaming is bollocks. You have games (looking at Ubisoft especially) that try to do absolutely everything only to fail at excelling at absolutely anything. How many Ubisoft games can be described with "open world story driven action looter with RPG elements & MMO-like features?" Even better, how many of those systems do any of those games usually excel at? Visuals maybe, as Ubisoft games are stunning, but bleh...

Portal 2 is quite possibly the best game of the past 10 years. While other games rely on 20+ minute long cutscenes to tell their story, there's not a single point during Portal 2 where the gameplay suffers for the sake of the story or where the story suffers for the sake of the gameplay. It's the perfect marriage between narrative & gameplay, & I can't think of much else in recent years that has come close...

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragon age 2 is a great game.

Dark Souls isn't so hard. It's mostly tedious because it takes forever to get back to where you died. You spent hours in this game just running back to your souls and that gives you the illusion that it's hard but you simply don't get much practice.

Note: there are always exceptions to the follow opinions:

- In general, well scripted linear games are better than open world games.
    - Cutscenes are awesome.
    - Romance and sex in story-focused games make them better.
    - Games like pubg and fortnite are a cancer on the game industry.