Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Source?

As I said, mine is just theory. If you are saying there is proof, please provide it.

Ion Hazzikostas talks about corruptions going away in 9.0 not 9.01 oversight? maybe

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...ands-pre-patch
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...owlands/638371

It takes about how the 9.0.1 is for character customization changes and such while 9.0.2 is for beta changes. 9.0.1 will definitely be prepatch and they do say 9.0.2 will launch shortly before Shadowlands. Which indicates possibly prepatch (though more likely as 9.0.1) and 9.0.2 will probably launch the week before expansion to finish rounding things out.

We know they are breaking prepatch into 2 sections. Level Squish/ability changes/corruption removal all on one and more than likely all the cosmetic stuff on the other.
    They have always given 2 weeks notice on end of season, so there is no way its coming Tuesday, but the Cosmetic portion could along with notice of main pre patch on Sep 29th.

Seems viable.
    There's a 0% chance of it happening this Tuesday. They haven't announced the PvP season ending, thus it won't be ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya I would tell them about the gitches I find but I pay THEM to play THEIR game, if they want to give me free game time I could make a huge list of bugs that still exist but what is the point, all my free feedback from BfA was ignored and could have fixed like 90% of the issues they had at launch. A lot of players have legitimately good ideas that they just gloss over because of pride, maybe Ion should take Garrosh' place in Ravendreth I bet with him alone it would save the Shadowlands based on his level of pride lmao.
    Don't go that way dude. It's like everyone is expert in politics and would fix country in 5 minutes if he had a chance. For me nothing in this community is more irritating than Asmongold types with smug faces telling Blizzard how to fix game in 10 simple steps.

If you think that would do better job as game developer, become f*cking game developer.
    If you think Blizzard is doing horrible job, find MMO/other game where devs do it better (spoiler - you probably won't find that many) and play their games.

With game of that size it's impossible to fix all bugs. It's even hard to do in some complex single player RPG games. And I'm not talking about Bethesda "quality", but for example games like Witcher 3, where devs worked their asses off, delayed game like 3 times and still it was filled with bugs on release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the significant changes that are going to happen, a patch without a warning? No fucking way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's a 0% chance of it happening this Tuesday. They haven't announced the PvP season ending, thus it won't be ending.
    You clearly didnt take the time to read the post before you replied.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    No, they haven't. They "try to", but they haven't.

Legion had 10-12 days. WoD had somewhere around the same.

29th is still very much in play.
    I think people are confusing 2 weeks with 2 resets. 2 resets they have always done and it's never been an exact 2 weeks. With that said, I'd say it is a 100% chance that it is the 29th/30th. Mainly because we have approximately 4 weeks (4 resets) prior to expansion. This gives people time to come back, do the event and get any exclusive rewards. Also gives people time to adjust UI's, learn their classes again, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    We know they are breaking prepatch into 2 sections. Level Squish/ability changes/corruption removal all on one and more than likely all the cosmetic stuff on the other.
    They have always given 2 weeks notice on end of season, so there is no way its coming Tuesday, but the Cosmetic portion could along with notice of main pre patch on Sep 29th.

Seems viable.
    6/7 october to me
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think people are confusing 2 weeks with 2 resets. 2 resets they have always done and it's never been an exact 2 weeks. With that said, I'd say it is a 100% chance that it is the 29th/30th. Mainly because we have approximately 4 weeks (4 resets) prior to expansion. This gives people time to come back, do the event and get any exclusive rewards. Also gives people time to adjust UI's, learn their classes again, etc.
    I think so too. I think we see the announcement today after the beta build goes up (In process right now).

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Considering the significant changes that are going to happen, a patch without a warning? No fucking way.
    Well 29th sep is getting more and more unlikely. 22nd is not possible.

I believe it will be 6th oct unless they announce it today/tomorrow. As DPS tuning is still missing, 2 weeks is unlikely. The beta patch yesterday was a huge disappointment as it didnt feel at all like last tuning phase. BfA had 3 weeks of big classtuning changes. Yesterday was a minor class update.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

I believe it will be 6th oct unless they announce it today/tomorrow. As DPS tuning is still missing, 2 weeks is unlikely. The beta patch yesterday was a huge disappointment as it didnt feel at all like last tuning phase. BfA had 3 weeks of big classtuning changes. Yesterday was a minor class update.
    They have until Friday / Monday to announce it for the 2 reset standard and be fine. As for class tunings we are at the stage in beta where they might do a few here and there, but we won't see a lot more until Pre-Patch hits. Once pre-patch hits we'll see a lot more tuning for being at level 50 and then adjusting from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    29/30 49.5% chance
    6/7 49.5% chance
    13/14 of october 1% chance

pretty much it

I wish they'd hurry up already. I have this itch to resub, but I can't excuse it while that corruption garbage still exists in the game.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

They will announce the end of the season two weeks/ids in advance. That is the benchmark. You don't get the season-ending announcement this week, it is at least three weeks further.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You clearly didnt take the time to read the post before you replied.
    Your whole premise is nonsense and you have no sources for that. If we looks at historical data, pre-patch have stages, right, but split is different - every SYSTEM change (new interface, classes, number squishes, etc.) are week 1, very often CONTENT part comes later, usually week after release. They want playerbase to be familiar with new environment before they give them something to do and it's good opportunity to catch few more bugs using huge sample.

No one ever suggested pre-patch will be split on cosmetics and system parts, because it's totally pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't go that way dude. It's like everyone is expert in politics and would fix country in 5 minutes if he had a chance. For me nothing in this community is more irritating than Asmongold types with smug faces telling Blizzard how to fix game in 10 simple steps.

If you think that would do better job as game developer, become f*cking game developer.
    If you think Blizzard is doing horrible job, find MMO/other game where devs do it better (spoiler - you probably won't find that many) and play their games.

With game of that size it's impossible to fix all bugs. It's even hard to do in some complex single player RPG games. And I'm not talking about Bethesda "quality", but for example games like Witcher 3, where devs worked their asses off, delayed game like 3 times and still it was filled with bugs on release.
    It is about being constructive though, they just dismiss pretty much all ideas put forth and many are indeed better than what they come up with. I actually am a game designer and have been working/developing a game but I also develop websites as my main income.

I was more referring to the azerite armor solution from the get go where each ring would have an open socket as well as the random traits and then professions would all be able to craft a certain number of the socket-able traits so that if your RNG was horse shit (which is usually is for most people) you could buy or craft the trait you wanted. That opened up a ton of player agency and fixed the RNG monster that was Azerite gear and this was something I and a few others had suggested, I even made posts about it lol. You cannot tell me that is a bad idea, that was an objectively good solution to that game design issue.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They have until Friday / Monday to announce it for the 2 reset standard and be fine. As for class tunings we are at the stage in beta where they might do a few here and there, but we won't see a lot more until Pre-Patch hits. Once pre-patch hits we'll see a lot more tuning for being at level 50 and then adjusting from there.
    No they barely tuned anything after prepatch hit live servers. They will be done with bug fixes.

I am not talking about 3% damage auras. Tuning right now is a lot of work.

Legion end of season announcement was Friday 8th july, so if they dont announce it on friday, IMO we are heading towards 6th oct.

It is funny doing some research and see people arguing that prepatch will be in june 20 and sl will be in july 2020. Some were optimistic for may or june....

People tend to be overly optimistic. If there is no end of season announcement tomorrow ..

Prepatch event is only 2 weeks, so prepatch at 6th, prepatch event starting 13th is likely.

Its certainly possible, but not probable. 29th is still the most likely date.

Prepatch event is only 2 weeks, so prepatch at 6th, prepatch event starting 13th is likely.
    How long the material of a prepatch last doesn't matter. Most prepatches were only about 2 weeks in length of content. If they last longer it's because of massive time gates. 4 weeks has been the length of all prepatches with maybe 1 variance (not sure, but in case). This is done so people have plenty of time to get the items and aren't restricted to a strict two week window and gives plenty of more time to test classes and balancing out.

It is extremely unlikely to be on the 6th unless they were pushing release date back.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    ...as they do like to copy and paste code (as all coders do) which means any problems that existed before will persist.
    No... just... no. If you're a coder who likes to copy/paste, please for the love of all that is holy... find another profession!

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I was thinking the 29th but now that that is within to weeks, I have been, instead, eyeing the first week of Oct. I just can't imagine them giving less than two weeks notice given the changes and the pvp season.... yeah, at least two weeks. Oct 6th at the earliest imo.