Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    I gotta know, whats wrong with war3 and starcraft?
    Starcraft is rock-paper-scissors and the hero system of War3 just makes it a moba with management.

I still think they are good games, but they aren't good RTS to me.

SimCity 2015's Glassbox engine makes for a delightful and unique experience.

Without all the changes and "dumbing down" of WoW I will probably have played it much less as time goes on.

Anthem is the best of the run-around-and-shoot-stuff-sometimes-with-friends-and-then-there's-loot-so-it's-sorta-like-a-wannabe-MMO-ARPG-type-thing genre.

Doom 2016 wasn't that interesting.

Every tutorial is fucking garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.

6 is a superior game.
    QFT^ FFVI was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim was over hyped casual trash with aweful guilds and an aweful story.
    I do not like spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.

6 is a superior game.
    i am with this guy, the characters and story of ff7 is meh

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The controls on the original Legend of Zelda games are shite. The "holding down to target and strafe around the target" takes getting used to but I resorted to giving up trying to deal with half-inverted bow controls. So it's inverted when moving up/down, but not left/right. And you can't modify that...
    What. The. Actual. Fuck. There is no targeting in the "Original Legend of Zelda".
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2020-09-18 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

-Dark Souls 2 is a beautiful game, it has excellent design in environments and feels a lot like a classic DnD adventure with some beautiful sense of low fantasy

-Halo is overrated

-Raiden is a better protagonist than Solid Snake

-Outside of Forza series, racing games are trash
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Not a fan of any CDPR games.

I think Witcher 3 is over rated and I've tried multiple times to play it but can't seem to get into it because it just seems painfully boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    -Outside of Forza series, racing games are trash
    I believe you mean "Outside of Mario kart".

:P

FF8 is an excellent game

The original halo was the most overrated FPS on release.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Banjo-Tooie is an overall better game than the original. The only thing the first game had in it's favor is the music.

-Bayonetta/Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (games by Platinum Games) are better stylish action games than the Devil May Cry games.

-Vanilla Super Smash modes (more than 2 players, items, non-tournament stages) is more fun than the typical 1v1 3-stock Final Destination.

-Even though I wouldn't use it, I'm fine with adding an "Easy Mode" to any of the Souls-like games, as long as online was separated due to balancing.
    Last edited by Floofi; 2020-09-17 at 09:35 PM.

Miyamoto needs to retire already. His stifling unchanging ideas and influence are poison to the up and coming talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    -Banjo-Tooie is an overall better game than the original. The only thing the first game had in it's favor is the music.
    Banjo tooie is simply too big for its own good. Grunty industries nearly requires a playing guide it’s so big and confusing to navigate. I love both banjo kazooie and tooie but the 1st is such an objectively better game.
    They are both fantastic games though so it’s no stretch that the 2nd would be people’s fav.

10+ Year Old Account
    RDR II is too long. They should have cut the game in half.

I don't find the Witcher 3 to be a good game. The combat is really lacking in fluidity. I've tried to play through the game multiple times and it just can't keep my interest.

Stardew Valley bores me to death. Why does your character have to move so slow? It's like a bad version of Animal Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    What. The. Actual. Fuck. The is no targeting in the "Original Legend of Zelda".
    I think we hit a point where OoT is considered the original and people are too young to remember the nes games

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    The original halo was the most overrated FPS on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Halo is overrated
    Gonna have to go with this along with the fact that the rest of the Halo games are nothing special either

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I think we hit a point where OoT is considered the original and people are too young to remember the nes games
    Hopefully this is a true unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Alpha Protocol was actually a really solid an fun game.
    I would agree with this. After playing it, I was surprised at how negatively it was received. Sure the boss fights were out of place, similar to the Deus Ex reboot where bosses were bullet sponges, but I enjoyed the game overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    WotLK is overrated, but people hype it up to high heaven because 1. it was the peak of WoW's popularity, so thus most people remember it, 2. it came out after vanilla and BC so it looked good in comparison (not a high bar to pass), and 3. because of it rode off of the coattails of WC3 nostalgia.
    Indeed! And it had abysmal dungeon design with zero challenge.

---

Also, Command & Conquer: Red Alert was garbage and it's only redeeming asset was the Hell March song.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2020-09-17 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Miyamoto needs to retire already. His stifling unchanging ideas and influence are poison to the up and coming talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Banjo tooie is simply too big for its own good. Grunty industries nearly requires a playing guide it’s so big and confusing to navigate. I love both banjo kazooie and tooie but the 1st is such an objectively better game.
    They are both fantastic games though so it’s no stretch that the 2nd would be people’s fav.
    Tooie is great if you are a big fan of the first game, its almost like a "Master Quest" type game for returning players. However, if I were to introduce it to a new or younger player, I would absolutely go with the original game every time. I like Tooie more because its so MASSIVE, but the original is a better pick up and play in the same vein as Mario 64. Same thing with Zelda, I would introduce someone to Ocarina first before Majora.

Some more shit for me to spew:

-Kingdom Hearts 1 has decent combat, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is a gimmicky mess of a battle system.

-The only good Jak & Daxter games are the original and maybe the Daxter PSP spin-off.

-Sly Cooper 1 was a good design, if a bit easy, but the other games are kind of crud.

-Sora and Tracer should NEVER be added to Smash Bros. Also 3rd party characters are fine, but the series should have stayed focused on being a celebration of Nintendo platforms - as in the character needs to have a main game staring them on a Nintendo system, not some spin-off or minor cameo (aka Cloud before FF7 came to Switch and Joker not having a port of Persona 5)

-The guest fighters in stuff like Mortal Kombat and Tekken are dumb. Dont get me wrong, RoboCop in a fighting game is cool, but give all these action/horror icons WB has access to their own separate fighting game, its just stupid throwing them into the established setting of MK. Why the fuck is Yoda in SoulCalibur and this dickhead from Walking Dead in a Tekken game? At least with something like Marvel vs Capcom, thats the whole set-up of the game. Same thing extends to other reeking of company cross-over marketing inserts in non-fighting games. Oh I didnt realize Danica Patrick was a god damn iconic Sega mascot.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2020-09-17 at 10:58 PM.