Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    The EVGA card JayZ tested seems to be running a tiny bit worse, albeit quieter, but I'm genuinely surprised by the Asus TUF card.

HW Unboxed had their TUF card running 15c lower while running a few frames quicker than the FE card. derBauer also tore down his TUF, and even he was impressed by the cooling solution and how the card performed, even if his shuntmod didnt net him any performance gains worth mentioning.

It actually looks like the cheaper models are pretty good this time around, with decent performance while being very quiet. At least the Asus TUF.
    Obviously havent seen all the cheap AiB models yet, but so far so good.
    Asus usually puts a lot money into developing their highend card coolers, then with minimum effort put same ones on lower models and other vendor cards to recoup the development costs. I still remember them just slapping a DirectCU II to 290x and most of the heatpipes didn't even go over the core.

15+ Year Old Account
    That shopping frenzy!

Fortunately, I believe I managed to snag one MSI Ventus card. Getting it next week.
    No Ventus reviews yet. If it turns out to be a dud, I'll just return it and get my money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noob question. Does that next gen GPU makes a difference at 1920x1080? I have no interest to play in 4k. I oresently own a GeForce 1070, which very satisfying at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Noob question. Does that next gen GPU makes a difference at 1920x1080? I have no interest to play in 4k. I oresently own a GeForce 1070, which very satisfying at the moment.
    Not 3080 and up.
    3070 maybe but it depends on your refresh rate.
    I think you should wait on 3060 if you want to upgrade.
    But the golden rule, only upgrade if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But over 350 Watt is heavy.
    derBauer did a nice breakdown of the powerusage on the 3080. Seems like the GDDR6X memory is a power hog, pulling 60w.

The core itself only pulled 190w, with some other thing pulling 80w as well (Probably goes to running the card\GPU).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Not to mention AIBs are reportedly getting a $50 rebate for every card they sell in September. So I'd expect prices to be higher when they come back in stock.
    It looks to be more than just a $50 rebate. Sweclockers noted in their review of the 3080 TUF OC that it, along with a heap of other AIB cards, have an introduction pricing for the first month. After october 16th, the pricing will increase by 1100 SEK (~125 USD) for the TUF OC and ~120 USD for the non OC. Presumably this is a worldwide introduction pricing campaign by Nvidia. No idea if this will concern the FE model after october 16th in some way.

Every indication this far has proved that the reports and rumors of extremely limited stock for the initial launch was true. What little stock there was sold out in seconds. The same reports from retailers also said that there are more cards coming in the next few weeks but also in very limited numbers. It's essentially a paper launch, and once more inventory arrives probably some time next month it'll likely cost $50 - $100 more than current pricing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The older I get the more noise is a concern for me. I have a passive cooled 1050Ti which is enough for WoW, Doom 2016 and similar old games. I feel left out in the GeForce 20 and 30 series.

I do a lot of homeoffice these days and bought an almost silent mini pc specifically for that, working 8 hours a day with a gaming pc would drive me nuts over time.
    If you're willing to spend some time tinkering, you can get after-market coolers like the Raijintek Morpheus that should be able to passively cool upwards of a 2060 super or something. Or you can strap silent 120-140mm fans like Noctua's offerings to it and cool better cards almost entirely silently

Think I managed to snag a 3080 Asus TUF OC that will hopefully arrive sometime tomorrow. I think I lucked out because I bought from a medium sized retailer whose website clearly wasn't capable of handling the massive traffic from people rushing to buy the 3080. In any case, the website crashed repeatedly during the purchase, but I have my order confirmation and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    if you're on a 60fps monitor it will make no difference. If you're on a 240-300hz monitor then it'll be worth getting one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Think I managed to snag a 3080 Asus TUF OC that will hopefully arrive sometime tomorrow. I think I lucked out because I bought from a medium sized retailer whose website clearly wasn't capable of handling the massive traffic from people rushing to buy the 3080. In any case, the website crashed repeatedly during the purchase, but I have my order confirmation and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    Yeah, they shouldn't send you a confirmation if you were too late. Gratz on a new gpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Fingers crossed!

I managed to grab an Asus 3080 TUF OC also. Click and collect tomorrow - can’t wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to buy a 3080 and EVERY where is fucking sold out. Sucks.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Since NVIDIA fucked up with their new 3080, I'd like to buy a good 2080.

What do you think about this one?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/msi-ge...rio-8-gb-gddr6

Would it be enough to play wow in ultra?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post

Yes it will be, but don't pay more than 300-350 euro for it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/feature...ing-benchmarks

useful stuff

Im still using 3770K OC, and 4K Ultra "saves" me
    4K - the Great CPU Equalizer, even with an RTX 3080

waiting for Zen 4/AM5 or the Intel 7nm before upgrading .. and of course DDR5

Might pick up an Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 OC card.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post

its like throwing a bunch of money down your toilet at the current price. you'd be spending the same amount for a fraction of the performance. just wait a week for the scalpers to simmer down.

3+ Year Old Account
    So Asus 3080 TUF OC vs Just stock 3080.

Is there a major difference in performance or durability?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    So Asus 3080 TUF OC vs Just stock 3080.

Is there a major difference in performance or durability?
    It's just factory overclocked so it'll be a bit faster.

I'm waiting on the 3070's at this point. Once the 3080 is more readily available, the 3070 will be out. My 1070 still runs great, and I'm only gaming at 2K resolution. If I buy a 3080, I could future proof if I go 4K, however.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's just factory overclocked so it'll be a bit faster.

I'm waiting on the 3070's at this point. Once the 3080 is more readily available, the 3070 will be out. My 1070 still runs great, and I'm only gaming at 2K resolution. If I buy a 3080, I could future proof if I go 4K, however.
    Thank you for the info, I currently run a 1060 3gb im looking forward to upgrading to the 3080.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    its like throwing a bunch of money down your toilet at the current price. you'd be spending the same amount for a fraction of the performance. just wait a week for the scalpers to simmer down.
    You know that there's not gonna be stock until 2021, don't you?