Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    You know that there's not gonna be stock until 2021, don't you?
    So.. Wait till 2021? It's 4 months. Also 3070 should be launching next month and so should RDNA2(or at least announces). 3070 probably won't be scalped as badly, because there is no real upgrade path from 2080ti to the 3070. Also it's a smaller chip so yields should be much higher.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    So.. Wait till 2021? It's 4 months. Also 3070 should be launching next month and so should RDNA2(or at least announces). 3070 probably won't be scalped as badly, because there is no real upgrade path from 2080ti to the 3070. Also it's a smaller chip so yields should be much higher.
    Samsung can also produce their SoCs faster than TSMC can and have better capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    So Asus 3080 TUF OC vs Just stock 3080.

Is there a major difference in performance or durability?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOpaPPCUDA

A bit faster, a lot cooler, more quiet, seems like a good one, if you can snatch it.

Expected this, was going to wait anyway, still disgusted how everything is in the hands of scalpers basically. Hopefully not enough people is gonna buy from them, cause it's the only reason they do this - customers with not enough brain to say "it's not worth 2 grands and i can wait".

Surprised about the TUF being a very good card, i also like its design a lot. If Strix is really overpriced as i expect it to be, it's very likely the card i'm gonna buy (maybe).

Anyway, i'm still considering going custom loop finally. I'm gonna delid, so if cards are not coming anytime soon, i can invest some money to do the CPU loop (which is gonna be simple - pump, 360rad, small reservoir and done).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Expected this, was going to wait anyway, still disgusted how everything is in the hands of scalpers basically. Hopefully not enough people is gonna buy from them, cause it's the only reason they do this - customers with not enough brain to say "it's not worth 2 grands and i can wait".

Surprised about the TUF being a very good card, i also like its design a lot. If Strix is really overpriced as i expect it to be, it's very likely the card i'm gonna buy (maybe).

Anyway, i'm still considering going custom loop finally. I'm gonna delid, so if cards are not coming anytime soon, i can invest some money to do the CPU loop (which is gonna be simple - pump, 360rad, small reservoir and done).
    Someone created a bot that false bids on Ebay on every 3080 that is on sale.

About delidding, it's quite pointless unless you got something below 9th gen Intel.

In those 4 months I can save enough money to buy it, so it's not a problem. The thing is NVIDIA has fucked up with this release.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    In those 4 months I can save enough money to buy it, so it's not a problem. The thing is NVIDIA has fucked up with this release.
    From consumer perspective sure. Just they probably don't care as long as they sell everything they put out. Simple CAPTCHA would've slowed people down at least. But nope.

Got an email late last night that the delivery of my card would be delayed, with no estimated delivery date. I kind of suspected it might happen given the circumstances, but it's still unfortunate. Most retailers are advertising estimated deliveries by November, but even that I can't help but doubt at the moment. Guess there's nothing to it but wait in any case, not gonna buy from scalpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

About delidding, it's quite pointless unless you got something below 9th gen Intel.
    I was wondering why there was a 3080 going for £66000 (51 bids) on ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Got an email late last night that the delivery of my card would be delayed, with no estimated delivery date. I kind of suspected it might happen given the circumstances, but it's still unfortunate. Most retailers are advertising estimated deliveries by November, but even that I can't help but doubt at the moment. Guess there's nothing to it but wait in any case, not gonna buy from scalpers.
    Don't expect them until 2021.

Yeah, i have an 8700k (and a 8600k aswell available lol). If anything, it's gonna be personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    I was wondering why there was a 3080 going for £66000 (51 bids) on ebay...
    https://imgur.com/gallery/1qEUmEy

10+ Year Old Account

I know it's against Ebays ToS, but.. Good.
    I cannot stand scalpers

Hope the 3090 will be less of a target for scalpers, but.. Yeah, it'll be sold out instantly I bet. Which sucks for me.

Here is to hoping AMD's GPU release is a lot better than this.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got mines yesterday. Installed it today after I got up.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50478844

It's a hungry boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    -snip-
    hehe. Not really an issue though, you want those sweet frames and thou need to feed it power

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    hehe. Not really an issue though, you want those sweet frames and thou need to feed it power
    Had to buy a new PSU just to get the 3 PCI-3 connections. PSU has 4 though, so not an issue.

But yes, dem sweet sweet frames.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I ordered a 3080 last night, just hope it comes before SL is out

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Had to buy a new PSU just to get the 3 PCI-3 connections. PSU has 4 though, so not an issue.

But yes, dem sweet sweet frames.
    Had a 650w i was afraid it was faulty (EVGA G3) and replaced with a 750w be quiet! Straight Power 11 (or whatever the name is). In the end the old one was fine, but happy that the replacing wasn't totally useless (also plan to use the old one on a mid tier build for a friend).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had a 650w i was afraid it was faulty (EVGA G3) and replaced with a 750w be quiet! Straight Power 11 (or whatever the name is). In the end the old one was fine, but happy that the replacing wasn't totally useless (also plan to use the old one on a mid tier build for a friend).
    The old one I had was an EVGA 650 GQ. Went with a Seasonic Focus PX-850 for the 3080.

Incase anyone was wondering, I got the MSI Gaming Trio X. It's silent even under full load.
    Last edited by Tommi; 2020-09-18 at 12:39 PM.