Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    if they had announced today, it couldve been the 29th. its now looking at being an october release for the pre patch which is gonna make it the shortest pre patch we have had to date since the we've typically had 4 week pre patches, the longest ever being 8 weeks.
    I mean, when I thought about it - they are running the Impressive Influence buff through the end of September. Doesn't make sense to have it last until a day after pre-patch, when a lot of returning people would find out the buff was disappearing in less than 24 hours. Better to have it end, pre-patch launch, and avoid the topic alltogether.

October 6th is my new guess if I had to make one. It has to be the 6th.

OP, they're not doing prepatch in 2 releases. They may time gate the quests one week after the other but there is no 2 prepatches. The 1st week of quests as well as class changes, level squish, and customisations all come on the day of prepatch. They may open up the second part, which is also the last part, of quests on the 2nd week of prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I hope we get our 2 weeks notice. i'm so close to getting the mount, if I lose out on it because blizz decides not to warn us, I'll be a bit disappointed.
    You've had months to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    if they had announced today, it couldve been the 29th. its now looking at being an october release for the pre patch which is gonna make it the shortest pre patch we have had to date since the we've typically had 4 week pre patches, the longest ever being 8 weeks.
    Considering there isn't any content besides a few quests, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 or 3 weeks of prepatch
    Last edited by Sharnie786; 2020-09-18 at 06:24 AM.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I wonder why people takes it so personally when a company appears to have ignored users feedback. Based on what? Simply the company did not respond in the way the people expected? Or did not implement the changes the player suggested (I use this loosely)?

I am sure lots of players suggested ideas. But the word "good" is subjective and usually it is good for them. It may not necessary be good for the game as a whole or for others. Blizzard could have different views on the matter as well.

A friend I know who has experience in game development tells me that changes, even moderate ones, close to release is dangerous since it can have unknown impact in other parts of the game. This is especially true for DLC, or in the case of WoW, content patches which are designed based what has already been created. So changing them is either impossible or too risky to undertake.

Feedback are just that. Feedback. It is not, never was, instruction back to Blizzard on what they should do to the game.
    What is the fucking point in having a beta and asking for feedback then? there isn't lol. They may as well hire like 100 in-house testers and never ask us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    nah I'm 72% through it, I'll definitely get it if it isn't just suddenly dropped on us with zero warning. I dont need 14 days, 7 would do though
    Oh it's just the seasonal mount of 3s? Lol, definitely on you if you don't get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'm not going to read a crap clickbait post with a title that implies the poster is talking about this upcoming Tuesday.
    Then dont post stupid shit if you aren't going to take the time to read the fact that I said exactly the same thing. Just makes you look ignorant.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by zolfare View Post
    Seriously? You have had allll expansion to work on it and you know that the pre-patch comes out about 1 month before the expansion. Sometimes a week or 2 earlier than that 1 month. If you want to complain about not getting it done, you should just complain to yourself for not putting in a bit more time.
    Most people assumed it wouldn't be removed they have never removed a vendor mount before. It was only made clear it was getting removed after the beta launch and people discovered it was a feat of strength and not everyone is great at making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    We know they are breaking prepatch into 2 sections. Level Squish/ability changes/corruption removal all on one and more than likely all the cosmetic stuff on the other.
    They have always given 2 weeks notice on end of season, so there is no way its coming Tuesday, but the Cosmetic portion could along with notice of main pre patch on Sep 29th.

Seems viable.
    Possible, but PvP'ers have not received their usual "Two week warning" for end of season.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    The broke prepatch into 2 sections for PTR, they have never done that in the past.
    this is just an indication that they are pressed for time and need a separate branch to stabilize the pre-patch bc they need extra weeks to stabilize sl content

deciding to split the work into 2 branches at the eleventh hour is drastic and not something that the devs are likely to be happy about, working on two branches at the same time on a AAA game is a fucking nightmare, especially when both branches are in the last phase of stabilization before shipping.

so if the development process is in a difficult situation it's kinda nuts to expect that there is no chance that they'll make concessions to their usual release schedule. I can imagine the team being eager to get 9.0.1 out the door to be able to focus on a single dev branch until release

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is probably the same glitch as they do like to copy and paste code (as all coders do) which means any problems that existed before will persist.
    Not sure what the point of saying something so obviously wrong is. I mean you do seem rather upset by all this but why go after programmers(i assume thats what you meant by "coders")

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Most people assumed it wouldn't be removed they have never removed a vendor mount before. It was only made clear it was getting removed after the beta launch and people discovered it was a feat of strength and not everyone is great at making gold.
    They removed some of the original vendor mounts actually. Also some of the pvp mounts that where obtained from a vendor
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Not sure what the point of saying something so obviously wrong is. I mean you do seem rather upset by all this but why go after programmers(i assume thats what you meant by "coders")

- - - Updated - - -

They removed some of the original vendor mounts actually. Also some of the pvp mounts that where obtained from a vendor

They removed the original epic mounts in vanilla because they retooled them and put armor on they haven't removed mounts since.

If its not on Tuesday there better be a Maw Cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    They removed the original epic mounts in vanilla because they retooled them and put armor on they haven't removed mounts since.
    Also some of the pvp mounts that where obtained from a vendor

?? I'm sure there is more, this is just on the top of my head
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'm not going to read a crap clickbait post with a title that implies the poster is talking about this upcoming Tuesday.
    Dang straight, who the hell reads the post they are responding to?

10+ Year Old Account
    a one week pre patch wouldn't feel weird to me at all
    pre patch always felt like some filler anyway
    a week is more than enough to get used to the class changes...a release early october seems less and less likely, shadowlands is still far from now

October 6 is very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    ?? I'm sure there is more, this is just on the top of my head
    Which supposed pvp mounts the only pvp mounts that have been removed are the gladiator mounts.

It's possible, yes. Unlikely, though? Also yes. The shortest warning we had was the WoD (maybe MoP, don't remember which of the 2) Pre-patch had the release date announced 5 days before it came out. They could announce the pre-patch today and launch Tuesday to meet the same as that pre-patch was. We've only had 1 pre-patch that was actually 2 weeks ahead for warning though, so all the "2 weeks warning RAWR!" crap is nonsense. This is an expansion patch, not a content patch. Blizzard also doesn't NEED to follow past trends by any means. The average seems to be 10-12 days, not 14. If they followed recent suit, they'd announce the pre-patch today for the 29th. They could break trend and literally say nothing and just bomb-drop the patch on the 22nd. People would only be mad for like 45 seconds. Maybe a hundred total subscribers are overly butthurt and quit playing the game because of it. Bomb-dropping the patch definitely wouldn't noticeably impact them at all, but I don't think they'd do that.

If the pre-patch is past the 29th, they'll have to rush the event steps faster than they have clearly been planning or push the expansion launch date back a week. Either that or we could see one of the worst expansion launches in a really long time (if not ever) due to massive unbalancing with no time for mass testing and fixing. I would really hope the pre-patch isn't past the 29th. If it is, I would really hope they push back the expansion launch date with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I mean they still have one for the Maw I am guessing too with Zovaal and or Sylvanas.

29th seems more realistic, I really think Blizzard should stop pushing WoW to be an esport unless they break apart the PvP from the PvE portion of the game by making abilities separate in each mode so they can stop cross balancing like fools.
    But that would require having a team that balances PVP. PVP team and class balance team probably got cut after ACTVI's best performing year they ever had till that point.