View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Of course the British are not going to allow a foreign power (EU) to annex a part of the UK (N. Ireland) against their will. It is ridiculous the EU think they can run a coach and horses through the GFA breaking it at the same time and upsetting the US as guarantor to the GFA. Who do the EU think they are?

It is not going to happen and Boris is quite right in his actions to prevent it and respect the GFA by ripping up the WA.
    So why did the UK sigh away NI in order to be able to pass a WA through parliament?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So why did the UK sigh away NI in order to be able to pass a WA through parliament?
    Because the EU at the time of WA signature were falsely promising to negotiate in good faith and were offering a Canada style trade deal which would have negated any GFA breach.

By taking such a deal off the table it is the EU that are breaking the GFA and it is the EU who will have to erect the hard border. The UK will do no such thing in any circumstance.

The UK Internal Market Bill has clarified that. It is quite clear what the British position is over NI and the EU as Boris publicly said yesterday the EU are abusive extremists negotiating in bad faith.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/126905...h-brexit-deal/

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Because the EU at the time of WA signature were falsely promising to negotiate in good faith and were offering a Canada style trade deal which would have negated any GFA breach.
    So your saying Boris proposed a deal that he knew was terrible for the UK (the WA). Expecting that a trade deal would be found, despite there being multiple red-lines on both sides that were not obviously solvable (hence why May couldn't solve the border issue) because reasons?

A 'Canada deal' would still have a border, a border in the Irish sea that places NI outside the UK. Canada after all has not joined the EU single market. So even with a Canada deal Boris would feel compelled to break an international treaty he himself proposed.

So how does this work in your alternative reality?

(and that is ignoring your usual 'Canada deal' BS that we have already repeatedly debunked).

ps.
    Still no comment about the UK getting the literal scraps off the EU table with the great Japan trade deal ey.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

By taking such a deal off the table it is the EU that are breaking the GFA and it is the EU who will have to erect the hard border. The UK will do no such thing in any circumstance.

The UK Internal Market Bill has clarified that. It is quite clear what the British position is over NI and the EU as Boris publicly said yesterday the EU are abusive extremists negotiating in bad faith.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/126905...h-brexit-deal/

[video=youtube;E8kMKy-D3WY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8kMKy-D3WY[video]
    Okay, so Boris signed something with the ASSUMPTION that something else would happen. And then when it doesn't he goes back on the first thing, and you think that's a win?

At best he's incompetent, at worst he's a fraud.

I'll just leave this here, you despicable liar: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51549662

Michel Barnier: UK can't have Canada trade deal with EU
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Anyone using Pompeo's endorsement of the IMB as a victory is clearly not of sound mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll just leave this here, you despicable liar: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51549662
    Ahem you prove my point. Your link is what the EU said after the UK signed the WA in 2020 reneging on prior promises made. This link, referring to one EU President Donald Tusk, is what was said prior at the end of 2018 and the main reason the UK signed it believing the EU would honour that offer.

"From the very beginning, the EU offer has been not just a Canada deal, but a Canada+++ deal."

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/05/the-e...anada-8009257/

That is what turned out to be a lie. That is why the UK now reserves the right to remove the WA. You are right someone is lying, as you can see and as your evidence shows it is not me. Thank you for your kind help in allowing me to clear up your obvious confusion over the facts of the matter about who said what when.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

its funny to see britian wiggle like a worm.

the unescapable reality is Britain has to either institute an internal border (sea border with NI) or try to avoid one altogether by staying tied to EU rules in perpetuity, even after it has left the bloc..

britians catastrophic mismangement of brexit (as seen elsewhere with covid) has left it staring at a total diplomatic defeat. british leaders keep dealing bad hands and then continue to play them.

If Britain doesnt like the position it finds itself in, it has only itself to blame for voting to leave, for starting the countdown clock, for agreeing to the Johnson deal. No one else did that for the U.K.

Boris doing this dance with the legislation shows what a disasterous defeat there has been. He weakened britians position so much that he has finally resorted to either threatening or actually breaking international law to reassert some strength.

What a sad bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its funny to see britian wiggle like a worm.

the unescapable reality is Britain has to either institute an internal border (sea border with NI) or try to avoid one altogether by staying tied to EU rules in perpetuity, even after it has left the bloc..

britians catastrophic mismangement of brexit (as seen elsewhere with covid) has left it staring at a total diplomatic defeat. british leaders keep dealing bad hands and then continue to play them.

If Britain doesnt like the position it finds itself in, it has only itself to blame for voting to leave, for starting the countdown clock, for agreeing to the Johnson deal. No one else did that for the U.K.

Boris doing this dance with the legislation shows what a disasterous defeat there has been. He weakened britians position so much that he has finally resorted to either threatening or actually breaking international law to reassert some strength.

What a sad bunch.
    The worst part is that this is extremely likely to be deliberate because Boris and those around him are likely to gain huge in personal wealth with how they have played the game. The people will suffer but Boris, Reese-Mogg and co won't because this is all part of the plan to get their pockets lined.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The worst part is that this is extremely likely to be deliberate because Boris and those around him are likely to gain huge in personal wealth with how they have played the game. The people will suffer but Boris, Reese-Mogg and co won't because this is all part of the plan to get their pockets lined.
    ah the classic 'im going to make enough money to insulate myself from the problems that ive have caused'

i think this has the potential to get very nasty when it all goes wrong, always wanted to join a weather underground..

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ah the classic 'im going to make enough money to insulate myself from the problems that ive have caused'

i think this has the potential to get very nasty when it all goes wrong, always wanted to join a weather underground..
    It becomes even more apparent when you realise Reese-Mogg family wrote a book on creating disasters and benefitting from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It becomes even more apparent when you realise Reese-Mogg family wrote a book on creating disasters and benefitting from them.
    Apparently they found the sweet spot between fraud (this is too big for that apparently, otherwise it fulfills ALL the criteria) and high treason (this seems to little for it, albeit it also fulfills all criteria here... or it would, if the general population in the UK understood anything about the subject matter, which they don't. You can't betray sheep, they like it in that factory hall with the big knives, all of their friends are there, aren't they?)
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Apparently they found the sweet spot between fraud (this is too big for that apparently, otherwise it fulfills ALL the criteria) and high treason (this seems to little for it, albeit it also fulfills all criteria here... or it would, if the general population in the UK understood anything about the subject matter, which they don't. You can't betray sheep, they like it in that factory hall with the big knives, all of their friends are there, aren't they?)
    Oh fuck off you annoying kraut, if your country hadn't been so fucking greedy none of this would have happened anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truntlont View Post
    Oh fuck off you annoying kraut, if your country hadn't been so fucking greedy none of this would have happened anyway.
    Special Rules and Expemtion UK is whining about others being greedy?

The irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Special Rules and Expemtion UK is whining about others being greedy?

The irony...
    I didn't vote for this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't vote for this shit.
    So it's fair to claim Slant is the embodiment of Germany, but if someone does that to you it's suddenly wrong?

Oh come on that's just proving my point about British not knowing the subject matter. Don't make it this easy for me...

Ignoring the obvious British nationalism and hate for Germans it has never been about Germany until you needed an excuse to hate and deflect. Truth is the EU told Britain no when they asked for more exceptions and Cameron's attempt to blackmail the EU with Brexit failed in the most spectacular and retarded fashion.

And because you don't like being embarrassed you are looking elsewhere for someone to blame. As usual you are happy enough to shit on Germany. And that is all there is to your post. Kinda pathetic to be honest.
    Last edited by Slant; 2020-09-18 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a no deal happens a possible added benefit for me would be that producing auto mobiles and their parts is no longer viable in the UK, what means more work here.

Would be nice to see some co-workers get their contracts extended indefinitely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If a no deal happens a possible added benefit for me would be that producing auto mobiles and their parts is no longer viable in the UK, what means more work here.

Would be nice to see some co-workers get their contracts extended indefinitely.
    1 in 3 of all EU car exports go to the UK. A no deal will mean duties on EU vehicle exports to the UK of up to 22%.

Your volumes will go down not up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 in 3 of all EU car exports go to the UK. A no deal will mean duties on EU vehicle exports to the UK of up to 22%.

Your volumes will go down not up.
    That assumes there ever was a possibility of a deal with the Uk, there was not. You spend so much time not agreeing with yourself about what the deal was going to be and then finally decided it had to be about getting the option of flooding the EU with products that would violate our internal rules

A deal could never happen, the losses that do or do not happen are worth it to keep our integrity