10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shillu View Post
    Guess i need to do some research since i've missed the last 2 leagues time to see whats still playable.
    Mines, Traps, Totems, Impale, Spectres are all easily viable for content, and most can be easily league started.

Also this league looks potentially very good for Curse builds with the new Curse Explode mechanic, and the changes to self-casting curses. Though i am concerned about Marks being lackluster except for bosses.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Mines, Traps, Totems, Impale, Spectres are all easily viable for content, and most can be easily league started.

Also this league looks potentially very good for Curse builds with the new Curse Explode mechanic, and the changes to self-casting curses. Though i am concerned about Marks being lackluster except for bosses.
    Was debating seeing if i could work crackling lance into a miner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shillu View Post
    Was debating seeing if i could work crackling lance into a miner.
    Id imagine it will work, but just got to see the numbers. I am going to likely end up playing an generic miner at one point just to experiment with the new skills. I don't think the ball lightning nerfs in the manifesto are going to hurt the miner playstyle much, honestly probably just hurt the self-casters more due to the sheer number of BL the miners can drop.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    So I think alot of people are gonna go 24 challenges this league
    Yep the cat is nice, the portal is too "steam-punk-ish" for me, I'd rather use the harvest one.

RIP Whispering Ice

You were good to me.

Saw that. I enjoyed my Whispering Ice build a few leagues back. A shame that it got gutted.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936080

Crackling Lance does look decent. Flame Wall as well for a possible primary skill.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

3+ Year Old Account

Post Guide For Path of Exile: Starter's Guide To Get PoE Currency

As well all know that Path of Exile challenges massive players by injecting unique twists into normal RPG (Role-Playing Game) elements. One of those twists is the lack of a money-based currency system. In this game, a lot of players barter with each other by trading Path of Exile orbs. Even though these orbs (mainly include: Chaos Orbs and Exalted Orbs) have a function as an item, they are quite easy to collect and I am sure you will get a lot of over the course of your journey through Wraeclast. They are also used in transactions with NPCs and, as such, they are the official PoE currency of this game.

In the game of PoE, there are about 31 Orbs and some other shards and baubles that players consider to be money. As a PoE starter, you will probably do not know how or when to use them, however, this guide now will help you out with that.

The Very First One: Beginning:

Start out just by accumulating your hoard. Please keep in mind, do not use your orbs for anything just yet. Concentrate on finding your build and how you want to play firstly. Well, the right sequence is, after you officially finished your build, then it's time to worry about your equipment and gems. Then you can spend your Orbs.

The Second One: Crafting:

Near this endgame, players start crafting their very own equipment. If you want to get in on it, below are the requirements that you need to meet up:

Orbs of Alchemy
    Orbs of Alteration
    Orbs of Blessed
    Orbs of Chance
    Orbs of Chaos
    Orbs of Divine
    Orbs of Eternal
    Orbs of Exalted
    Orbs of Regal
    Orbs of Scouring
    Orbs of Transmutation

Well, a stock of Chromatic Orbs would also be a quite good choice if you want to change the colors of this item's gem sockets. Anyway, we are not going too deep into crafting, cause it's a complex affair that still requires its very own guide. If you search the steps online, then you will realize that you are going to need many of the above Orbs. Therefore, we highly recommend that you should start stockpiling as early as possible, by doing that way you do not have to spend all of your reserves when you begin crafting.

Here Are Some Other Methods Of Getting Currency:

There exist a few methods to get orbs and other PoE currency consistently. They are perfect for restocking after a session of crafting or after getting enough Path of Exile orbs to purchase that equipment you want.

One is Delving. Collecting enough azurite to cap darkness resist and light radius for the much lower-level areas. Keep in mind, do not use up all your azurite, cause you are going to purchase dynamite and flares too. When you are delving, you need to try to find Fractured Walls in the darkness. That's where you will find fossils, which can sell up to at least 200 Chaos Orbs. However, that kind of price is only for the very special ones, and you are more likely to find many that would sell for far less.

Another method of getting currency is to craft items for selling in Path of Exile. Ask or just look around for the much more popular mods on equipment and then make those. Otherwise, you also can sell the service of crafting custom items or other services. You can check some certain public channels to figure out which services are doable and profitable for you.

Last But Not Least Here Are Some Parting Words:

There are other methods of getting cheap PoE currency online, however, those mentioned above are more or less the consistent ones. That does not mean that you will not need to exert effort doing them, though. You are going to grind and do some things over and over again. Keep in mind to take breaks sometimes, and maybe switch methods when you start to feel a little boring.

As a matter of fact, you do not have to follow this guide step by step. Just play how you want, and then enjoy the experience. You can skip crafting altogether and just go and purchase your stuff. Alternatively, you also can spend all your orbs trying to get that perfect equipment set. All decisions are just in your hand.

Now, it's the perfect time to enjoy Path of Exile!

What's scary is, even though I'm still positive this isn't a real poster (as in, he'll stick around to actually talk to people rather than just run off after making this), this still looks like a proper post of someone wanting to be helpful.

That is the other way around. Currently pretty much all builds can destroy maps and pushing more damage into clear speed is utterly pointless. After lets say after 2M dps you go for upgrades for single target. So if you have choice between having more aoe dps vs having more ST damage, you go ST.
    So marks are clear winner here. Unless you go MF build that don't kill bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is the other way around. Currently pretty much all builds can destroy maps and pushing more damage into clear speed is utterly pointless. After lets say after 2M dps you go for upgrades for single target. So if you have choice between having more aoe dps vs having more ST damage, you go ST.
    So marks are clear winner here. Unless you go MF build that don't kill bosses.
    The problem is, the way they made it sound, Marks don't count as Hex and dont have the interactions with Doom and other type effects such as Bane. Marks will be nice for builds that do not utilize these interactions but won't help builds like trickster/occultist Bane builds.

The problem is, the way they made it sound, Marks don't count as Hex and dont have the interactions with Doom and other type effects such as Bane. Marks will be nice for builds that do not utilize these interactions but won't help builds like trickster/occultist Bane builds.
    Curses have reduced effect on bosses. Marks don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    What's scary is, even though I'm still positive this isn't a real poster (as in, he'll stick around to actually talk to people rather than just run off after making this), this still looks like a proper post of someone wanting to be helpful.
    im trying to find the link,. but i dont actually see it.
    For a first time poster it's certainly a weird post, but there's no link to an external site "yet".. so,. maybe it's real?
    there is already a POE thread tho, so this would be best merged in there either way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go Earthshatter again. I hopped on Standard just to check on everything, ran a T16 and did it like nothing and I didn't get to T16s in Harvest, I dropped out from boredom.
    I think Harvest trivialized the game too much for me, but also I didn't like managing the seeds. Constructing the actual garden was awesome, but managing the seed stuff (what type of seed is this, where is it in the stash, whats planted, what do i need, etc) afterwards was not my cup of tea.

Earthshatter with warcries pretty much does everything with zero investment, I have random gear, the only thing really good is my weapon, which is all that matters on this build. The main drawback obviously is you're slow and methodical and if you stop pressing warcries you either die or do no dam.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-09-18 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Earthshatter with warcries pretty much does everything with zero investment, I have random gear, the only thing really good is my weapon, which is all that matters on this build. The main drawback obviously is you're slow and methodical and if you stop pressing warcries you either die or do no dam.
    I understand difference in opinions but quite honestly Eearthshatter is only good for bosses. T16 is nowhere near the indicator if build is good or not.
    For example Int stacker wasn't fastest out there, but maxed out delirium super juiced T16 was quite easy for it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Nm...ature=youtu.be
    Even without HH.

But even so it pales in comparison with like ED, CoC ice nova or even VD when it comes to clear speed.
    And then there is self curse temp chains that eats maxed out map on breakfeast (but sucks on bosses):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJa...=youtu.be&t=93

Long story short: Pretty much every build (properly done) does T16 effortless. And boss killers are usually slow for mapping.

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand difference in opinions but quite honestly Eearthshatter is only good for bosses. T16 is nowhere near the indicator if build is good or not.
    For example Int stacker wasn't fastest out there, but maxed out delirium super juiced T16 was quite easy for it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Nm...ature=youtu.be
    Even without HH.

But even so it pales in comparison with like ED, CoC ice nova or even VD when it comes to clear speed.
    And then there is self curse temp chains that eats maxed out map on breakfeast (but sucks on bosses):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJa...=youtu.be&t=93

Long story short: Pretty much every build (properly done) does T16 effortless. And boss killers are usually slow for mapping.
    So what was the point of your reply? It doesn't tell me anything. I seriously don't understand why you replied to me with that lol.
    You must be the resident thread puppyguard

Let me guess, indicator of a good build for you is how fast you blow up the screen and complete a map with the least amount of engagement from you? (Keep in mind, I never even said anything about a build being good in my post, this is all you trashing my choice for no reason, just to be clear on that.)

I already said it's slow and methodical, so you're just saying what I already posted? Gee, thank you so much!!!! Everyone is so much wiser now...

TL;DR: Your reply is so pointless I can't even think of why you said it and it was to tell me something is slow, which i already said, which i find just rude and thick headed. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say it lol. And read the actual post, maybe you wouldn't repeat the exact same thing the person says?? Yes, literacy is nice!
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-09-18 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curses have reduced effect on bosses. Marks don't.
    That literally has nothing to do with my statement. I am talking curse(now hex builds) such as Bane Pop etc will not scale Marks at all. You also can not selfMark yourself for the many uniques that apply and scale off hexes.

Sure marks will be great for single target, but that is about all they are useful for.

As for my build, im probably going to go Fireball/Flame Wall ignite build, or a Brand. Really don't expect to play more than 3-4 weeks so i want to see the content and move on.
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2020-09-18 at 12:13 PM.

I was looking at Crackling Lance as a better ST arc but the numbers don't seem to support that.
    Hex stuff looks to clunky between needing multiple casts and ramp time.
    played EQ last league.

Guess I need to look at some form of fireball/firewall character yeah.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone put together a firewall build capable of red mappin`?

Enjoying my Crackling Lance build so far.

Basically, I been on that Ziz build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-kY...hannel=Zizaran