Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So now they're interested in infrastructure? Guess they have to throw anything out there when they think they're about to lose.

If they were so interested in this before perhaps they should have done that instead of handing the rich a trillion dollars.
    The last three years of infrastructure week have been a total let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So now they're interested in infrastructure? Guess they have to throw anything out there when they think they're about to lose.

If they were so interested in this before perhaps they should have done that instead of handing the rich a trillion dollars.
    they just threw another 13 billion at farmers....they are now 3x the previous record.

GG tariff war! Largest tax increase on the american people ever
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only one way to realistically get rid of her. The GOP needs to retake the house ( not likely this time ) or the voters in her district realize what a hypocrite she really is and vote her ass out.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Only one way to realistically get rid of her. The GOP needs to retake the house ( not likely this time ) or the voters in her district realize what a hypocrite she really is and vote her ass out.
    She's already said this is her last term as speaker, so even if Democrats maintain control of the House you won't have to worry about her.

And I don't think her voters are going to vote her out over a haircut, my dude. There's bigger shit going on and while that's absolutely hypocritical of her, it's hardly worthy of removal. Especially in the modern political scene where you can body slam a reporter and still get elected to office.

I must inform you that due to California's jungle primary system, the only other person on November's ballot for that seat is to Pelosi's left. Be careful what you wish for. Or don't :P
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I must inform you that due to California's jungle primary system, the only other person on November's ballot for that seat is to Pelosi's left. Be careful what you wish for. Or don't :P
    Not to mention with many of the gerrymandered states losing battles to keep highly GOP favored district lines and many states adopting neutral or bipartisan redistricting committees, the chances of the GOP ever regaining the house is slim to none in the near future. Unless the GOP decides to come back to the left and stop being a facist ultra right wing party that makes Regan look liberal, it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    According to BroadbandNow, #1 through #9 states for high speed internet coverage are blue states. Florida is #10 and Utah #11. Texas way down at #30. Nine of the bottom ten states are red states. The bottom line is that communication companies are loathe to bring high speed internet to rural areas where they don't have a lot of subscribers.

As for roads, bridges, and airports, and permitting, again they tend to be state specific. The Federal Government involvement tends to be minimal. Unless they want to get more involved which contradicts their stated goal of smaller government.
    Kind of the same situation with electricity in the rural parts of the country before the New Deal in the 1940s. Electric companies were reluctant to bring power to the rural areas of the country as it wasn't cost effective. I'm not sure how you can argue that it was not a good thing for the government to push and fund electricity for the entire country.

Also, with the roads I know that before the New Deal only about 5-10% (This number might be wrong. But it was low) of roads in Georgia were paved. The rest were dirt or gravel roads outside of the cities. To travel from Atlanta to say Savannah after you got outside of Atlanta you had a fun slow trip on dirt roads.

Sometimes the private sector needs a push to do something that really benefit everyone. Can we call the effect of Covid-19 a depression yet? Because to get out of that it took Government spending while the private section just floundered.

Don't act like hypocrisy is something you care about.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Gee someone is oddly quiet today about "hypocrite" proclamations.
    i wonder why, could it be you are also a huge fucking hypocrite?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I thought it was He-Mans job to deal with ol Skelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Seems to me that the bolded part is the only part that isn't complete lies in the whole thing. But, as anyone could guess, it's immediately followed by lies, in the same sentence no less.
    I'm sure the funding could be used for body cams, but the Republicans would never tell state and local police departments how to spend it. Because states rights.

Never mind individual rights or protection from tyranny of the government, that's a brown people problem.

(This is a caricature of the Republican position and doesn't represent my views in case that wasn't abundantly clear).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

The reason why Republicans will never ever do national infrastructure projects is because conservative politicians would only agree to the spending if it included exemptions from the Federal prevailing wage law (Davis-Bacon), or just an outright repeal of it, and the building trade unions who have some significant percentage of members who stupidly vote Republican would light them on fire doing that.

It's why "Infrastructure Week" has been a recurring joke for three and a half years.