Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sad that garrosh is just an anima bitch now

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I mean, his screams is 100% Garrosh too, if one has actually listened to Garrosh voice like ever (especially when he's angry).

I'm happy he's in Revendreth though, it shows that he is redemable. Even though it wont matter in the end, since we cant take the best Warchief back to have Baine killed.
    Not sure why some people never get this but redeeming Garrosh is the worst thing they can do to him. Garrosh is a hard headed mule who can never believe he did anything wrong, that’s his character and that’s what his fan love about him. The fact that after all these years he is clinging on and refuse to be “redeemed” and very likely would be drained dry rather then ever compromising himself should be the greatest thumbs up his actual fans could get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    How are any of them - except for *maybe* Saurfang - more Iconic than Garrosh? Genn? Really?
    Why wouldn't they be? They are iconic, and have been added to the lore in WoW, as per your arbitrary rule.

And on top of that, the poster you responded to called Garrosh "one of the worst written main characters" of Warcraft, to which I'd argue everyone in my list are better written than Garrosh.

And I do think Velen, Shaw, Valeera and Saurfang to be way more iconic than Garrosh.

Hell, I'd say Anduin is more iconic than Garrosh, too.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Revendreth, the almost copy pasta of the San'Layn

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopPoet View Post
    Hoping that I'm not spoiling anything here, but you are aware what the first raid is, right?
    I don't mind spoilers, and I didn't know who was the last boss of that raid before your post, I wouldn't ever choose Revendreth now more than ever know all of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Not sure why some people never get this but redeeming Garrosh is the worst thing they can do to him. Garrosh is a hard headed mule who can never believe he did anything wrong, that’s his character and that’s what his fan love about him. The fact that after all these years he is clinging on and refuse to be “redeemed” and very likely would be drained dry rather then ever compromising himself should be the greatest thumbs up his actual fans could get.
    Well, I like seeing him at least having *some* redeeming qualities, even if they're small. His love for his people, and wanting them to have a better place to live wasnt really an evil thing. How he went about it, and how extreme he became is sadly what screwed him over. I dont think he'll be redeemed whatsoever.

I just like seeing that he must have some redeeming qualities in him in the eyes of the Arbiter, but whatever they are - I doubt they'll ever come to light, especially due to how proud he is.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so if they're vampires, and they're harmed by Light, could Hamon kill them?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Okay so basically people in Shadowlands are just alive and totally not doing stuff for the dead (like Bastion people are here to guide people). In revendreth people are living normally, working, doing stuff not related to the dead at all.

None of that makes sense.
    It makes some sense, if you play the beta - and you'll see soon enough if you're dumb enough to buy this. Everything in the Shadowlands is either a soul, or created by the Pantheon in the SL to work, like the owl dudes in bastion, or by the Prime in Maldraxxus, the Winter Queen in Ardenweald, or Denathrius in Revendreth. You, the player, and the others, Jaina, Anduin, Sylvanas, Baine, etc. are the only "living' things there. (Don't take too close a look at the whole "Maw Walker" thing, because we're not the only living creature to escape and walk around...we import more later through portals.) If something not us dies there, they get recycled as 'anima", a clumsy rework of the karmic systems of asian religions.

The Revendreth are pretty busy, in fact, they're working with the really evil souls to redeem them. Or that's what they were doing. What they do there is completely explained to you in the questing through it. The one thing they did get somewhat right is that you get involved directly with what each zone does in the Shadowlands, and explains why it's important for it all to keep working. And glimpses at why it's breaking down.

Overall, the whole thing is a ham handed mishmash of folklore and religion, mashed into a lumpy soup that doesn't quite make sense and honestly kinda smells bad. (They used/stole/borrowed a lot of Scottish fairie folklore for Ardenweald...yet they have American accents...) But the entities there, and what they do, and who they are is beyond simple to understand. But it's Afrasiabi and Danuser, keep your expectations low. They really suck at story telling on a grand scale - the smaller bits of content, like the "play" in Ardenweald, are crafted by the quest teams and can be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Ok, so if they're vampires, and they're harmed by Light, could Hamon kill them?
    Is... IS THAT A MOTHER*****

J O J O

reference?!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I don't mind spoilers, and I didn't know who was the last boss of that raid before your post, I wouldn't ever choose Revendreth now more than ever know all of this.
    He is obviously not the intended leader of the Venthyr Covenant, just at the start. Think of it like as the Nightborne in Suramar, except this time the Nightfallen are not yet defected from the corrupt ruler.

"Eaters of sin who harvest anima from wicked souls.

The venthyr have a good thing going. They lord over Revendreth’s castles and ceaseless twilight while arrogant souls are delivered to their tables. The harvesters’ otherworldly punishments strip the pride from their thralls, sparing them an even worse fate: eternal torment in the Maw.

But souls thus drained can’t just leave Revendreth for a better place. They have years of penance to slog through while they reflect on the precarity of their afterlives. And, after eons of service, the venthyr are increasingly ruled by their decadence and pride. The very purpose of the plane may be flawed… and those who were once accusers have become gluttonous and corrupt.

Revendreth must always have a master, and rumor suggests that Denathrius, foremost among the venthyr, may no longer be fit for the role. Crowning a new Sire could return the plane to its former glory… or leave Revendreth mired in the same decadence and sin it is charged with cleansing."
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Pretty hard to support the covenant that locks up and "milks" the greatest warchief the Horde ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Is... IS THAT A MOTHER*****

J O J O

reference?!
    Yare Yare Daze

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Pretty hard to support the covenant that locks up and "milks" the greatest warchief the Horde ever had.
    If they let you mutilate him by using him as a target dummy I would join that faction with every single character.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If they let you mutilate him by using him as a target dummy I would join that faction with every single character.
    If recent storytelling templates apply to SL you don't have to worry , by the end of it we'll become the new covenant leaders righting the wrongs and making sure every one stays dead and happy for the rest of their unlife

Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post
    Yeah it is really upsetting how Trump keeps all that Anima to himself.
    Exchange Anima for money and expand it from just Trump to the 1 - 10% and yeah, it's not exactly a stretch to make the comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    ???
    How is it related to the U.S.?
    I hope you're joking, but I fear you're not.

- The cinematic starts off with Garrosh (the American frontline / essential workers ) being milked for their precious resources. From Garrosh it's Anima, but in real life it's the work and health of people being forcefully abused.

- It hits some of the same narrative notes we're hearing in real life: "It is through your faithful work that..." vs "Through the hard work we're thankful for by essential workers we keep things moving."

- Trying to put a "We're on the same team" spin on things: "Even we, the faithful, who extract the Anima have not been spared." vs "Even we, the wealthy are feeling hardships."

- "We're doing everything in our power to gather more Anima" vs "We're doing everything in our power to get you a second stimulus check."

- Later on, another example with "We must all, Rich and Poor, make sacrifices, for the greater good" while the Rich literally sit and drink in the luxury of their fancy parties. The comparison SHOULD be obvious there, but to make it perfectly clear for you, it's the Rich in real life raking in billions off the pandemic while the poor are forced to work in unsafe health conditions to keep things running.

- "In this manner, we will keep this land strong and healthy, despite the efforts of those who would use this Crisis to further their own ends and rebel against the rightful structures of our society." While this is being said, it's literally a poor man, who has next to nothing running up to a campfire with people who have nothing. He is then grabbed up by a big demon and brought before the leader with axe towards his back. This is the biggest and most jarring comparison to me. It feels extremely deliberate and easy to make this comparison; The poor man is the poor working class man, especially the minorities of the US who literally has next to nothing but is expected to give up more. The big demon is the police / military sent in to oppress the opposition and enforce "the rules of society" currently in place. The leader can be clearly interpreted as someone claiming, "law and order" and "business as usual, it's not time for changes" while making sure "his people" aka the rich, are taken care of.

- "I am, after all, nothing but if not compassionate" vs "That means force. Force with compassion but if you're going to have to really do a job, if someone is really bad, you're going to have to do it with real strength... You have to dominate the streets." You can decide which one of those is from real life and which is from game. Which one of those came with a man being pushed out to his death and which one belongs with an example of people being shot with teargas and rubber bullets.

- "We are doing all that can be done to stimulate Anima production." vs "We're doing all that we can to stimulate the American economy."

- "Just follow me into a brighter future" vs "We'll make America great again"

Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    Sadly, I had this same feeling when I watched and drew the same companions.
    I'm glad someone else sees it the way I do. I thought it was extremely heavy handed with the things it was doing / saying / how they were being said.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Thrall isn't dead though, it's Garrosh that's being milked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Honestly did not enjoy Revendreth as much as the others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Exchange Anima for money and expand it from just Trump to the 1 - 10% and yeah, it's not exactly a stretch to make the comparisons.

I hope you're joking, but I fear you're not.

- The cinematic starts off with Garrosh (the American frontline / essential workers ) being milked for their precious resources. From Garrosh it's Anima, but in real life it's the work and health of people being forcefully abused.

- It hits some of the same narrative notes we're hearing in real life: "It is through your faithful work that..." vs "Through the hard work we're thankful for by essential workers we keep things moving."

- Trying to put a "We're on the same team" spin on things: "Even we, the faithful, who extract the Anima have not been spared." vs "Even we, the wealthy are feeling hardships."

- "We're doing everything in our power to gather more Anima" vs "We're doing everything in our power to get you a second stimulus check."

- Later on, another example with "We must all, Rich and Poor, make sacrifices, for the greater good" while the Rich literally sit and drink in the luxury of their fancy parties. The comparison SHOULD be obvious there, but to make it perfectly clear for you, it's the Rich in real life raking in billions off the pandemic while the poor are forced to work in unsafe health conditions to keep things running.

- "In this manner, we will keep this land strong and healthy, despite the efforts of those who would use this Crisis to further their own ends and rebel against the rightful structures of our society." While this is being said, it's literally a poor man, who has next to nothing running up to a campfire with people who have nothing. He is then grabbed up by a big demon and brought before the leader with axe towards his back. This is the biggest and most jarring comparison to me. It feels extremely deliberate and easy to make this comparison; The poor man is the poor working class man, especially the minorities of the US who literally has next to nothing but is expected to give up more. The big demon is the police / military sent in to oppress the opposition and enforce "the rules of society" currently in place. The leader can be clearly interpreted as someone claiming, "law and order" and "business as usual, it's not time for changes" while making sure "his people" aka the rich, are taken care of.

- "I am, after all, nothing but if not compassionate" vs "That means force. Force with compassion but if you're going to have to really do a job, if someone is really bad, you're going to have to do it with real strength... You have to dominate the streets." You can decide which one of those is from real life and which is from game. Which one of those came with a man being pushed out to his death and which one belongs with an example of people being shot with teargas and rubber bullets.

- "We are doing all that can be done to stimulate Anima production." vs "We're doing all that we can to stimulate the American economy."

- "Just follow me into a brighter future" vs "We'll make America great again"

I'm glad someone else sees it the way I do. I thought it was extremely heavy handed with the things it was doing / saying / how they were being said.
    Get a doc asp, you are mixing things...
    Thats a comunism system being used on revendreth...

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Except that Revendreth is a clear aristocratic society, with the nobles BSing the lower classes. Just like the French Old Regime, before the French Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Communism is literally redistribution of wealth, and power to the working class. How is that Revendreth?