Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not too long ago Death and Void were quite closely related. Yogg-Saron is the Old God of Death. The Lich King worked with Saronite, the blood of an Old God. Ner'zhul is summoning walking corpses with his Void magic in his pocket Shadowlands dimension.

Heck, even further back Death and Fel were closely related as well as the Burning Legion had lots of skeletons in their service. Not just Warcraft 3, as that has an explanation with the Lich King and the Scourge being used as a tool, but even before the existence of a Lich King there were skeletons and Death Knights (Teron Gorefiend) in the Legion's army in Warcraft 1 and 2.

Honest explanation is Blizzard is just making stuff up as they go and they retcon older lore all the time.

The Void doesn't fear Death. The Void Lords merely wanted to push Alleria into insanity by convincing her to kill Sylvanas (whom she dearly loved). They also freaked out when Alleria talked with Turalyon. Luckily, Alleria resisted the Void's whispers at every turn thanks to her strength and mental willpower.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Void doesn't fear Death. The Void Lords merely wanted to push Alleria into insanity by convincing her to kill Sylvanas (whom she dearly loved). They also freaked out when Alleria talked with Turalyon. Luckily, Alleria resisted the Void's whispers at every turn thanks to her strength and mental willpower.
    they said Turalyon was an idiot for serving the light.
    they said Sylvanas served the true enemy.

context.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Isn't it because Void Lords needs a titan world-soul to fully manifest in our phsyical universe, which is their goal, and Death can take this chance from them by killing the World Soul?

Void can't infest/twist Undead.

I don't think it's irrational to respect death. In the Warcraft Universe, nothing is immune to death as far as i can tell. Yes beings can live forever, but haven't yet seen a being immune to being killed regardless of their ability to resurrect or come back in one form or another (eg. demons, wild gods etc)

Right so spoilers away

Of all the six fundemental forces death seems to be the most powerful or atleast the best set up for victory. A book in Shadowlands seems to imply the Dreadlords are agents of Death who ensured all the other forces are weak and dying. They helped set up the legion and the titans to fight one another. While also having active agents in Life, Light and Void all manipulating etc.

Death and Life seem to be the only fundemental forces who haven't directly launched a campaign into the material world yet. So they're also probably among the most powerful currently due not tiring themselves out yet.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-09-18 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Matter yes, energy, no.

It's also worth mentioning that we've seen a world where Azeroth was completely dead, down to the rocks and soil. The only thing that was alive, were the twilight Dragons. Even the Old Gods, who would be allied with them, weren't around. The Old Gods seemingly need living matter to infest and corrupt.
    "This was the Void, a dark and vampiric force driven to devour all energy, to twist creation inward to feed upon itself." https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void#History

What? What kind of world is that? Source, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "This was the Void, a dark and vampiric force driven to devour all energy, to twist creation inward to feed upon itself." https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void#History

What? What kind of world is that? Source, please.
    If I recall correctly, it's a vision Thrall receives in Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects. Paraphrased: "[...] all the five Aspects, including Deathwing himself, lay dead and broken at the ruins of the Wyrmrest Temple, having been destroyed by their own powers. Every lifeform on Azeroth will be dead and rotting, except twilight dragons." Not sure that means the Old Gods are themselves dead or gone, however; simply that the realization of the Hour of Twilight killed everything living on Azeroth's surface.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's a vision Thrall receives in Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects.
    That's the one.

Paraphrased: "Every lifeform on Azeroth will be dead and rotting, except twilight dragons."
    I wish I had my copy within reach, because I'm pretty sure they specifically said as well that the corpses weren't even rotting, because the bacteria that would cause bodies to rot and break down were all dead as well.

You answer yourself in the first sentence: the Void corrupts everything that is living and Death is the end of all possibilities and futures.

That's the one.

I wish I had my copy within reach, because I'm pretty sure they specifically said as well that the corpses weren't even rotting, because the bacteria that would cause bodies to rot and break down were all dead as well.
    If that's an Hour of Twilight vision of Thrall, why would the Void and Old Gods be against it? they literally worked their asses off to make it happen.

If that's an Hour of Twilight vision of Thrall, why would the Void and Old Gods be against it? they literally worked their asses off to make it happen.
    They want to corrupt Azeroth, not kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not irrational Death is the ultimate force in the universe all things must eventually die.

The void can only grow its power by its physic influence. It turns mortals mad so they may serve their ends.

The dead are immune to the mind powers of the void they can not only fight back but they can also steal followers from they void by killing them.

Could be that the void isn't afraid of death because death can end the void, but rather death could end the voids fun. After the creation of the universe/life the void found something to do, a purpose, and if death destroyed all the toys it would be back to nothingness. It now has a purpose, and the fear is in losing its purpose before it accomplishes its goal. Just another way to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

They want to corrupt Azeroth, not kill it.
    Who said anything about killing Azeroth? You said that the planet was devoid of all life, not that the world-soul is dead.

You quoted a Twilight of the Aspects vision of Thrall. It's obviously has something to do with the Void and the Old Gods, not the force of Death. That's why there are Twilight Dragons there.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-18 at 03:25 PM.

Wish they didn't make Alleria out to be a nutjob.

It's obviously has something to do with the Void and the Old Gods, not the force of Death. That's why there are Twilight Dragons there.
    It was a vision of what would happen if Deathwing's plan to bring forth the Twilight Dragonflight succeeded. They would turn on Deathwing and kill him (I would assume because they're made of 5 flights+nether dragons and he's still made of only one), and apparently kill everything else.

It's also worth pointing out that we've actually been there - it's what the End Time dungeon was. The only reason there was even anything to fight, was because of Murazond's presence creating Time Twisted spirits.

EDIT:
    Who said anything about killing Azeroth?
    They said the stones and earth itself was dead, and that even bacteria is extinct. I think it's a safe assumption Azeroth is also dead. If it was corrupted instead, we'd be seeing tentacles everywhere, not lifeless ash.

It was a vision of what would happen if Deathwing's plan to bring forth the Twilight Dragonflight succeeded. They would turn on Deathwing and kill him (I would assume because they're made of 5 flights+nether dragons and he's still made of only one), and apparently kill everything else.

It's also worth pointing out that we've actually been there - it's what the End Time dungeon was. The only reason there was even anything to fight, was because of Murazond's presence creating Time Twisted spirits.

EDIT:
    They said the stones and earth itself was dead, and that even bacteria is extinct. I think it's a safe assumption Azeroth is also dead. If it was corrupted instead, we'd be seeing tentacles everywhere, not lifeless ash.
    Then, why would the Old Gods strive for this future to come to pass?

It could have been a vision to convince us to prevent it from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murozond mentions that the true End Time was way worse than the one we saw. That might've actually been the dragon's last effort to prevent a victory for the Old Gods. I recall that Murozond was also disrupting the timeways, which meant heroes couldn't retrieve the Dragon Soul, the one thing that could stop Deathwing.

Cataclysm was held up as a big win, but it was essentially the Dragon Aspects burning themselves out to kill one of their own - the greatest defense mechanism of the Titans misfiring. N'Zoth might not have won the day, but taking out the world's strongest defenders was a pretty decent consolation prize.