Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

TBC Classic - Who would get Warglaives of Azzinoth?

Hi. As the title states. Which class would be the priority for the blades of azzinoth? If we put aside factors such as possible guild contribution, attendence etc.
    Was it, is it going to be BIS?

Clearly a hunter weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Clearly a hunter weapon.
    Uh, I believe you mean DEMON hunters.

(demon) hunters

Rogues I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues, then warriors once your guild runs out of rogues.

Unlike Classic, warriors can't really dual wield tank, otherwise they'd go to tanks, like TF does right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    Hi. As the title states. Which class would be the priority for the blades of azzinoth? If we put aside factors such as possible guild contribution, attendence etc.
    I have a feeling we won't be seeing many rouges/warriors until sunwell .. Fury/Rouge same thing ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Unlike Classic, warriors can't really dual wield tank, otherwise they'd go to tanks, like TF does right now.
    Even if warriors could dual-wield tank, I highly doubt it would go to warriors. This isn't Vanilla we're talking about. Warriors kept Thunderfury for some time (at least until Mallet or Brutalizer) because its proc made hot amounts of AoE threat.
    Last edited by Will; 2020-09-18 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Even if warriors could dual-wield tank, I highly doubt it would go to warriors. This isn't Vanilla we're talking about. Warriors kept Thunderfury for some time (at least until Mallet or Brutalizer) because its proc made hot amounts of AoE threat.

fairly early in TBC less than 2 months in the threat got a big nerf on thunderfury patch 2.0.10 in early march of 2007 made kings defender in karazhan a better threat weapon back in the days

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

TF goes to tanks because of the proc, really. You can't dual wield them. It's just a 1H, which every tank uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Ehhh, kara weps were more used from what I've seen in tBC. Aoe threat wasn't a big issue even for warriors.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Streamers.

But otherwise rogue.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

If i recal warriors only used main hand one

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Ehhh, kara weps were more used from what I've seen in tBC. Aoe threat wasn't a big issue even for warriors.
    Pre 70 you could pull aggro still pretty easy. At least compared to live. Its not like vanilla where if you look at a mob wrong they will push in your face.

Rogue then Warrior. In TBC Agi = Crit and crit was a highly prized Warrior stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior AOE threat was not great in BC. Thunder Clap did paltry damage and still had a target cap (4 mobs), Revenge didn't have its cleave mechanic back then and Cleave itself only hit 2 things. So basically if you had to handle more than 4-5 mobs, it was not ideal.

That's why trade was full of 'LF Pally tank for Heroics' - pallies enabled groups to pull stupid amounts of stuff with no real worry of 'oh shit just peeled half the mobs' that you would have with warriors.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The guild master

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    If i recal warriors only used main hand one
    The reason a Warrior would use a main hand only is because Mounting Vengeance (Sunwell trash fist offhand) is better and lots of other weapons would perform close enough (slower offhand has marginal advantage), while the OH Glaive for Rogues is incredible and unmatched. However, if the Warrior has the MH already and the OH drops he'd use it, because the set bonus is absolutely ridiculous. There is an argument that a Warrior shouldn't go Glaives because Hand of Kil'jaeden + Mounting Vengeance peforms similar to Dual Glaives while Rogue's 2nd best option isn't as close.

That said, I think it's a bit dumb to base your gearing around having already cleared all content, and If you were thinking about going for the "ultimate parse" a Warrior needs glaives, the synergy brought from the Warglaive proc during recklessness cannot be matched... But then non demon targets and AOE? Lets be real, loot whore DPS Warriors are going to have a WG set and Sunwell fist set to have the best loadout for the situation.

Warrior tanks don't have any AOE threat in TBC, none at all. They are good for 2 targets, beyond that it's the wild west because the GCD is the limit. Warrior tanks definitely follow the trend of looting tank specific weapons though, since fast weapons were preferred and the Warglaive isn't a good tanking weapon. Warriors who tank with a Glaive just want to look cool and show off having a legendary.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-09-18 at 08:48 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

With my guild whoever can equip and has the dkp.

Streamers > GMs GF > MLs GF > Rogues > Warriors