Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's everyone looking forward to?

What's everyone looking forward to with the new expansion? Besides Shadowlands being new and wanting to escape Battle For Azeroth. Anyone looking forward to anything in particular?

Let's escape 2020 together brother, for a better year. We only got a couple decades anyways before this mad world starts playing with nukes.
    I hope to play this game with my partner through this winter, I believe that's gonna be cozy.

I'm looking forward to the vaccine coming out on November 2nd. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think definitely the levelling and customizations for me. Haven't really been that hyped for the expansion itself for some reason, just been in the mindset of taking it as it comes but not really getting overly psyched about it. I'm not sure why I'm not more excited considering I've been curious about Shadowlands lore for years now, maybe a bit of lingering burnout from BFA *shrug*. Hopefully it turns out good though.

Cyberpunk ... erm. I mean Torghast.

><

New dungeons & raids.
    The pet battle changes/seeing what the 1200/1400 rewards are.
    Torghast~
    Being afforded enough time to play alts/other games.
    Edit: OH! And that mentor/tutoring system. Hopefully it goes well.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-09-18 at 11:59 PM.

Zoning out playing wow and not thinking about work is what im looking forward to. New expansions really keep my mind mellow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really excited for new dungeons, It's honestly a little surreal to me that we are gonna have a new set of dungeons to do

5+ Year Old Account
    Everything! All of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    the cosmetics.. character customizations, changes to transmog rules, legendaries being moggable finally, artifacts being moggable.

level squish, and leveling path flow smoothed out.

then maybe after the above.. new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    What's everyone looking forward to with the new expansion? Besides Shadowlands being new and wanting to escape Battle For Azeroth. Anyone looking forward to anything in particular?
    Class changes, the removal of corruption, and the unlocking of allied races (i play 99% one faction, so never unlocked the other factions allied races)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the cosmetics.. character customizations, changes to transmog rules, legendaries being moggable finally, artifacts being moggable.

level squish, and leveling path flow smoothed out.

then maybe after the above.. new content.
    didnt 8.3 already unlock most legendaries for transmog?

10+ Year Old Account
    The PS5, cause I ain't throwing money at the PC ports of Horizon Zero Dawn, and Nioh.

On the actual topic, I'm hoping Blizzard addresses critical Covenant issues before launch or within the first 3 months of the expansion. If they actually do respond to player feedback in a timely manner this time (I'm still resentful over the shit they pulled with Legendaries in Legion, and the fact that they took so long to even begin addressing some of the issues with the drop rate), I might actually give Shadowlands a shot. I'm not optimistic about them actually doing so, the upside of that is I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do address the problems they've created with Covenants.

Torghast looks like it has potential to be a fun feature, or possibly get old very quickly. I haven't spent much time looking into it, but I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a repeat of the Visions of Madness (I wanted to stop doing it after the first 3 runs, but the only way to +15 for the cloak was to go through that mind-numbingly boring shit another 12 times).
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-09-18 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new zones and what all of it offers(As in the Shadowlands *Continent* so to speak).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm looking forward to more content and more levels to grind.

All I want is to see some new flashy stuff while playing my character. Don't care if it fails like WoD or BfA.

The usual like always gear collecting, creating new transmogs, collecting mounts,pets,toys ect.
    Not looking forward of no-flying for 6 months, and the level squish (sounds so pointless to me)

Storywise
    Looking forward to see Garrosh again and i hope blizzard dont ruin him more, get him back in his cata/wotlk mode of a great general.
    Hopefully Thrall gets an ass kicking from his mother so he gets his balls back and stop crying and act confused all the time.
    And i hope we get some Ner'zhul stuff somewhere in this exp pack, i really think he should be in this one with his background story.
    Then the Jailer storyline, what people locked him up and why? and are we even on the good side or is getting the Jailer out of the maw actually fixing the balance of the shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    didnt 8.3 already unlock most legendaries for transmog?
    you know, you may be right. i might have just confused the timing of it all. Ultimately, im just looking forward to all of the customization options, but thanks for the clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

5+ Year Old Account
    - Leveling my horde pandaren to 60 in the shadowlands.
    - Pvp vendors.
    - Covenants.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-09-20 at 02:03 AM.

Something new to do that isn't based on BfA. I'm so done with trolls, pirates, hentai tentacles, spikey orcs vs. bulky humans and naga.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The end of everything BFA - no more azerite gear, no more essences, no more corrupted gear, no more WQs with 395 gear when your alt is 420 and significantly less RNG, I hope. Shadowlands does possess a few elements from BFA but there is also new stuff, so Shadowlands does have a "more than" fair shot to succeed. Keep in mind, this perspective is coming from one of Blizzard's harshest and most unforgiving critics.