Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Hmm im not sure - you might need to try removing both sets of auras and reimporting them. make sure you are using the latest releases of weakauras as well.
    you should see as follows - the total dot count on the ap bar, and the individual dot count above each dot, both updating dynamically as dots fall off/are applied
    I have done the following:

- Updated WA to newest ShaLa beta (only 5 days younger than the previous).
    - Removed ALL WAs
    - Removed ALL other addons than WA and Wowhead Looter
    - Reimported "DoT Count" WA

I have been testing on Training Dummies (in SMC), because its difficult to find enough mobs that will let me hurt them without hurting me back.

I still only get a single counter, matching how many many dots I have on current target. When I switch target, it switch to a number that match that target. When I untarget, the number disappear. There is no icon displayed. I can reproduce this 100% of the times I test.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Ultimate AP Bar - My Shadowlands Balance druid Weakauras

Super strange. Might need some more tests/info

What level are you?
    What talent setup are you?
    What language client are you? English?
    Can you screenshot your ui in combat with dots up
    Did you change any of the custom options?

Does this come with flashy CA/Inc indication on the AP bar or will I need to hack it in myself?

Ultimate AP Bar - My Shadowlands Balance druid Weakauras

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Does this come with flashy CA/Inc indication on the AP bar or will I need to hack it in myself?

My bar includes a glow on incarn if you like but no flashing animations

You can see the bar and animation and options on this extract of the aura https://wago.io/M7XklKOF3

You could add a second aura to handle the animation if you like, but I have opted for a single aura with a constant model animation background rather than the (I think) 5 auras used in that aura
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2020-09-18 at 08:05 PM.

My bar includes a glow on incarn if you like but no flashing animations

You can see the bar and animation and options on this extract of the aura https://wago.io/M7XklKOF3

You could add a second aura to handle the animation if you like, but I have opted for a single aura with a constant model animation background rather than the (I think) 5 auras used in that aura
    Yeah, AP Probar has 5 layers for the AP/Cast bar (one being the flashy animation for CA).
    It is just a nice visual indicator I've grown used to. If it is not possible to do on this one you don't need to worry about it. (And Shadowlands won't have random or stacked procs triggering CA outside of CD anyways).

Wing5Wong

I don't know if I missed it when I tried it out in the PTR, but would it be possible to add a noticeable change in the icons regarding sunfire and moonfire on current target when they drop below the threshold of efficient time to redot, for the pandemic effect. Instead of it just going from normal effect to grey when it isnt active.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Wing5Wong

I don't know if I missed it when I tried it out in the PTR, but would it be possible to add a noticeable change in the icons regarding sunfire and moonfire on current target when they drop below the threshold of efficient time to redot, for the pandemic effect. Instead of it just going from normal effect to grey when it isnt active.
    Check the custom options and turn on pandemic glow

Check the custom options and turn on pandemic glow
    Oh sorry, Im so stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Oh sorry, Im so stupid...
    all good, it should actually be on by default (i use it) so il check that out

I spent some time testing it and would like to request (if it's possible) one personal change. Unfortunately I'm not good enough with WA to be able to remake functions etc.

I'd like the AP bar to always have the Model 1 background. I just dislike it changing based on eclipse and the green colour during CA also doesn't really fit. On the other hand the background/animation of Model 1 is pretty so I'd like to just keep it like that. I think the Eclipse / CA slot are enough of an indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I spent some time testing it and would like to request (if it's possible) one personal change. Unfortunately I'm not good enough with WA to be able to remake functions etc.

I'd like the AP bar to always have the Model 1 background. I just dislike it changing based on eclipse and the green colour during CA also doesn't really fit. On the other hand the background/animation of Model 1 is pretty so I'd like to just keep it like that. I think the Eclipse / CA slot are enough of an indicator.
    You can customise the colours in the conditions tab (or even remove them, just delete the matching section)

For example (using my live bar not SL) you can delete this section or choose your own colors. in the SL version there are 3 sections, one for each eclipse and one for CA
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2020-09-21 at 01:20 AM.

Got it! Thanks a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super strange. Might need some more tests/info

What level are you?
    What talent setup are you?
    What language client are you? English?
    Can you screenshot your ui in combat with dots up
    Did you change any of the custom options?
    Sorry for the slow answer.

I'm level 120, brutally scaled down to 50, without my concent Copied from Live.
    Talents -> https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tale.../0/5mN/Ydb/U83
    English language, no other language packs installed, on a Danish Win10Pro, though.
    Nothing changed from standard PTR setup, except
    - WA installed
    - - AP bar and DoT count installed and position moved to right of AP bar.
    - BugGrabber/BugSack installed
    - Wowhead Looter installed

Last edited by FuxieDK; 2020-09-23 at 07:14 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

I recommend testing it on some Hostile mobs. The problem with dummies is that they are neutral and at this moment you can't see the other healthbars. But tbh this convinced me to install combat frames addon - not only are they visually and functionally better, but also dot count works as intended since all neutral and hostile frames are always visible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend testing it on some Hostile mobs. The problem with dummies is that they are neutral and at this moment you can't see the other healthbars. But tbh this convinced me to install combat frames addon - not only are they visually and functionally better, but also dot count works as intended since all neutral and hostile frames are always visible.
    Not an unreasonable idea.. Haven't actually thought of that myself.

Which "combat frames addon" do you recommend?
    This is PTR, where I (as a general rule) prefer to use as few addons as possible, because often they hinder eachother, more than they help.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not an unreasonable idea.. Haven't actually thought of that myself.

Which "combat frames addon" do you recommend?
    This is PTR, where I (as a general rule) prefer to use as few addons as possible, because often they hinder eachother, more than they help.
    I'm using Plater Nameplates for Shadowlands which is (afaik) the only nameplates addon working on beta. Don't know about PTR though. It's nice visually and has some functionalities which are a huge improvement over the standard blizzard frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Plater Nameplates for Shadowlands which is (afaik) the only nameplates addon working on beta. Don't know about PTR though. It's nice visually and has some functionalities which are a huge improvement over the standard blizzard frames.
    At this time, Beta and PTR should be the same..

Just tried Plater (damn, those bars are ugly ), and the counter is now totalled (still using Dummies)

Ping @wing5wong
    It's still one number for MF and SF combined, not one for each, and still no icons.

Sorry for the slow answer.

I'm level 120, brutally scaled down to 50, without my concent Copied from Live.
    Talents -> https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tale.../0/5mN/Ydb/U83
    English language, no other language packs installed, on a Danish Win10Pro, though.
    Nothing changed from standard PTR setup, except
    - WA installed
    - - AP bar and DoT count installed and position moved to right of AP bar.
    - BugGrabber/BugSack installed
    - Wowhead Looter installed

did you grab this set as well as the ap bar? https://wago.io/pYKqEwIo2 - i really cant see why else you arent seeing the dots auras.

Also i note you dont have nameplates always showing - looks like you only have them visible for target - try typing the following to show all nameplates
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("nameplateShowAll", "1")
    unfortunately without nameplates, tracking dots on all targets (new,dead,expiring etc) is pretty cumbersome.

At this time, Beta and PTR should be the same..

Just tried Plater (damn, those bars are ugly ), and the counter is now totalled (still using Dummies)

Ping @wing5wong
    It's still one number for MF and SF combined, not one for each, and still no icons.
    Well, there's a lot of options to customize it.
    Anyway, you must have something incorrectly configured, or maybe lacking some WA group out of the whole packet. It's working fine for me and I didn't change anything at all when it comes to dot tracking:

10+ Year Old Account
    did you grab this set as well as the ap bar? https://wago.io/pYKqEwIo2 - i really cant see why else you arent seeing the dots auras.
    Oh, NOW we're talking... This was exactly what I was lookig for in the first place... Slightly differently designed from what I'm used to, but I'm sure, that's just a matter of days/weeks, then the old is totally forgotten.

Also i note you dont have nameplates always showing - looks like you only have them visible for target - try typing the following to show all nameplates
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("nameplateShowAll", "1")
    unfortunately without nameplates, tracking dots on all targets (new,dead,expiring etc) is pretty cumbersome.
    Right now, I'm testing Plater, and they seem to do the job.. But I'll keep the SetCVar in memory, if need be.