I'm sure the white supremacists and fascists are ecstatic right now.

Yes, yes they are.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, Mitch said that appointing Supreme Court nominees during an election year was in bad taste and I'm sure we can trust the GOP to have the integrity to stand by their word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Progressives getting enthusiastic about Biden, yet?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But what's the point of voting for Biden if I don't immediately get every checkmark on my progressive laundry list filled out day one?!

But seriously I hope this is a wake-up call to the fence-sitters.

RBG was quite right the main reason I was voting for Biden. I'm still gonna vote for him, but now I have no hope.

I have never been as worried about the state of the future of this country as much as I am now.

Well this will be interesting. They will appoint a justice before election, no doubt.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Well this will be interesting. They will appoint a justice before election, no doubt.
    I really doubt it... They will try...

Am I settling in, to keep people from going off the ledge for the rest of the night? Folks, relax... it sucks... but, everything will be fine. Don’t do anything silly...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Democrats need to pull every stalling tactic they can, pull the fucking fire alarms if they have to.

If Republicans ram a new SC nominee through and Dems win the Presidency and the Senate back, then the SC must be expanded.

And there goes the US.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I settling in, to keep people from going off the ledge for the rest of the night? Folks, relax... it sucks... but, everything will be fine. Don’t do anything silly...
    Why do you doubt? It's worth it to the GOP to lose the next decade of presidential elections if they can get this appointment, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's actually stopping them from doing so?

McConnel said he would, and he has the votes to do so. There's no way that they don't appoint the biggest fucking right wing nazi they can find to the court.

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    If Republicans ram a new SC nominee through and Dems win the Presidency and the Senate back, then the SC must be expanded.
    inb4 the republican supreme court says its unconstitutional to expand the supreme court
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    Agree. I was totally against this, but WTH.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I have no doubt that Trump will try to install a lackey to help him steal the election and get away with everything else.

I expect republicans to go along with it and show no spine whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What's actually stopping them from doing so?

McConnel said he would, and he has the votes to do so. There's no way that they don't appoint the biggest fucking right wing nazi they can find to the court.
    It's gonna be Ted Cruz or Tom Cotton. Trump already released his short list, and Cotton REALLY wants the job.

even if trump loses his ideology will live on in the supreme court for the next 50 years
    thanks bernie bros who couldnt vote for hillary
    ANY progressive economic policy will be now blocked by a gop scotus
    if were lucky the fate of the US is now on the whim of "moderate" neil gorsuch...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    inb4 the republican supreme court says its unconstitutional to expand the supreme court
    If they did, the SC would actually have to go back to the same number of Justices when it was originally formed. It wasn't always 9 Justices.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    even if trump loses his ideology will live on in the supreme court for the next 50 years
    thanks bernie bros who couldnt vote for hillary
    ANY progressive economic policy will be now blocked by a gop scotus
    Hillary lost because her own supports stayed home cause they thought it was in the bag.