Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The important number here is 1.

That is the number of days McConnell needs to ram something through the Senate.

He will try, and it will be rushed.

The only question mark is if whether or not there are enough Republican senators at risk in blue/purple states to abstain or vote against the confirmation in order to maintain their own place on the gravy train. Somehow I don't think we'll get that lucky.
    The only one maybe collins. Every single other red Senator is relying on Trump to keep their cushy jobs. Republicans don't need Collins, in fact her voting against it might help her.

10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, ANY Democrat voting in favor of whoever the Republicans put forward needs to have their political career ended forever.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Well I could say RBG should have retired in January of 2016. Now McConnell would have likely held that seat open too. But hey as I stated in the General Election thread maybe that would wake up enough morons to vote Clinton who might have appointed 2 SCOTUS. Yet, I also state I give all the credit to Republicans in that they are smart or not stupid enough to realize that appointing Justices is a big deal.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The only one maybe collins. Every single other red Senator is relying on Trump to keep their cushy jobs. Republicans don't need Collins, in fact her voting against it might help her.
    Collins will cave like she did on Boofing Brett.

Maaaaaaybe Romney.

So . . . since we're going straight into the apocalypse, which dreg will it be? Ted Cruz? Tom Cotton? Lord Voldemort? Who will Trumpstain pick?
    Putin khuliyo

Jesus fucking Christ, FUCK THIS YEAR! Seriously this year might mean the death knell for democracy in this country. McConnell is slobbering at the bits to ram through the youngest most insane neo nazi alt right shit they can. That we have to put our hopes into a group of Republicans to have the decency and ethics to allow the American people to vote in less then a month and a half when they held up Obama's nomination for a year. Who am I kidding though every Republican in the Senate is as slimy and deceitful as a snake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Well I could say RBG should have retired in January of 2016. Now McConnell would have likely held that seat open too. But hey as I stated in the General Election thread maybe that would wake up enough morons to vote Clinton who might have appointed 2 SCOTUS. Yet, I also state I give all the credit to Republicans in that they are smart or not stupid enough to realize that appointing Justices is a big deal.
    I thought people seeing Scalia's seat still open would convince people to fucking vote.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Romney would likely vote against. Collins will pretend that she's "concerned" and then vote to confirm just like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    So what would happen if we get Bush V Gore 2 Electric Boogaloo over some controversial mail in ballots in several key states and then the court ends up tied?
    The original ruling is upheld...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Maaaaaaybe Romney.

So . . . since we're going straight into the apocalypse, which dreg will it be? Ted Cruz? Tom Cotton? Lord Voldemort? Who will Trumpstain pick?
    Brett is the sole reason she might lose, she knows this, so she might try to reconcile it idk. Romney maybe. still, they got 50 votes easily regardless.

10+ Year Old Account

Maaaaaaybe Romney.

Supreme Court Justice Baron Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, FUCK THIS YEAR! Seriously this year might mean the death knell for democracy in this country. McConnell is slobbering at the bits to ram through the youngest most insane neo nazi alt right shit they can. That we have to put our hopes into a group of Republicans to have the decency and ethics to allow the American people to vote in less then a month and a half when they held up Obama's nomination for a year. Who am I kidding though every Republican in the Senate is as slimy and deceitful as a snake.
    Someone young, so conservative they are against new fangled things like "Fire" and "The Wheel", someone who will do what Trump says.
    Welcome Barron Trump to the SCOTUS.

EDIT: Belize beat me by a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    There's a difference between losing your shit, and knowing exactly what's about to happen.

You don't have to be a clairvoyant to see what's coming
    But, you don’t and stressing only feeds the Pepe...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The original ruling is upheld...
    Would be curious to see what the implications of that would be, assuming multiple different rulings across several states. Seems too good to pass up for a 2020 finale
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You know who'd be a tremendous judge, just a tremendous judge? Great guy, everyone says he's the best lawyer. Saul Goodman. Saul. I think he's Jewish, but people tell me he knows how to lawyer. People are coming to me and saying, you better call Saul and so . . . I'm calling Saul. I nominate Saul Goodman for Ruth Ginsberg Bader's senate seat." - Trump, probably.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Would be curious to see what the implications of that would be, assuming multiple different rulings across several states. Seems too good to pass up for a 2020 finale
    What do you mean assuming different across the states? It would be the same as with a scotus ruling, who ever loses will be upset.

Maaaaaaybe Romney.

Oh yes. For anyone don't be fooled Romney will vote.

Joe Manchin will too. I mean this judge would have to be a real piece of crap for Manchin not to vote. Did he vote for Kavanaugh? I think not. I will look it up.

Yes Manchin voted for Kavanaugh.

- - - Updated - - -

"You know who'd be a tremendous judge, just a tremendous judge? Great guy, everyone says he's the best lawyer. Saul Goodman. Saul. I think he's Jewish, but people tell me he knows how to lawyer. People are coming to me and saying, you better call Saul and so . . . I'm calling Saul. I nominate Saul Goodman for Ruth Ginsberg Bader's senate seat." - Trump, probably.
    Just less than 3-5 days ago Trump put out a list of judges. It was a who really cares moment. Well, they likely knew RBG was on her deathbed. These Grim Reaper mofo's are toasting right now.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Joe Manchin will too. I mean this judge would have to be a real piece of crap for Manchin not to vote. Did he vote for Kavanaugh? I think not. I will look it up.

I don't know how much more of a piece of a crap you can be than a rapist maybe Trump can nominate a pedophile this time? but they will probably vote for that too they supported Roy Moore.

Because he couldn't stop a Kavanaugh appointment even if he voted against it, it was purely a political play for him to keep his seat.

Like other conservative/moderate Democrats, they absolutely break with the party on issues that are not "do or die", but they largely circle the wagons when needed. I'd be pretty confident that if there were enough Republicans to stop a nominee, that Manchin would vote against the nomination as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just less than 3-5 days ago Trump put out a list of judges. It was a who really cares moment. Well, they likely knew RBG was on her deathbed. These Grim Reaper mofo's are toasting right now.
    Oh I know. I just finished an episode of BCS, and decided to just say something funny. I know that asswipe has some assholes on a short list. And one of those assholes will be a judge in record time.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What do you mean assuming different across the states? It would be the same as with a scotus ruling, who ever loses will be upset.
    Basically some states ruling in favor of recounts vs no recounts or some states throwing out mail in ballots. Basically the supreme court would be totally powerless to stop any of it and ultimately state supreme courts could end up deciding the election with contradictory rulings when compared to each other. I.E. WI goes for recounts or throwing ballots out and MN does the opposite whereas the Supreme Court would likely have some sort of blanket ruling (or not and let the country continue to suffer).
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.