Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm no longer going to be calling Kokolums crazy when he talks about a civil war. Republicans steal this something has to happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Mitch has been preparing for this day for years. I doubt it will take him up to the 30th to confirm someone. He's that evil.
    Agree, I think if they're going to do it, it will be before the election and they will sacrifice that to do it. I think it's beneficial for them to do so, and I'm in the other camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Come off nothing. I don’t blame them for trump’s election. That is clearly the fault of the people that voted for him.

I do blame them for not doing everything they can to keep trump out of office, though. Even moreso if they’re attempting to sway others off of voting for Biden by begging the question of “well is he really progressive enough for me to vote for?” Or “well what will he do that’s ultimately different from republicans if he’s not instating x, y or z pet issue?”

This should clarify in everyone’s mind what is always on the line, here, and what is always worth ensuring. The LONG TERM political landscape. Because things just got a whole lot more complicated.
    Seriously there's a thread for this kind of bickering. Especially when we're talking about a candidate and strategy that had its own faults.

If you want to honor, stop the finger pointing, keep your head up and vote.

We lost a true American hero who took up a burden that in no way was fair to her and how to some people on the Left react. Petty infighting while Republicans are contemplating how sick they want to be in the next 5 months.

Everyone knew this day way coming. Take time to honor her before getting right back into the "what have you don't for me lately" bickering.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm no longer going to be calling Kokolums crazy when he talks about a civil war. Republicans steal this something has to happen.
    I will, because civil war implies an equal partition of responsibility.

This is a long term political coup by seizing and destroying every avenue of democratic government. Weimar Germany in 1929 rather than Virginia 1862.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    No, because that's not what she wanted according to reports. Rather that she didn't want to be replaced until the next president is sworn in.

A key difference there.
    No, that is in fact what she wanted, It was RBG's dying wish not to be replaced until after the elections/next president.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-09-19 at 01:14 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Polling shows that Trump's weakness this election has been that support among evangelicals has been slipping. So the death of RBG fixes everything. The GOP can pledge that they will not fill the seat until after the election. This prevents them from being called hypocrites. It also mobilizes the evangelicals to vote Trump in massive numbers as they would be voting to officially overturn Roe vs Wade. Then shortly after election day, fill the seat.

That should secure Trump's re-election.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Polling shows that Trump's weakness this election has been that support among evangelicals has been slipping. So the death of RBG fixes everything. The GOP can pledge that they will not fill the seat until after the election. This prevents them from being called hypocrites. It also mobilizes the evangelicals to vote Trump in massive numbers. Then shortly after election day, fill the seat.
    It wasn't evangelicals he needed to win the election, lol. They voted against Obama twice.

Y'all are seriously going with "pretend nobody remembers how close 2016 was and how his support has not grown at all in any group" huh?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polling shows that Trump's weakness this election has been that support among evangelicals has been slipping. So the death of RBG fixes everything. The GOP can pledge that they will not fill the seat until after the election. This prevents them from being called hypocrites. It also mobilizes the evangelicals to vote Trump in massive numbers as they would be voting to officially overturn Roe vs Wade. Then shortly after election day, fill the seat.
    God you suck at this... McConnel already said they are ramming it through...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    God you suck at this... McConnel already said they are ramming it through...
    I mean were we really surprised with the "Roberts will move left" nonsense?

They're operating on a level of fiction wherein the Party of Trump's actions are seen as normal and not seem as actively fascist by people in any other developed country because they live entirely in a curated media bubble.

Of course they don't find this hypocritical because according to Fox and Breitbart, 2016 never happened.

McConnell has already released a statement that says in part:

In the last midterm election before Justice Scalia's death in 2016, Americans elected a Republican Senate majority because we pledged to check and balance the last days of a lame-duck president's second term. We kept our promise. Since the 1880s, no Senate has confirmed an opposite-party president's Supreme Court nominee in a presidential election year.

By contrast, American reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary. Once again, we will keep our promise.

President Trump's nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.

EDIT: I'm walking away from this thread in utter disgust, her body isn't even cold yet and all everyone can talk about is political partisanship.
    Your faux outrage is noted. Goodbye.

As far as nominees goes, Amy Coney Barrett is already being floated about and that should automatically worry anyone who's read anything about her. Let's just say Roe v. Wade would pretty much instantly be in the sights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Of course they don't find this hypocritical because according to Fox and Breitbart, 2016 never happened.
    Hypocrisy doesn’t matter to people who think it’s to save western civilization or to stop a civil war.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiPTAo_WAAUggYN?format=jpg&name=medium[/G]
    I don't think I hate anyone more than McConnel.

I legitimately don't have words for it.

well RIP america, a majority of trump yes men on the scotus will ram through dictator trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypocrisy doesn’t matter to people who think it’s to save western civilization or to stop a civil war.
    QAnoners should receive an auto-ban on all social media websites, tbh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm walking away from this thread in utter disgust, her body isn't even cold yet and all everyone can talk about is political partisanship.
    Can you pretend we are discussing the statement McConnell issued or is that off limits too?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I mean were we really surprised with the "Roberts will move left" nonsense?

They're operating on a level of fiction wherein the Party of Trump's actions are seen as normal and not seem as actively fascist by people in any other developed country because they live entirely in a curated media bubble.

It is rather insane given Roberts record that he is magically a moderate, we lost the court already this should have been expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you pretend we are discussing the statement McConnell issued or is that off limits too?
    Issues like this make it really easy to spot the shy conservatives pretending to be independent.

There's exactly one good moral stance on this issue, and they fail even that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I don't think I hate anyone more than McConnel.

I legitimately don't have words for it.
    “There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery.”

The sorry shit couldn't even wait a day.