Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The tree mount is just gonna be the infernal mount with a tree skin slapped on. It's going to look horrendous and will be incredibly awkward with most terrain. I feel like it only won because the community is trashed and people trolled the polls.
    I highly doubt that. It would end up hardly looking like an ancient. And if they did do that then the book would likely be slapped together from the hover disks, the goo cat a just a see through cat, nerubian a reskinned blood tick, and the caterpillar just a reskinned Clefthoof or something similar.

The Ancient is the one mount they would have a hard time fucking up and if they do end up fucking it up it just means every other mount would have been just as trash if not more so.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-09-19 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And I know over 100 people that voted for it. Myself included.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow you really struggle with the idea of people liking things that you don't like, lol.
    It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that the Ancient mount is by far the LAZIEST mount in the polls. The infernal mounts are a fucking nightmare because they get stuck in doors and on various amounts of terrain. So...yeah. I'm more inclined to believe this was a trolling effort than a legitimate vote since the majority of people I've seen on the forums thought the Ancient mount sounded exceptionally dumb and uninspired.

hmm, really expected the tome. had been something special.

but better that way to big tree, than that other standard 0815 shit mounts.

sad, that it was not the tome. but in the end, its ok. another thing to not care in SL, since i am not that hot for running or even flying around with a way too big tree mount. but everyone his own.

Not the one I voted for but hopefully people enjoy it. I hope the others come in thru maybe a grind quest, in game currency, or even the shop (maybe thru charity related event). Definitely liked that Blizzard let people choose which one. I do wish we could have seen some concept art for each of them though as I’m worried once it/they come out people are just going to complain it doesn’t match their head cannon.
    I wonder if the tree will have any special effects like a dance animation when standing still or changing leaf colors or even catches fire in a campfire like Druid Treant form.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It does, but doesn't mean it'd be a flying mount though. Since they are all land based mounts, its easier to assume it wouldn't fly even if the name sounds like it. Also, technically one could say it is "soaring" as it is levitating in the air to start with.

Though it could be that they all adapt and can fly as well. Based on the limited information we have we don't know for sure and easiest to figure they are all land based due to no flying.
    if this is really true (no fly) the tree is maybe better than the tome. but if not, the tome had been light years better instead, imo.

it really sucks, when you do a poll and not give this information. but i personally expected them, ofc to fly. why should blizz invest (even when they are all easy to cheap shit copy) into a mount, that is no flying ? can not see that, tbh.

It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that the Ancient mount is by far the LAZIEST mount in the polls. The infernal mounts are a fucking nightmare because they get stuck in doors and on various amounts of terrain. So...yeah. I'm more inclined to believe this was a trolling effort than a legitimate vote since the majority of people I've seen on the forums thought the Ancient mount sounded exceptionally dumb and uninspired.
    heh ! dont be the party breaker here !

i would have fun with it with my 2 buff who make mounts bigger than a mountain =D

and dont worry, its 100% sure that blizzard already did all the mounts and will sell the other on the cash shop:P

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Democracy Wins!
    great picture to see this post, 2 posts after:

Quote Originally Posted by 3nfy
    I voted for it on 37 toons in the EU
    great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    heh ! dont be the party breaker here !

i would have fun with it with my 2 buff who make mounts bigger than a mountain =D

and dont worry, its 100% sure that blizzard already did all the mounts and will sell the other on the cash shop:P
    you are COMPLETELY wrong here! yes, they all have em already done (since it was done in 2 days by copying some templates). but they will:

- sell 1 at the cash shop
    - do 1 in game for 20 million gold, for a limited time, to push up token sells
    - do 1 in game, with huge grind, when MAU and quarter numbers are low (expected 3-4 months after release)
    - do 1 as special marketing offer, like „sub now for 6 months and get this cool mount for free“

THIS sounds more to me like ATVI Blizz.

It's amusing to see people self-destructing in this thread because their pick didn't win. It's like reading disappointed letters from kids who didn't get what they wanted from Santa Claus.

"Dear Santa,

I'm glad that I got an X-Box but I'm really sad because my friend Timmy got a PS5 and we were going to play Super Turbonerd Wars 3 together on it. I would prefer if next year you reconsider your decision because X-Boxes are really not that cool and I want to be a cool kid.

Thanks,
    Your Favorite Boy on the "Nice" List, Bobby"

Quote Originally Posted by Dkay View Post
    Oh great, how am i suppose to fit through a door?
    Doors really need to be made bigger. It was really annoying when I was leveling my Lightforged Draenei awhile back and when I used Divine Steed I would get stuck in doorways because elekks are so big. Same with kodos, etc.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-you-vote-for

Asmon had 1000s of people watching him and he told everyone to vote for the caterpillar, kinda happy people can think for themselves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Jesus the amount of salt of the tree winning because slimy boi didn’t win. We have tons of horses, dragons, wolves, raptors, and...oh yeah! Cats!
    Name a slime mount that we have. Don't worry, I'll wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wow you really struggle with the idea of people liking things that you don't like, lol.
    Look at the post in context. It was made in reply to someone saying "we already have cats!" with a veiled complaint about the "unoriginality of the slime mount being a cat".

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, another too big mount to ride. I love having this as a useless mount in colection because it cannot go thru doorways :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the post in context. It was made in reply to someone saying "we already have cats!" with a veiled complaint about the "unoriginality of the slime mount being a cat".
    Obsidian nightwing and the jewlery cats are slime cats that just dried out. And the spectral saber is just one who boiled off most of the solids.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-09-19 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Doors really need to be made bigger. It was really annoying when I was leveling my Lightforged Draenei awhile back and when I used Divine Steed I would get stuck in doorways because elekks are so big. Same with kodos, etc.
    Which is why I was oh-so-quick to buy the paladin Order Halls glyphs to make the Divine Steed into horses for my LF draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Obsidian nightwing and the jewlery cats are slime cats that just dried out.
    Come on...

None of those are "slime", even "hardened/dried out". The jewelry cats are made of gems, not 'dried slime'. Same with thing with obsidian.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-09-19 at 04:30 AM.

Im just glad we didn't get cat reskin #264. Though rather the Caterpillar for the pure uniqueness of it.

So...yeah. I'm more inclined to believe this was a trolling effort than a legitimate vote since the majority of people I've seen on the forums thought the Ancient mount sounded exceptionally dumb and uninspired.
    Or the forums don't represent the playerbase accurately. I also know a bunch of people that picked the tree.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the idea of the cat the most, but it's a valid complaint. It would have been a really cool mount, but there will also be literally four dozen cat mounts in the game come Shadowlands, and zero ancients, giant floating books, or caterpillars.

There were so many better choices for animal that would have had the slime option win by a landslide.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2020-09-19 at 04:40 AM.

Which is why I was oh-so-quick to buy the paladin Order Halls glyphs to make the Divine Steed into horses for my LF draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on...

None of those are "slime", even "hardened/dried out". The jewelry cats are made of gems, not 'dried slime'. Same with thing with obsidian.
    Clearly you have never had slime stuff as a kid. That shit can break a window when it dries out.

Here's totally legit concept art for the slime cat. :P looks awfully like a spectral cat to me....

Don't get me wrong I think a slime mount could be cool but the fact that they specified it as a slime cat makes me think we would get something like the above image I slapped together in 2 seconds. Also if we do get one I hope it doesn't have legs and most of its body is puddle/goop like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There were so many better choices for animal that would have had the slime option win by a landslide.
    Honestly I think if it had just been a slime dragging/sliding itself across the ground it probably would have won. Having it be any animal just seems like they were planning on taking the lazy/easy way out.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-09-19 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I liked the idea of the cat the most, but it's a valid complaint. It would have been a really cool mount, but there will also be literally four dozen cat mounts in the game come Shadowlands, and zero ancients, giant floating books, or caterpillars.
    Yes, it's a cat. I know we have many cats. But I was focusing on the fact that it's a slime cat. Like, it being a cat is just one facet of it.

Just like the treant is going to have other facets that already exist, like some mentioned: get stuck on terrain, can't go through doors, would likely use the infernal skeleton, or the sky golem skeleton, etc.

To be honest, I'd be all over the caterpillar or the book ones, if the cat was not made of slime. I just hope the other mounts still make it into the game from a vendor, like it was for the bike mounts.