Poll: Give us the option to start core races at level 10!

Capital cities (Level 10) should be starting zone options for core races.

If youve unlocked the heritage armor for that race, you should get the option for that race to skip the starting zones and go straight to level 10, like allied races.

Blood Elves would start in Silvermoon, with a quest from Lor'Themar and a portal to go to Orgrimmar and start the Battle For Azeroth campaign. Obviously still with the options of Sunstrider Isle and Exile's Reach.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    If youve unlocked the heritage armor for that race, you should get the option for that race to skip the starting zones and go straight to level 10, like allied races.

Blood Elves would start in Silvermoon, with a quest from Lor'Themar and a portal to go to Orgrimmar and start the Battle For Azeroth campaign. Obviously still with the options of Sunstrider Isle and Exile's Reach.
    if they're starting at level 10 then they won't do any starter zones.

edit: also, that puts a disadvantage for core races that have not had their heritage armor yet. once every race has their heritage armor, maybe? honestly though it doesn't take long to go from 1-10 if you're not a new player

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    if they're starting at level 10 then they won't do any starter zones.

edit: also, that puts a disadvantage for core races that have not had their heritage armor yet. once every race has their heritage armor, maybe? honestly though it doesn't take long to go from 1-10 if you're not a new player
    If they want to skip the starting zones they can already just pick an allied race. Some people just want to jump into Chromie Time and why shouldn't they be able to when other races can? ((Edit: You would start at level 1 if you picked Sunstrider Isle or Exile's Reach, not 10))

As for the disadvantage for races that don't currently have heritage armor, I feel like the solution is just to unlock the Capital City level-10 starting zones when you reach max level while exalted with the city, before you even do the heritage armor quest.

It doesn't take long to go from 1-10, but that's like a half hour that doesn't need to exist, since other races can just skip it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    For what purpose?
    For what purpose do Allied Races start at level 10? I think it's because you're a veteran player who doesn't need the starting experience. And I think it's a lame disadvantage for core races to not be able to do that.....

I don't think capital cities should be the new starting areas. I think it would give a false impression to new players. The current areas imo are fine how they are, what I would like them to do is update some of those starter quests. But I guess exile's reach does that a bit in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    For what purpose do Allied Races start at level 10? I think it's because you're a veteran player who doesn't need the starting experience. And I think it's a lame disadvantage for core races to not be able to do that.....
    No, not even slightly. It's because they didn't want to have to design ten different 1-10/20 starting experiences for "minor" races, so they start at a higher level, allowing them to jump right into general leveling content/zones. This isn't necessary at all for regular races, because they already have starting zones to start in.

Not all core races have Heritage Armor available, so not sure if that's a good unlock requirement until they all get it - but as an option I'm not opposed to it at all. Actually, it'd be pretty cool if you could choose what starting zone or race capital you started in if you wanted to out of all your faction's available ones.

Really, leveling now takes a few hours - and people complain about 30 min of leveling?

Allied Races still require some work to unlock them, so they should be special. It's absolutely fine if they have a very small advantage over core races that are baseline.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. I wouldn't be opposed if they did it? But I personally feel it wouldn't be right at this time since We did lose Undercity and Darnassus. Though The Major cities haven't been relevant for really anything except the AH and Profession. Something I wish could be fixed. That's not the only thing I wish blizz would of done for Shadowlands. The 1-60 zones (Pre shadowlands I mean) Really need their storylines revamped since most of them are stuck in Cata for the past... 10 years? Shadowlands would of been the best time to do this. But I am just complaining lol. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but feel it's not the right time.

No. That would remove the uniqueness of allied races. Core races are not unlocked through questlines like allied races, and thus should not have the same perk.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

As stated in the thread already, it only makes those races without heritage armour feel left out. If every race had a heritage armour option I'd be a little more open to it, but honestly you may as well simplify the system to just be "if you've reached level 60 (in Shadowlands) already, character creation now has an option to start from level 10 for any character".

N.B I don't think that kind of system is particularly needed, just saying that if you want to push parity between allied races and core races then why not go for a simpler option?

No.

I think that even Allied Races should've started at lvl1, although I honestly don't care that much. I mean the only reason they don't start at lvl1 is because Blizzard was simply to lazy to add a unique starting zone to each Allied Race, hence why they start at a higher level.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    No.

I think that even Allied Races should've started at lvl1, although I honestly don't care that much. I mean the only reason they don't start at lvl1 is because Blizzard was simply to lazy to add a unique starting zone to each Allied Race, hence why they start at a higher level.
    I don't think it's laziness; it's more the fact that to unlock the Allied Race you need to have quested through their zone - that is their starting zone, in a way. for the core races you start off in their starting zone so you can learn a bit about your race before moving on. that isn't needed for allied races since you've already learnt about them via the questline

If everything were to start at level 10 then what'd be the point of levels 1-9?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think it's laziness; it's more the fact that to unlock the Allied Race you need to have quested through their zone - that is their starting zone, in a way. for the core races you start off in their starting zone so you can learn a bit about your race before moving on. that isn't needed for allied races since you've already learnt about them via the questline
    Dude... it is laziness. That's the whole reason why they were able to add all these Allied Races in the first place and why the concept of Allied Races exists at all. Creating a new zone, even if it's just a starting area takes a massive amount of time and with blizzard planning to add essentially 8 new races would've required 8 new starting zones, which simply would've required a massive amount of time and money. If they didn't do it like that, then they wouldn't have added this many races. Even reusing existing zones and then creating a starting experience for new characters would've been a huge amount compared to these 8 short questlines they've given us to unlock each of the races.

Allied Races do by design start at a higher level than core races, but the reason behind this isn't to "reward" you or anything. It's because it wasn't worth it for Blizzard to create a starting zone for each of them, so they went with the easy solution to just make you skip 20 levels.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-09-19 at 02:15 PM.

Even the oldest starting zones added in BC, 1-10 takes 5 minutes. Let's put it 10 if you to Silvermoon for portal. It doesn't justify the dev time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    For what purpose?
    Cause OP wants to level 50 blood elves and is sick of the 10 minutes it takes to finish the starter area apparently.

Talk about fixing a problem that doesnt exist.