Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicard View Post
    There has. Literally we, and others posted these dates out to our guilds back in July. It’s been known that release would be the 27th and prepatch the 29th for a while.
    Stop lying and provide proof. You didn't know the Shadowlands release date and you don't know the patch release date.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Communism View Post
    Stop lying and provide proof. You didn't know the Shadowlands release date and you don't know the patch release date.
    A lot of people “predicted” a release date around Halloween and day of the dead holiday weeks.

It makes sense to release an afterlife expansion around those dates.

Well two weeks would be impossible by now. But 11 days is way too short, and it only gets shorter.
    It was 10 days for BfA, so no. They could also do it a week before - if people are blissfully ignoring that a pre-patch will be coming soon PvP wise then it's their fault.

We have the release date, the pre-patch is usually a month before release, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It was 10 days for BfA, so no. They could also do it a week before - if people are blissfully ignoring that a pre-patch will be coming soon PvP wise then it's their fault.

We have the release date, the pre-patch is usually a month before release, so yeah.
    Well I believe Cata was a 2 week pre-patch, so using your logic it could be the 13th
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post

Legion's last season end was announced 12 days prior, on the 5th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Well I believe Cata was a 2 week pre-patch, so using your logic it could be the 13th
    Cata's was a 2 part prepatch and one of the longest, it was like 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Cata pre-patch was 8 weeks...

BfA had the shortest pre-patch to date. If they don't release the prepatch on the 29/30th, it will be the shortest pre-patch

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I thought they always gave 2 weeks notice before the end of the PvP season
    Afaik pvp seasons have had as little as a weeks notice. People repeat the 2 week thing but its not always been the case.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    shadowlands is not ready yet. there's class stuff on prepatch. pre patch can last 1 week, it's enough. they're probably working a lot right now to finish in time.
    so prepatch might still be quite a while away.

10+ Year Old Account
    sep 29 its 99.99 % official

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Does it really matter?

Expansion release date was already announced, and that's the one that matters.
    It matters for people still trying to get Brutosaur/rank 4 essences/etc. But at this point 29th is earliest date, everyone expect pre-patch at least 4 weeks before launch. So if by some reason pre-patch is week later, it's extra time for them.

They've already confirmed 29th/30th of september, why is this a new thread. Don't feed the trolls

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    They've already confirmed 29th/30th of september, why is this a new thread. Don't feed the trolls
    they did? when did they make that announcement?

You dont see the error in that statement?
    If they have confirmed anything, it wouldn't be between 2 days, it would just be a date...
    Nothing is confirmed...

They didn't. Unless you can provide an official source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well two weeks would be impossible by now. But 11 days is way too short, and it only gets shorter.
    Legion pre-patch got announced three days before it came live. Its obviously the 29th/30th at this point, just fuckin stop panicking and have a little patience, geez.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-09-19 at 04:41 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Sept 29. No doubts. They've done shorter announcements than 2 weeks plenty. I am guessing there will be a 5-7 day arena end warning coming within 2 or 3 days. Been obvious for like a month now..

If you look at past release dates and their patterns, this is pretty normal.
    They announced Battle for Azeroth only FIVE days before coming to live.
    Legion's date was announced THREE days.
    I'm pretty sure Warlords of Draenor had their date announced FOUR days before coming to live.

Plus any other regular content patch mid/during expansions are announced a week prior.

I'm still convinced they're bringing it out on the 29th US/30th EU

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    If they have confirmed anything, it wouldn't be between 2 days, it would just be a date...
    Nothing is confirmed...
    The 2 days are for both US and EU wow. So yes it would be between 2 days.
    Last edited by Zakaryy; 2020-09-19 at 04:59 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most if not all pre patches have been 4 weeks. It's coming on the 29th, 100% positive. A 2 week warning is not guaranteed or required.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is confirmed...
    Patch day is different in EU. If if goes live 29th here it will be 30th in Europe.

Still there hasn't been any confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Most if not all pre patches have been 4 weeks. It's coming on the 29th, 100% positive. A 2 week warning is not guaranteed or required.
    This is correct.
    The shortest Prepatch in wow has been 4 weeks, the longest was cataclysm as 8 weeks long. It's never been shorter than this, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicard View Post
    It’s still currently scheduled for the 29th.
    Says who...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    sep 29 its 99.99 % official
    If so, why don't they simply announce it?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is confirmed...
    29th is US, 30th EU release date (EU always is a Wednesday, US a Tuesday).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again