Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You dont see the error in that statement?
    If they have confirmed anything, it wouldn't be between 2 days, it would just be a date...
    Nothing is confirmed...
    Do all countries in the world have the same time schedule in your mind? Interesting.
    US and europe always have different days. Always had always will.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    A lot of people “predicted” a release date around Halloween and day of the dead holiday weeks.

It makes sense to release an afterlife expansion around those dates.
    these people did not predict anything
    they speculated and guessed

and that is not how blizzard picks release dates

It can't be on the 29th just because they didn't even announce the end of the pvp season yet. They always announce it 2 weeks before prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    They've already confirmed 29th/30th of september, why is this a new thread. Don't feed the trolls
    they haven't stop lying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    If you look at past release dates and their patterns, this is pretty normal.
    They announced Battle for Azeroth only FIVE days before coming to live.
    Legion's date was announced THREE days.
    I'm pretty sure Warlords of Draenor had their date announced FOUR days before coming to live.
    but they gave notice of PvP season ending way before that

Who cares about prepatch? We know the release date for the game. What else matters?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Communism View Post
    these people did not predict anything
    they speculated and guessed

and that is not how blizzard picks release dates
    “Predicted” it is in quotations for a reason.

Pay attention to what you read.

but they gave notice of PvP season ending way before that
    Yes, usually 2 weeks. But that doesn't matter. Why should people rely on them announcing this first?
    The current season right now is up there as one of the longest pvp seasons in wow history, I'm sure people can survive them announcing the end of the season with a shorter time frame. Like one week instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Who cares about prepatch? We know the release date for the game. What else matters?
    Personally, I'm excited to level a new main for SL in the prepatch so the character can be ready for expansion launch. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time for me to do that in prepatch, but I'm excited, so I want the date asap

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Preach might accidentally leak pre-patch date (29 Sep).

1:35:12 watch very closely Preach facial expression after Rich asked "Have they announced pre-patch release date?". He might leak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

1:35:12 watch very closely Preach facial expression after Rich asked "Have they announced pre-patch release date?". He might leak it.
    Yeah, and in his latest video he said it'll probably come out next week.
    Preach doesn't know, just like everyone else.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is obviously coming the 29/30.

No matter the heads up warning really, that is not a rule of any sort.

It is either the 29th or the 6th, its that simple. The prepatch event is 2 weeks long and there is almost zero chance they would give people only 2 weeks to complete the 2 weeks of content, they will provide a buffer so as many people can complete it as possible. Why are we all arguing about a weeks difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Yes, usually 2 weeks. But that doesn't matter. Why should people rely on them announcing this first?
    The current season right now is up there as one of the longest pvp seasons in wow history, I'm sure people can survive them announcing the end of the season with a shorter time frame. Like one week instead of two.
    Or maybe they don't stop the season with the 9.0 release. Actually they also simply could extend the season until the release of Shadowlands itself and then 2 weeks before it announce the end of the pvp-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

I think he merely just realized that it hasn't actually been confirmed yet and the date was just the date most people assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Do all countries in the world have the same time schedule in your mind? Interesting.
    US and europe always have different days. Always had always will.
    Funny how SL will release the same date across the globe for all regions but the prepatch won't?
    I get the concept of time zones but its still hours, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Funny how SL will release the same date across the globe for all regions but the prepatch won't?
    I get the concept of time zones but its still hours, not days.
    It's about 16 hours only for patch differences between NA and EU.

Well two weeks would be impossible by now. But 11 days is way too short, and it only gets shorter.
    As we've said in other threads. It has never been 2 weeks, it is 2 resets which is still possible if they announce on Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Says who...?

- - - Updated - - -

If so, why don't they simply announce it?

- - - Updated - - -

29th is US, 30th EU release date (EU always is a Wednesday, US a Tuesday).
    cause the announce pre patches 1 week before they release em mostly for the pvp season to end

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I thought they always gave 2 weeks notice before the end of the PvP season
    a friend of mine said that blizzard said some time back that they would stop with the 2 week end of seasons notice because it advocated some sort of toxic play or something along those lines. And when he said it. This sounds like something i can remember reading aswell. But i have not been able to find the bluepost about it, so i can't confirm it.

But there is simply no way we gonna get a pre-patch that is less than 4 weeks, so the 2 week notice is obviously not going to happen this time

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well you definitely guessed the announce date correctly, however you don't yet know if you were right about the prepatch date. you might well be, but it is still an educated guess at best
    It’s a bit more than an educated guess. A couple of guilds have active employees in them and have had this information since July, which is when it was posted in our guilds discord to take off in advance as well as raid openings. Blizzard has had these release dates set for the last couple of months.